Dogs Found

Old 07-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Eternal Member
Default Dogs Found

On our way home from Cane Garden, My wife and I saw two dogs running loose in the Laurel Manor parking lot. We were able to coax both over to our golf cart and to transport them to the Saddlebrook Rec Center. They are being cared for there now so if anyone knows of anyone who has lost a male Boxer Bulldog and/or a Female Black Lab, please check with the attendants at the rec center. It appears as though they belong together the way they acted toward each other. It appears both have ridden in golf carts before since they jumped in with no coaxing . Please help find the owners for these two beautiful dogs. You can reach me here thru PM if any further info is required.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Thumbs up Dogs found and reunited

Thank you Schotzyb for your diligence in caring for these beautiful dogs. After several phone calls back and forth from Saddlebrook Rec Center and employee Shirley Cornwell; the caring rescue couple, Lori Nemitz and Scott Foxall, who took the dogs home last night; and the perserverance of RDOG in making this a happy ending, we gratefully report that Remi and Trotter have been reunited with their owners.

This is what the Responsible Dog Owners Group is all about.
The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida The Villages Florida
Old 07-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Dang! I love a happy ending.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Default Happy Endings!

What a wonderful ending to this story! I was of course concerned last night when my Aunt Shirley called to say that 2 dogs had been found wandering last night at Laurel Manor Rec center and then dropped off at Saddlebrook, where she works with no tags and no owners in sight. I am quite familiar with dog rescue as I am an active member of Suncoast Basset Rescue Org. and have a rescue basset myself. I pick up bassets all over the state of Fl. from kill shelters and homes where there are not being properly cared for and then transport to our other volunteers thru-out the state. So after many calls to all shelters, sheriff offices, animal controls in every county last night with no response from anyone- other than to call back in the morning. Friends, co-workers, neighbors, and other dog supports groups in the area were called and no one had room for these beautiful dogs- so sad? So- after I shed some tears I called my fiancee' Scott, he agreed that the right thing to do would to be to bring them to his home for the evening. Woke up and started making phone calls again.....no shelters, ect. open for the holiday weekend-YIKES- and then the miracle - the owner called from Michigan!! Trotter and Remy had snuck out and he would send a gentleman right over to Saddlebrook to meet Scott and I so would could return his beautiful dogs to their home. Someone had heard the announcement on WVLG as my Aunt Shirley had called last night have them make announcement over the radio - which they did and thank goodness- Good work WVLG for getting the word out over the radio and thanks for passing my phone number on to the owners so they could contact me! Well- I missed them both today as they were wonderful furbabies and hopefully their owner will be MUCH more cautious in the future! Take care everyone and God Bless........
Old 07-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Eternal Member

My wife and I would also like to thank everyone involved in seeing that these two wonderful dogs were reunited with their rightful owners. A special thanks to Karen Tynes (RDOG) who kept us informed on the status of the dogs.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Happy Ending

Inemitz and schotzyb, thanks for your dedication to finding the owner of those two dogs. I'm curious about the owner being in Michigan. Were the dogs "home alone"?
Old 07-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Default happy endings!

When I spoke with the owner yesterday he explained that he had someone caring for the dogs while he was out of town and that they had dug a hole out under the fence- and off they went. Hoping that he make take careful measure to ensure his fence is suitable for diggin' doggies!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Sage

I betcha those two pups thought they would find a way to get to Michigan if that is where there beloved master was.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:22 PM
Red face Lost Pekingese

Hi, I am glad to hear that two dogs were found. In the meantime, I am still missing my pet Pekingese, Patches. She is mostly white, with a few beige, tan spots. I was on the radio this morning, and have notified the Community Services.

However, Patches has glaucoma, and is late for her twice daily eye drops. She is almost blind, and doesn't seem to have any sense of direction. Patches disappeared overnight, and somehow loosened the patio door screen. I am very worried about her, as she does have arthritis in her lower spine and hind hips. She does have an ID chip, still registered to Pet Connection, from where I adopted her.

Please help me find Patches
Old 06-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Taltarzac
Default In which Village is this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanBob View Post
Hi, I am glad to hear that two dogs were found. In the meantime, I am still missing my pet Pekingese, Patches. She is mostly white, with a few beige, tan spots. I was on the radio this morning, and have notified the Community Services.

However, Patches has glaucoma, and is late for her twice daily eye drops. She is almost blind, and doesn't seem to have any sense of direction. Patches disappeared overnight, and somehow loosened the patio door screen. I am very worried about her, as she does have arthritis in her lower spine and hind hips. She does have an ID chip, still registered to Pet Connection, from where I adopted her.

Hope you find Patches. It would help to know from which Village she is lost?
Old 06-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanBob View Post

I hope Tony reads this and puts it in a new thread so it won't be overlooked. Do please tell us what village. I feel sure she will be found.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
Hope you find Patches. It would help to know from which Village she is lost?
I agree, we need to know the village she was living in. The other night, very late, I was making a left hand turn onto Morse from Rio Grande at the red light, and saw a dog walking towards RG in the street on Morse and as I tried to pull up to it, it disappeared into the shrubs. I tried to find it, but my friends were afraid it was a coyote so I left. Maybe this was your baby?? Let us know, please, how we can help.... Good Luck! Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Sage

Thank you to Schotzyb and Inemitz! I'm praying for Patches.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.