walkin' the dog

Old 09-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default Wish I could train my dog to do this. All in the gutter or street, too.

Dog Walks, Pees With Style (VIDEO)

I will bet that Chester misses once in a while though as would any dog peeing in his or her own yard if there are no fences separated yard from yard. Even if there are fences, fences have holes where pee would drip onto the bordering yard.

Wish people would use a little common sense and kindness towards animals when addressing issues like poop and pee done my pets. I wonder if they cause as big a stink for feral cats who wander around and pee an poop where they want as well as snakes, birds, rabbits, raccoons, opossums, turtles, frogs, lizards, coyotes, bears, wildcats, feral dogs, wolves, deer, horses, armadillos, etc.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Sage

Wonder what happens when he poops. I think Chester can make it on America's Got Talent.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default Had wondered how cops would view complaints about pooping pooches.

Unalaska police blotter: 'Persistent pooping, peeing pets' perturb people: Alaska Newsreader | Alaska news at adn.com

Quite amusing police blotter. Nice alliteration.

This is also hilarious-- http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-unalas...tory?track=rss

"Animal - Petite piles of poo promulgated by pets prompted a protest to police." Sgt. Jennifer Shockley
Old 09-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Dog Walks, Pees With Style (VIDEO)

I will bet that Chester misses once in a while though as would any dog peeing in his or her own yard if there are no fences separated yard from yard. Even if there are fences, fences have holes where pee would drip onto the bordering yard.

Wish people would use a little common sense and kindness towards animals when addressing issues like poop and pee done my pets. I wonder if they cause as big a stink for feral cats who wander around and pee an poop where they want as well as snakes, birds, rabbits, raccoons, opossums, turtles, frogs, lizards, coyotes, bears, wildcats, feral dogs, wolves, deer, horses, armadillos, etc.
My goodness. What a kaffuffel! Pee spots on your lawn? Never saw one of those, even around a light pole or mailbox pole. If you should get one, spray the grass with repellent.

I always carry a bag and clean up after my pups. But they get so much joy from marking after other animals. That means a drop or two. Now if you folks who object to that find a mark on your yard, please contact me and I'll have the sod people come out and repair it.

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaniesmom View Post
My goodness. What a kaffuffel! Pee spots on your lawn? Never saw one of those, even around a light pole or mailbox pole. If you should get one, spray the grass with repellent.

I always carry a bag and clean up after my pups. But they get so much joy from marking after other animals. That means a drop or two. Now if you folks who object to that find a mark on your yard, please contact me and I'll have the sod people come out and repair it.
Amen, well said!! I was told by my landscaper that the 2-3 feet of lawn by the street actually is called an easement and belongs to the villages. We are required to maintain it, so if my dog does his business in that space (and I do clean up after my dog) he isn't doing it on "your" lawn.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2cruise View Post
Amen, well said!! I was told by my landscaper that the 2-3 feet of lawn by the street actually is called an easement and belongs to the villages. We are required to maintain it, so if my dog does his business in that space (and I do clean up after my dog) he isn't doing it on "your" lawn.
but the dog IS doing it on the easement section of the lawn that the homeowner is required to maintain - correct?

Old 09-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

up north we paid pooper scoopeer to take care of our lawn kids did a good job
Old 09-02-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
but the dog IS doing it on the easement section of the lawn that the homeowner is required to maintain - correct?
Correct! I'm curious what prompted you to start this thread since you are summering in the NJ Shore. Did you get a report
from a neighbor that a dog peed on your lawn?
Old 09-02-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Correct! I'm curious what prompted you to start this thread since you are summering in the NJ Shore. Did you get a report
Old 09-02-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Not having a fence is not a reason, it's an excuse. We have two dogs in a designer with an invisible fence. The dogs stay in our yard with either my wife or me outside with them until they take care of business. The dogs know the routine so it's no problem at all. There's no way I'd walk dogs and let them use a neigbor's yard for a latrine. That's just rude and inconsiderate. Your dog should use your yard and only your yard.

Just today another owner let their dog wonder onto my lawn and was getting ready to let the dog do it's business when I asked him please do not let your dog on my lawn for their business! He didn't even look up and just said. Oh. ok. Come on "..." That was the second time THIS week a DOG owner was going to let their dog go in broad daylight on the lawn. I can only imagine how many owners at night use other's lawns when, no one is watching or they are sleeping, and they are "walking their dog" late. We know this since we go for late night rides on the cart and see owners doing this! the poop thread is aliiiive!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
love2cruise -
was interested because not only do we have the problem in the villages - we also have it here at the shore. and as i read the various posts on these forums it seem apparent that many dog walkers do not share the responsibility with which i was raised to make sure our dogs took care of their business on our property before they went for a walk in the neighborhood. it was a pleasure to read that some do!

as snowbirds we always return to the villages to find our lawn a wretched mess from pee spots and spend weeks repairing them before it is time to fly north again. since we are the absentee owners on our side of the street, it seems that our property is determined by dog walkers to be fair game for their dog's needs.

i really did get a chuckle out of some of the responses - didn't you? it's good to see that some posters have a great sense of humor and others a sense of responsibility.

love2cruise - do you find it a pleasant experience to sit in front of you house with a morning coffee or evening cocktail and have to watch some dog take a dump in front of you - whether the walker picks up after the dog or not?

Last edited by njbchbum; 09-02-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: 2nd thought
Old 09-02-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
love2cruise -
was interested because not only do we have the problem in the villages - we also have it here at the shore. and as i read the various posts on these forums it seem apparent that many dog walkers do not share the responsibility with which i was raised to make sure our dogs took care of their business on our property before they went for a walk in the neighborhood. it was a pleasure to read that some do!

as snowbirds we always return to the villages to find our lawn a wretched mess from pee spots and spend weeks repairing them before it is time to fly north again. since we are the absentee owners on our side of the street, it seems that our property is determined by dog walkers to be fair game for their dog's needs.

i really did get a chuckle out of some of the responses - didn't you? it's good to see that some posters have a great sense of humor and others a sense of responsibility.

love2cruise - do you find it a pleasant experience to sit in front of you house with a morning coffee or evening cocktail and have to watch some dog take a dump in front of you - whether the walker picks up after the dog or not?

To answer your question, as long as the dog owner picks up after their dog I don't care. And as far as pee spots, I have yet to find one on our lawn, and my dog does pee in our yard.

This reminds me of an old lady when I was a kid and when we walked home from school if we touched a blade of her grass she would come out and yell at us. I thought then as I do now, it's only grass!

My outlook on life is, don't sweat the small stuff, and if it's not life threatening, it's small stuff!

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. Enjoy the rest of you summer and safe travels back to TV.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Veteran member
Default FYI Doggie Diapers

are available at Whole Earth. They are disposable. When our dog is in heat I use regular pads in a doggie pant that you can get at Walmart. I don't know if a dog would hold off going and use the diaper as the receptacle. There are also diapers for males at Walmart I believe. This was in answer to Taltarzac and Cathyw's comments.

Last edited by lightworker888; 09-02-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added info
Old 09-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Veteran member

It is generally believed that the level of nitrogen in a dog’s urine determines whether or not their urine will burn grass. Not all dogs have the same levels. I’ve had dogs in the past who didn’t burn the grass. That is not the case with the dogs I have now. My backyard grass has brown pee spots all over it from my dogs. I don’t even allow my own dogs to pee on my front yard for that very reason. And I don’t appreciate it when others let their dogs go on my front yard. It’s not the end of the world when one does, I’ve never bothered to say anything to anyone, but I think it’s rude. More importantly to me is the bad rap that responsible dog owners get due to the actions of irresponsible owners. For people who don't really like dogs to begin with, it must be infuriating. TV is very pet friendly in general, but there are plenty of people who would like to place more limits on pet ownership in TV. Why give them more reason to feel that way? As njbchbum pointed out, this is not unique to TV. The same issue was a source of contention in my old neighborhood.

Quote:
I think your landscaper is full of beans. An easement does not mean that TV owns that piece of land, it simply means that they have a right to access and use it for a specific purpose, such as utilities. To say that because of an easement, all villagers have a legal right to do anything they want on the front 2 feet of everyone else’s property is just silly. A few months back someone posted a link from either The Sun or a POA bulletin that addressed the issue of responsible dog ownership and it specifically stated that people should not let their dogs onto other people’s property.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
snipped
I think your landscaper is full of beans. An easement does not mean that TV owns that piece of land, it simply means that they have a right to access and use it for a specific purpose, such as utilities. To say that because of an easement, all villagers have a legal right to do anything they want on the front 2 feet of everyone else’s property is just silly. snipped
i don't know about love2cruise, but i do know that the villages is not paying the property taxes on the easement on my property!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.