We need your support

Old 09-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Taltarzac
Default Hope it opens soon!

My dog and I visited where the "Mulberry Dog Park" will be today. It will add some variety to our various Villages' area dog park adventures.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 09-14-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady View Post
Just wondering if there is a date for the opening of the new Springdale dog park.
I have just adopted a 1 year old English Cocker Spaniel and she and I are looking forward to accessing the park.
I will be attending the meeting tonight at Mulberry Grove Rec center...perhaps they will answer my question.
Beady,

Congrats to you and Cap'n on a new crew member!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Sage

Beady, How wonderful that you have adopted a new furbaby.Congrats to you both and wishing you many years of joy & laughter with her.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Taltarzac
Default I heard that the Mulberry Dog Park opened on Friday October 24, 2009.

Can anyone confirm this?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Gold member
Wink

It is practically in my back yard.....I will check it out today and let everyone know.....
Star is almost ready to join the pups ...she was spayed last week....when the stitches come out on Friday we are good to go.
Sometimes I think I am more excited than she is......
Old 10-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Gold member
Talking Not open yet

The park is not open yet folks......the fencing is up and the work has begun on the parking area....talked to a very nice lady there...lots of dogs gathered outside the area.
I believe there is a RDOG meeting Wednesday......anyone know if that is true....I would like to attend.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by beady View Post

I believe there is a RDOG meeting Wednesday......anyone know if that is true?....I would like to attend.
I didn't see it in the Rec Guide for Mulberry on Wed night. I would also like to attend.

I'm hoping Karen can post any information here.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Default Mulberry Dog Park

Hello All,

Yes, the park is about completed. Today (11-02) the landscaping was planted. Tomorrow (11-03) the mulch will be placed around the new plantings. The irrigation system is in as are the doggie water fountains, doggie bag holders and receptacles and hose bibs for hoses. Also some trees will be planted for shade.

We'd like to order a minimum of two and hopefully four benches and cement slabs for each park but we just have not gotten enough contributions to support the purchases. Part of RDOG's responsibility is to furnish the park benches and cement pads.

ONCE AGAIN WE ARE ASKJING FOR YOUR HELP: If you would like to participate in the purchase of a park bench, please send your contribution made out to:

Dan Forrester, Treasurer
RDOG
16850 S.E. 86th Deptford Court
The Villages, Florida 32162

Each set costs $575.00. Any portion of that amount would be gratefully accepted. Your contribution will help and go towards one bench set or if you're feeling very generous a complete set. Your name, or your dog's name (which ever you decide) will be placed on a dedication plaque on the bench.

We've worked very hard to get to this point and would like to have the park opened this month. Please help.

Karen Tynes, Pres
RDOG
750-1627
Old 11-08-2009, 06:43 PM

I am (or will be when we get there) a newcomer. We have a dog park near where we live. The owners are very careful to have a questionaire filled out for each dog, to do some personality tests, and have supervision to hopefully prevent any dangerous mishaps such as a dog or several turning on another dog, or even a dog owner getting in the middle and being hurt. Putting dogs together without careful vetting can be dangerous.

I hope these things are also being addressed.

Last edited by 3bells; 11-08-2009 at 06:47 PM.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.