Here's The Latest On The New Dog Park

Old 03-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee**** View Post
went there yesterday and it is small, but was able to let my dog run a little. went back this evening at 6 (supposed to be open till 7) and the door was cabled shut. are we not allowed to use it?

disappointed. sb
Are you sure you were at the right place ???? That might have been the water treatment plant......
Old 03-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Default It's Open

We just came from the new park and all seems okay and ready to visit.

FYI, if you want to avoid dog conflicts, it is suggested that you not bring treats and only bring toys that will become communal property. These are not rules that are posted but they are rules that all the commercial parks have that we have visited.

Beware of thistle that is growing in the grass. If you or your dog come in contact with it, it will give you or your dog a nasty "bite". I believe that I dug up all of it today on the large dog side.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Default Just Wondering

Why is the Brinson-Perry Dog Park closed for four hours in the middle of the day?

Who are (were) Brinson and Perry?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmer View Post
We just came from the new park and all seems okay and ready to visit.

FYI, if you want to avoid dog conflicts, it is suggested that you not bring treats and only bring toys that will become communal property. These are not rules that are posted but they are rules that all the commercial parks have that we have visited.

Beware of thistle that is growing in the grass. If you or your dog come in contact with it, it will give you or your dog a nasty "bite". I believe that I dug up all of it today on the large dog side.

Pharmer - this is a rule at the non-TV dog park (DDRR), and it makes a lot of sense.

I know some of you will think I must be making this up, but...

My hubs brought Fin the Dog there on Saturday. A few nice doggies were on the small dog side and Finley had a blast! However, he saw two women tossing some sort of treats onto the group. When he saw that they were grapes, he went to pick them up - and informed the woman that grapes are poisonous to dogs. Her reply? Well, I knew raisins are bade for dogs, but I didn't know grapes were!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Why is the Brinson-Perry Dog Park closed for four hours in the middle of the day?

Hey Pharmer - we golfed yesterday with two other Mainers... but I digress. I think the park is closed at mid-day due to needing volunteers there while the park is open and that in the summer it gets too hot during that time.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:27 PM

I see in the paper that the park is finished. Is it open??? Who do I talk to about signing up for a hift or 2 to monitor???
Old 03-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default My guess

Quote:

Poop Scooping probably!!!

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 PM

The restored home in the roundabout is called the Brinson-Perry house. It was originally built in 1885, and was moved to it's present location when CR466 was widened a few years ago. I guess they decided to use that name for the dog park.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Bosoxfan
Default Closed in the rain

I don't understand why when i took Bonyta to the dog park today after 3 p.m. it was locked.I guess the folks that unlock think dogs don't have to relieve themselves on days that it rains.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Ooowee. The best way to start a dog fight is to throw a treat in the middle of a bunch of dogs. Not a good idea at all. What were they thinking???
Old 05-03-2011, 02:49 PM

I'm going to check out the new park, but the time that I usually go is just when it's closed. I live in Amelia and have been going to Paradise. It's a lot closer than Mulberry and I don't have to worry about what time it is.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Default New Dog Park

Most folks I meet at new dog park express dismay that it closes from 11 to 3pm. What can we do to keep it open?
Also there is a lack of grass in the large dog area, possibly the slope has something to do with that as all the traffic is pretty much on the flat area. Poor planning I guess.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.