South Dog Park Update

Old 12-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Platinum member
Default South Dog Park Update

The following information was received in an email from RDOG2 regarding the new dog park that will be located behind the fire dept at Buena Vista & Bonita:

The information and funds have been submitted to The Villages Adopt-A-Bench program and four benches have been ordered. Some of the equipment has also been ordered and we will soon be underway with the construction of the park. Completion of the park is now scheduled for the end of January. We will need 28 stewards to serve as host/hostesses for two hour intervals during the proposed park hours along with six or so substitutes. More to come on that when the operational hours have been blessed by the administration.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Veteran member

Good. Let's get the word out. All you "Irreponsibles," have another place to walk your dogs and you won't have to break the rule and walk around the polo field. Thank you!
Old 01-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Default Any news

Any updates on when the dog park will be open - one behind behind the fire dept at Buena Vista & Bonita? Thanks very much.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYTeacher View Post
Any updates on when the dog park will be open - one behind behind the fire dept at Buena Vista & Bonita? Thanks very much.
Go back up to F16's post - his quote states completion is currently scheduled for the end of January.

Bill
Old 01-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Default Thanks

Thanks Bill - I did see that. Just wondered if it was still on that schedule since the comment was approximately 1 month old. You know how things go sometimes. It will be nice to have a dog park close.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYTeacher View Post
Thanks Bill - I did see that. Just wondered if it was still on that schedule since the comment was approximately 1 month old. You know how things go sometimes. It will be nice to have a dog park close.
Agreed - good point. My bad - I didn't note the date of the original post.

Bill
Old 01-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Default Dog Park Update

The posts for the newest dog park have been installed. Next should come the fencing. At the RDOG2 meeting last week we were advised there would be two benches in the small dog area and two benches in the large dog area. This park, located behind the fire station on Bonita Blvd, is going to be very small, however at least something beats nothing. I imagine it will open sometime in Feb.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Default Rdog2

I would like to join RDOG2, but never see info in the Daily Sun. When is the next meeting? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:46 PM

Nipper,
RDOG2 meets at Lake Miona at 7:00 the 3rd Weds of every month, however the new president may change the meetings to quarterly instead of monthly. When I hear news of the next meeting I'll update this post.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Platinum member
Default Fencing Almost Complete

I went to look at the south dog park around 4 PM today Feb 1st and noticed workers were installing the wire mesh on the 4 board fence. It won't be long now. I keep telling myself small is better than nothing.

I asked John Rohan for a date on the opening of the dog park. I received his reply today.

"It is coming along. No more than 30 days. All items are in just getting them installed now
."

Last edited by F16 1UB; 02-01-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
I went to look at the south dog park around 4 PM today Feb 1st and noticed workers were installing the wire mesh on the 4 board fence. It won't be long now. I keep telling myself small is better than nothing.

I asked John Rohan for a date on the opening of the dog park. I received his reply today.

"It is coming along. No more than 30 days. All items are in just getting them installed now
."
Maybe, it will be too small for the presence of Fumar.

Good to hear it will be open soon. My dog will like another place to go.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac View Post
Maybe, it will be too small for the presence of Fumar.

Good to hear it will be open soon. My dog will like another place to go.
looking forward taking Magic (the wonder dog) to a golf cart accessible park

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.