Dog Park Poll

View Poll Results: Do you want more dog parks in The Villages?
Yes, at least two more. One in Marion, one in Sumter County. 45 72.58%
Yes, as above with the addition of a Training Facility located near Paradise Dog Park. 5 8.06%
I only want a training facility. 0 0%
No. 12 19.35%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Platinum member
Default Thanks, Anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Dilly, perhaps you should give it a try .. you might be surprised.

My big dog, twelve years old, (who recently had to be euthanized) really enjoyed the dog park. He didn't play much with other dogs, he had operations on both his back knees. But he really got excited and brightened up when we went to DDRR.
Thanks for the suggestion, but it just doesn't work for him. Our neighbors have dogs and we have tried to socialize him with them, but he wants no part of it. He's just about to turn 17 and is pretty much blind and deaf. He used to really enjoy people and other animals but not anymore. He is not in pain yet, but when he gets to that point, we will have him put down. Right now, he just enjoys his naps next to my husband and/or the cat or the safety of his crate. From what I know of DDRR it would be the ideal place for us were things different.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, but it just doesn't work for him. Our neighbors have dogs and we have tried to socialize him with them, but he wants no part of it. He's just about to turn 17 and is pretty much blind and deaf. He used to really enjoy people and other animals but not anymore. He is not in pain yet, but when he gets to that point, we will have him put down. Right now, he just enjoys his naps next to my husband and/or the cat or the safety of his crate. From what I know of DDRR it would be the ideal place for us were things different.
Dilly, I didn't realize your dog is almost 17. Of course DDRR wouldn't be of interest to him. He absolutely deserves his quiet time with the people he loves.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Default Dogs need to be able to socialize, as well as humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Good one. You had me going there for a few moments.
My experience is that if dogs get togeather, they are generally good and mannerly. I think it is a great idea to have a dog park in Marion county for those living there, such as myself and I feel several would participate. Ray Rinard
Old 05-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Default Beagle Owner- "Faith"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Responsible Dog Owners View Post
Thanks for all your help in my plea for a vote for the dog park issue. I wasn't aware I could create a "poll". I hope I'm doing this right.

The question is: Do you want a minimum of three community dog parks in TV? Two more parks would be constructed in like to Paradise Dog Park. One would be located in Marion County and one in Sumter County.
I believe the Poll is closed, but I say it is a great idea. Thanks, Ray Rinard
Old 05-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default New doggie park

I have to admit that although I don't have a dog, I do think that Marion county should have a doggie park.....
I would like to suggest that one be built near ORLANDO ,,,,I would even make a donation ......

fumar the contributor . ..
Old 05-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Unhappy

Yes, the poll has closed and the results are as indicated above.

:: Fumar, this is the second time you've taken your obviously unimportant time to send a rather discourteous note regarding dog parks. I truly am sorry you feel so negative about dogs and dog owners. Oh and by the way when you've lived here as long as most of us you'll realize Orlando is not in Marion County. Why not try your distorted humor on another forum?
Old 05-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by withease23 View Post

:: Fumar, this is the second time you've taken your obviously unimportant time to send a rather discourteous note regarding dog parks. I truly am sorry you feel so negative about dogs and dog owners. Oh and by the way when you've lived here as long as most of us you'll realize Orlando is not in Marion County. Why not try your distorted humor on another forum?
Was that humor? And I thought he was serious.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Sage

Quote:

Oh, don't worry about Fumar, we usually just ignore him on dog issues. His bark is worse than his bite.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:

:
Great poll. 62 out of 70,000.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Thumbs up Dog Park Poll Conclusion

I am delighted to report that following yesterday's AAC meeting, "members agreed to explore the possibility of placing a dog park near the Village of Springdale swimming pool. The Board however rejected a request by the Dynamic Dog Club to consider adding a training facility on the grounds." As reported in the Daily Sun today.

The Responsible Dog Owners Group in conjunction with the Dog Park Resident Board will prepare a presentation to the Sumter Landing Community District to discuss exploring possible sites on the south side of 466. Any residents interested in joining this group may contact Karen Tynes: 750-1627 or responsibledogownersgroup@embarqmail.com.

Our sincere thanks to the administrators of TOTV for the guidance and assistance in getting the word out to dog owners and non-dog owners alike.

Last edited by Responsible Dog Owners; 05-07-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Update
Old 05-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:

The Great Fumar probably meant Ocala which is in Marion county.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

I'm shocked , For the last six years I have been under the supposition that Ocala was in fact Orlando...Now thats really embarrassing when I think of all my northern friends that I have directed to Disneyworld in Ocala...
Although some of my friends are dog owners , I still am trying to show them the error of their ways.....Also if you think the ACC is going to spend money on a dog park ...........Then your much funnier than I ...

ps You might want to change DOG PARK POLL to DOG PARK TOLL ,, just a thought !!!

2nd banana Fumar

Last edited by The Great Fumar; 05-07-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Veteran member

Sorry, but no way do I desire a dog park and all the noise that goes with it (check out the houses for sale bordering DDR along #4 Fox Run-Glenview) supported by my amenity fees any where near me south of 466. The mail facilities vegetations are already ruined by "doggy" urine allowed by uncaring owners. This is from a pet owner. And I agree with the "great Fumar".
Old 05-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Send a message via AIM to jmckean144
Default Dog Parks

I believe we have the best dog park -- Lady Lake Dog Park. The people are very friendly.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Default dog run

Can someone please tell me where the dog runs are???
thank you, karen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.