Rental Calendars

Old 08-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Default Rental Calendars

It would be very helpful, and reduce enormously unnecessary traffic on this post if owners would list the months during which the property is available. Just common sense, folks. Helps you & potential renters.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Agree completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim&donna View Post
It would be very helpful, and reduce enormously unnecessary traffic on this post if owners would list the months during which the property is available. Just common sense, folks. Helps you & potential renters.
We keep our calendars up to date with any property we own and rent. I just sent my 7th email for the day from perspective guests asking if a specific date was available. They obviously didn't read the listing or check the calendar. I remain polite and always respond the calendar is up to date. The majority of the replies are either they don't look at the dates open or look and don't trust them because owners don't keep them current.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Default Looking for February rental

We are looking at renting for two months to test the waters and golf courses. We do have two small dogs. Yorki and Maltese. Need some help finding the perfect place.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:58 PM
Default agree completely

I agree with you-rather than saying "beautiful patio villa in Mallory", please tell us what months are available to save time looking further!!!
Old 08-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Gold member

Check ****.com (Thats V for vacation / R for rentals / B for by / O for owner)
Click on Florida then Central Florida. There you should find The Villages listed. They have icons by the listings to show which are PET FRIENDLY.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,590 Times in 568 Posts

Even with the first line, the last line on first page and when you open second page, in the first line stating what is available still get emails for those dates, hoping something opened up
Old 08-28-2014, 09:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxnana View Post
we keep our calendars up to date with any property we own and rent. I just sent my 7th email for the day from perspective guests asking if a specific date was available. They obviously didn't read the listing or check the calendar. I remain polite and always respond the calendar is up to date. The majority of the replies are either they don't look at the dates open or look and don't trust them because owners don't keep them current.
amen!
Old 08-28-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBXNana View Post
We keep our calendars up to date with any property we own and rent. I just sent my 7th email for the day from perspective guests asking if a specific date was available. They obviously didn't read the listing or check the calendar. I remain polite and always respond the calendar is up to date. The majority of the replies are either they don't look at the dates open or look and don't trust them because owners don't keep them current.
I'm guessing your talking about villages4rent? I am very frustrated with it. It's confusing as it shows 2 separate areas with dates and I finally figured out that the bottom dates are meaningless and just match up with how the house is advertised.

After figuring that out I have sent 8 requests for rental and have gotten 2 replies. Both say they're booked but they appear available. The others don't bother responding so I appreciate that you take the time to answer your requests.

I'm still looking for a rental for Feb & March if anyone has anything.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow8IA View Post
I'm guessing your talking about villages4rent? I am very frustrated with it. It's confusing as it shows 2 separate areas with dates and I finally figured out that the bottom dates are meaningless and just match up with how the house is advertised.

After figuring that out I have sent 8 requests for rental and have gotten 2 replies. Both say they're booked but they appear available. The others don't bother responding so I appreciate that you take the time to answer your requests.

If u r interested in a few weeks in october or may 2015 we have openings.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow8IA View Post

Try Vacation Rentals By Owner dot com. Can't put in a link. use the first letter of the 4 words. With this site you can plug in dates specific to your needs.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.