We need your support

Old 06-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Responsible Dog Owners View Post

We need you to send e-mails to all of our AAC members and our District 4 Supervisors indicating the desire FOR a dog park in Marion County. It seems that the only e-mails our AAC members and District 4 Supervisors are receiving are from those folks who DO NOT WANT A DOG PARK in Marion County. We'd also like to see support for a dog park in Sumter County. Instructions are at the bottom of this notice.

Please copy and paste the following addresses in the "To:" portion of your e-mail program.

Carl.Bell@districtgov.org; Eldon.Sheldon@districtgov.org; Gary.moyer@districtgov.org; Janet.Tutt@districtgov.org; John.Rohan@districtgov.org; John.Wilcox@districtgov.org; Marty.Rothbard@districtgov.org; jim.murphy@districtgov.org; paul.kelly@districtgov.org; rich.lambrecht@districtgov.org; chuck.kazlo@districtgov.org; don.deakin@districtgov.org

Then cut and paste the following message in the body of your e-mail and send. I am in favor of more dog parks in The Villages. At least one in Marion County and one in Sumter County.
Just a reminder of the intent of the thread.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Veteran member
Wink Great Reply Lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
Actually we do have do have an underground fence . My wife had it put in when she found I was tunneling out late last year......When she asked where I was going , I told her that I was going to Crisper's for a " talk of the Village " lunch......So she checked the pictures online and I wasn't there so now I'm in real hot water , Tried to tell her that I was in drag and that Chels24 was me but she said I had more Grey hair than that.......So Welcome to my life (what there is of it) I get out the middle of next month...

woe is me fumar
That answer was hysterical...very clever lol! I guess your wife has her hands full lol. I too have learned that you are just a kidder/kid and teasing all of us doggie lovers. I apologize for jumping the gun.
Okie Jeanne....back to the original post at hand...sorry.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Sage
Exclamation Oh no, no, no....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanneBeannie View Post
That answer was hysterical...very clever lol! I guess your wife has her hands full lol. I too have learned that you are just a kidder/kid and teasing all of us doggie lovers. I apologize for jumping the gun.
Okie Jeanne....back to the original post at hand...sorry.
Jeannie! Never, ever use the name Fumar and the word clever in the same sentence! Hahaha! It's just apples and oranges!

Fumar! Back in your cage or I'll get out that little whip with the tickle fringe end! Oh wait! That's the one you like! Never mind.

OK, Ms. Foot! Back to le subject! Excusez-moi!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Thumbs up It's Official!

Friends and Neighbors ,

Thank you all for your support, e-mails and presence at today's AAC meeting. It's been a long time coming and I can now officially announce that we will have a facility named: THE SPRINGDALE DOG PARK in the next few months.

At this time there will be no need to attend the District 4 meeting on Friday, July 10th. I do not know if a Public Forum is still in the future. I will let you all know when I know.

Again thank you all for your support,

Karen
Old 07-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Friends and Neighbors ,

Thank you all for your support, e-mails and presence at today's AAC meeting. It's been a long time coming and I can now officially announce that we will have a facility named: THE SPRINGDALE DOG PARK in the next few months.

At this time there will be no need to attend the District 4 meeting on Friday, July 10th. I do not know if a Public Forum is still in the future. I will let you all know when I know.

Again thank you all for your support,

Karen
Hi Karen,

Where will it be located? Any other details you can share?
Old 07-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Sage

Quote:

It's been a long time coming and I can now officially announce that we will have a facility named: THE SPRINGDALE DOG PARK in the next few months. Karen
Karen, that is very good news. I assume it is in the area of Buena Vista and Springdale Walking Trail?

Thanks for all your efforts.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Default Location of new dog park

The Springdale Dog Park will be located on the property in front of the SECO area. It will be back approx. 45 yards from the walking trail, so not to impact walkers, bikers or golf carts. It will be approx. 3 1/2 football fields away from the closest home on Grassmere in Springdale. It will be fenced on all four sides with a 5 ft. green chain link fence and tall landscaping shrubbery around three sides. The back side will house the double entry gates to both the large and small dog areas and there will be ample parking for a maximum of 45 golf carts. There will be a 30' paved path to the rear of the park for golf cart access and there will be handicap spaces. Each parking space will be approximately 5x10 ft. More information to follow as we move forward. Thank you all for your support. The park will be a facility both non-dog owners and dog owners will be proud of.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Gold member
Talking

That is wonderful news....I am so glad to have a facility such as this in TV. I am presently without a pooch but that will be resolved in the late fall and I can't wait to use the park.
Plus, I can become a memeber of this wonderful organization that worked so hard to make the dog park a reality.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Thank you Karen. Your hard work has paid off for all of us.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:31 AM
Taltarzac
Default Good news.

I worried about the safety of the dogs who have owners who meet on the SECO property near the Springdale Fitness Trail as some of the gold carts going by there travel at a high speed for a golf cart.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
The Springdale Dog Park will be located on the property in front of the SECO area. It will be back approx. 45 yards from the walking trail, so not to impact walkers, bikers or golf carts. It will be approx. 3 1/2 football fields away from the closest home on Grassmere in Springdale. It will be fenced on all four sides with a 5 ft. green chain link fence and tall landscaping shrubbery around three sides. The back side will house the double entry gates to both the large and small dog areas and there will be ample parking for a maximum of 45 golf carts. There will be a 30' paved path to the rear of the park for golf cart access and there will be handicap spaces. Each parking space will be approximately 5x10 ft. More information to follow as we move forward. Thank you all for your support. The park will be a facility both non-dog owners and dog owners will be proud of.
Just out of curiosity, what animal vaccinations will be required to use the dog park? Who will verify these records?

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Thumbs up Licensing & Vaccinations

Thank you for inquiring about pet vaccinations. It is a Florida State Law that each pet be licensed in the County where they reside. This licensing can occur at the Humane Societies of Lake, Marion or Sumter Counties; the Animal Services of Lake, Marion or Sumter Counties; or at your local verterinarian. The process is innoculating your pets annually for Rabies, Bordetella, DHLP, and Parvo/Corona Virus. A yearly heartworm test occult and fecal exam are also suggested. You have probably received such shots and/or llicensing from your previous residence. At the time this license expires you should visit a vet.

There are some vaccines that are suppose to last three years. I have concerns about these vacines' value after two years. These choices are strictly up to the owner.

Upon receiving the tests and vaccines, your vet will give you a license tag to be attached to your pet's collar along with an identification tag that you can make at Walmart or order thru mail services. You will also receive a paper receipt for the license that you should keep in a safe place.

Pet i.d. chips are an excellent form of identifying your pet and of course there is The Villages Petfinder/Cutter Alert Program.

Your pets' tags will be checked upon entry to any of The Villages Dog Parks. RDOG AND RDOG2 will be distributing "AMBASSADOR GUIDELINES" to all dog owners who plan to use The Villages Dog Parks. You can contact responsibledogownersgroup@embarqmail.com for a copy. If you have any other questions, please post.

Last edited by Responsible Dog Owners; 07-12-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Eternal Member

My understanding is that the license tag is only for rabies. I would like to hope that all dogs have the distemper shots and bordello cough shot/vapor before they are allowed to mingle with the other dogs.

The piece of paper from the vet has the record of all of the shots and is the defining entity.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Gold member
Talking Park Opening Date?

Just wondering if there is a date for the opening of the new Springdale dog park.
I have just adopted a 1 year old English Cocker Spaniel and she and I are looking forward to accessing the park.
I will be attending the meeting tonight at Mulberry Grove Rec center...perhaps they will answer my question.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Eternal Member

From our CCD4 E-notes:

Dog Park is becoming a reality

The Amenity Authority Committee (AAC) and the Villages Center Community Development (VCCD) has given approval for the building of a dog park in the Springdale/Woodbury area of CDD4 on VCCD property, and included the necessary funding for the construction the facility in the 2009-2010 budget which begins October 1. It has tentatively been named the Mulberry Dog Park.

Hope this helps.

Z

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.