Double-booked Jan-March Please help

Old 11-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default Double-booked Jan-March Please help

We need your help. My wife insisted that we rent again in the Villages for January through March of 2015. Then, I got the notion that we should purchase a house in the Villages. Now, we are taking possession of a home in December and will be double-booked for the first three months of 2015.

So, if anyone is interested in a good rental for the first three months of 2015, please email Fran Hyberger at fran@bobhyberger.us and inquire about 1087 Nichols Terrace. Or, contact me at hackery@ctcn.net to have your name presented to Fran.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 11-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Talk to the rental homeowner. There should be no problem in renting the property. I think most homeowners would rather pick who will be living in their property rather than having a renter sublet for them. I don't know Florida law, but it is pretty standard that a landlord must make a good-faith effort to re-rent a property. The biggest issue may be that the landlord won't be able to get a three- month rental at this time.

And congrats on your purchase.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Default repost with a changed lead line

I would redo this post with a different lead line. I thought before I read it that you were a landlord who had double booked your rental. Rental Available high Season might be a good one.

I would also contact the landlord and double check your rental agreement ours last year said no sublets. I agree with Redwitch that most would rather re rent themselves but you never know what people will want. I would offer to run advs for them in the Sun if they would agree to give me my payments back if they rebooked. I seem to remember reading in an article on Florida rental law that if it is rebooked a portion of the rent must be returned but I can't find the article so maybe I am wrong.

As always don't beat me up because I cant' spell please.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Veteran member

Several years ago the same thing happened with us. We called the homeowners and apologized. Needless to say, they weren't very happy BUT they did easily find someone else so there was no problem. One of the reasons we bought was because it was so hard to find a rental in the prime months. I'm sure they should be able to rent it, have you spoke with them yet?
Old 11-18-2014, 06:47 PM

Hi we are looking for 2-3 weeks in March-still working. Thanks, Ed
Old 11-19-2014, 08:20 AM

I am interested in Feb and March any interest
gene mcredmond
203-910-0123
gene@mcredmond.com
Old 11-19-2014, 09:10 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I will be forwarding all inquiries to Fran Hyberger at fran@bobhyberger.us as she is the rental agent for the owner of this property. We would like to recover most of our prepaid rent to help cover some of the furnishing costs on our new home (closing Dec 3rd) in the villages.

Everything must be done through Fran as the rental agreement we signed states that we can’t sublease.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Platinum member

We are delighted that the rental we no longer need has been rented for the months of February and March. Now, we will have money to purchase beds for our new home in the Villages.

If you are interested in renting a really nice house in January of 2015, please e-mail Fran Hyberger at fran@bobhyberger.us and tell her Constance said to inquire about 1087 Nichols Terrace.

Thanks for all of your help,

Rick & Constance
Village of Lake Deaton
Old 12-13-2014, 09:48 PM

Might be interested in Feb-Mar....can you provide more details?
Old 12-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Platinum member

Sorry, this rental has been rented for the months of Feb. and March. January rental is still available and I will make you a deal to rent it in January.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I know of someone looking for the first two weeks of January. They are two sisters but have a small dog. They are presently renting for the month of December and have fallen in love with TV and would love to stay a little longer. (The dog is adorable and very well behaved.) If this might work for you, send me a PM and I'll give you their contact info.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-14-2014, 11:57 AM

Would like to rent for March and perhaps part of April....we are non-smokers, no pets.
Carol 330-608-2883
Old 12-14-2014, 11:58 AM

Can't do January..please let me know if you hear of anything else for March and part of April.....or part of Feb and March.....thanks
Old 12-16-2014, 03:53 PM

Hi, we know what your going through for we're in the same boat. Bought a home after paying for a rental now we have Jan, Feb, Mar and Apr available. If you know of anyone looking for a good rental for those months please call me soon 207-831-5015 Dan.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.