Vote Now!!

Old 04-19-2009, 09:45 AM
Default Vote Now!!

We need your vote. Please go to the Dog Park Poll to cast your vote.

From the group of 35 or so residents who were present at the "Dog Park Focus Group" 12 residents volunteered to take the next steps to review:
1. The needs of the community as they relate to dog parks.
2. Current Sites
3. Concerns/Challenges
4. Funding sources

Unfortunately there were only two non-dog owners present at the meeting who volunteered to defend non-dog owners. There's not much we can do if we don't get the participation.

Anyway, here is a brief overview of what's going on.

On one side you have the Dynamic Dog Club (DDC) who wants TV to build one large "5 star" type facility equiped for dog training. Location to be determined. DDC addressses the possiblity of charging a fee to the residents for its use. RDOG opposes this position primarily because DDC does not address the need for parks local to our residents (auto and/or golf cart access). RDOG contends that there are already 3 parks in the area that address training. Doggie Doo Run Run which has 15 acres of space to train dogs, Lady Lake Dog Park which has 5 acres for the same purpose and a new facility, PSD located in Oxford designed and equipped for both large and small dog training purposes. This facility is also 5 acres, has kennels, and indoor air conditioned space for training. Each park charges a fee for use and welcomes dog training clubs.

On the other side you have the Responsible Dog Owners Group (RDOG) who want to create, on already owned District property and close to EMS, Water, Phones and Restrooms, neighborhood dog parks. At the very least one in each of the remaining counties (Marion & Sumter). These parks would be built in a similar design to the Paradise Dog Park. RDOG has already submitted a plan regarding staffing, an Ambassador Program made up of residents, and addresses ongoing maintenace. We have taken into consideration our neighbor's privacy and tranquility. These parks would be concealed in some fashion to the public's eyes and away from resident's property. These two additional parks would give residents a local, to their homes, place to take their dogs to socialize and exercise off lead, without using neighboring property and common areas for dog walks. We can't guarantee that all dog owners will use the parks, however, the parks will be there for their use and enjoyment. We currently have well over 300 signatures of residents, both on the north and south sides of 466, who want dog parks.

If you have any emotion at all regarding this subject we need your vote. Please respond whether you are in favor of a 5 star facility, a local dog park or no dog parks at all. Please be specific so that we fully understand you vote. Our next meeting is on April 20th, Monday so your input is needed today. Please respond to this forum or you may contact me directly through TOTV or responsibledogownersgroup@embarqmail.com Thank you for participating. To most this may not appear to be a serious issue, but the fact remains we have a lot of neighbors that do not want dogs in or around TV. We want to be part of the solution, not the problem. Again, thank you for your vote.

Karen Tynes, President
RDOG
750-1627

Last edited by Responsible Dog Owners; 04-20-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Golden Sunrise Member
Default Neighbordhood dog parks

You said it all.

I would just like to emphasize that parks do need to be golf cart accessible and should not be located near enough to residences to cause bad feelings in a neighborhood.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Taltarzac
Default Would like to see neighborhood dog parks at the north and south end of TV.

TV should have neighborhood dog parks like the Paradise Lake Dog Park near CR466a as well as one up near the Springdale Fitness Trail.

I would sort of like one closer to Lake Sumter Landing as well but realize that this might be too close to residents of the Villages who would complain about the noise.

Doggie Doo Run Run's 10 acres is more than enough for dog training even though the backfield of Doggie Doo Run Run is the only section-- as far as I know-- really used fof obedience classes and the like. The backfield of Doggie Doo Run Run is about 5 acres.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Default Dog Parks

Thank you for your response. It boggles the mind to see that with over 120 hits so far on this forum, there have only been two posts. Anyway we are moving forward with the organized group which was 12 and is now 9 members. We are preparing a proposal with regards to a minimum of at least two more parks. One in Marion County and one in Sumter County and who knows what after that.

Appriciate your support.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

REMEMBER ....
You and your dog only counts as one vote !!!!!!

Fumar ..president of IRRESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS INC.

there will be a test at the end ......However due to overwhelming complaints , there will be no math ......

Last edited by The Great Fumar; 04-20-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Sage

I am totally in favour of dog parks.

Perhaps you should ask Tal to set up a survey, he is good at doing that.

I know that F16 is in favour of dog parks, but he is busy painting. Nonie, Opus, Beady, Kate, Kathie, Rhonda, ... there are tons of dog owners who haven't posted here. Come on gang, this is a chance for dog owners to be heard.

Oh, and I vote that we don't let Fumar vote!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Veteran member

Hope you had a good trip Barefoot. I didnt post since I dont live in TV (yet , but as a "silent voter" I think its a wonderful idea!!

I had to chuckle at Fumar not voting . Lol just kidding Fumar, but it was funny lol.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Thumbs up Dog Park Poll

Thank you Barefoot. I am continually amazed at the power of the TOTV web site! I posted the poll as you suggested. You are all a great bunch of folks.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post
Hope you had a good trip Barefoot. I didnt post since I dont live in TV (yet , but as a "silent voter" I think its a wonderful idea!!

I had to chuckle at Fumar not voting . Lol just kidding Fumar, but it was funny lol.
JB, as a potential Villager you are allowed a vote! Yes, please go to the poll and vote!

JB, you will find out that Fumar believes that all dogs should be edible. And that is why he doesn't get a vote.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Veteran member
Default Okiedokie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
JB, as a potential Villager you are allowed a vote! Yes, please go to the poll and vote!

JB, you will find out that Fumar believes that all dogs should be edible. And that is why he doesn't get a vote.
Thanks Bare, I didnt know I could.....okie...I voted

Lol Fumar doesnt get a vote, I have seen his cat recipe joke...and dogs too!?!? .

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.