Possibly the worst VLS home close experience? need advice....

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2022, 09:43 AM

So I didn’t even read through all the comments but everybody’s telling you the same thing why in the world did you sign. Did you not do a complete walk-through you always walk-through the last second before you buy a house have it be a new house or an old house. I had bought new and used through The Villages and never had an issue. There are lots of good agents that work for The Villages and there are lots of bad agents who don’t care about their clients and work for The Villages. And I assume your agent wasn’t communicating with you from the beginning or if he stopped at the very end either way it should’ve been a red flag and you should not have signed off without a last inspection. you signed in paid it’s now all on you
Old 11-12-2022, 10:02 AM

Since you legally own the home, call a locksmith to change locks.
Old 11-12-2022, 10:14 AM
Thumbs up Publicize their names

Hi,

If I were you, I would have publicize every body’s names, specially the seller agent. Please fire lit under every one. Make them to apologize for dropping their balls, at your cost. Hopefully By publicizing agents names, this situation would not happen to next buyer like you.

For the best, God may bless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFwUs View Post
I'm am more than a bit displeased and not sure how to proceed.
Brief background:
We are current 1yr residents of the Villages, on a LT lease on the farthest south end's new construction for the sake of finding what/where we wanted to be.
Found a VLS home in the north end that checked most of the boxes and proceeded with purchase at the beginning of Sept.
Seller bumped the close out to 60 days after accepting our offer, citing they "needed more time" we agreed w/out complaint, even though the slipped in extension was not appreciated.
In fact, needs to be noted, we went with the flow at every step. Not a single complaint voiced, not a single thing asked from anyone.

Literally everything got pushed back to the very last minute, as in the last 2 weeks. No time cushion at all.
VLS "assistant" would constantly pipe us totally wrong info, then take a week to reply, if at all when we asked for clarification. we just rolled with the bs.
Home was literally just cleared of belongings this past weekend (or 56 days post offer acceptance) Some repairs were done very sloppy/shoddy and other things to have been repaired (badly leaking outside spigot being 1) still not done at all.
We were also told home would be "thoughly cleaned to VLS standards" by start of this week! Anyway,

Today was closing day.

Closing time was pushed back 2hrs due to weather. No biggy. Understood.
Closing location was then changed 1 hr before new closing time.
We were not told any of this BTW, had to find it all out on our own. Still trying to go with the flow and adjust accordingly, but the no preemptive contact from anyone starting to not sit well.

No one shows up at the now revised closing time & location, except the title clerk and us, despite being told repeatedly, they'd all be there and everyone knew the new time/location.
The weather was not an issue by then, we drove it, the title clerk made it from outside the villages, bank staff was there no issue, in fact it had stopped raining hours earlier.
Title clerk just wanted to go home, but least she showed.
Kudos for that.
Sales office where we were to get our new gate cards & rez IDs post closing (original closing location), would not let us in, even though there were people inside and we were told we were "excepted". It was 2 hrs before their posted close time. Grrrr.

So, I sit here, end of the "big day" we waited 2 months for.....,
I have No KEYS, garage remotes, etc to our new house.
(because neither agent showed at close)
The house has not been cleaned out, as promised.
House still has belonging in it we ask to have removed.
Some repairs not done.
*Inside was trashed during the move out (nails and screws from wall decorations being pulled out, littered every floor, literally hundreds of holes & scratches in the walls, dirt, clumps of pet hair & debris everywhere, including a small amount of junk we asked to have removed during the walk thru last monday..none of it has been corrected or remedied.

Our agent txt says "another week" to get a cleaning crew over, but I was told "I have to arrange" that thru the sellers agent - whose name & contact we were never provided, despite our asking.

I don't know when we are to get keys, etc. Have to now drive back down to get ID cards in addition to all this.
Not a single congrats or made to feel welcome at all by anyone, just a big fat nothing at almost every turn....SMH.

I'm not sure where to go from here?
Do I escalate these issues to a higher level and if so, whom?
Certainly this is not how it is..is it?
Advice appreciated. thnx.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:27 AM

I agree, why did you go ahead with the purchase?
You had plenty of reasons and time to back out of the deal.
Old 11-12-2022, 11:56 AM
Default Bad VLS Closing Experience - Call Mike Berning 352-516-2610

Call Mike Berning - 352-516-2610

Quote:
Brief background:
We are current 1yr residents of the Villages, on a LT lease on the farthest south end's new construction for the sake of finding what/where we wanted to be.
Found a VLS home in the north end that checked most of the boxes and proceeded with purchase at the beginning of Sept.
Seller bumped the close out to 60 days after accepting our offer, citing they "needed more time" we agreed w/out complaint, even though the slipped in extension was not appreciated.
In fact, needs to be noted, we went with the flow at every step. Not a single complaint voiced, not a single thing asked from anyone.

Literally everything got pushed back to the very last minute, as in the last 2 weeks. No time cushion at all.
VLS "assistant" would constantly pipe us totally wrong info, then take a week to reply, if at all when we asked for clarification. we just rolled with the bs.
Home was literally just cleared of belongings this past weekend (or 56 days post offer acceptance) Some repairs were done very sloppy/shoddy and other things to have been repaired (badly leaking outside spigot being 1) still not done at all.
We were also told home would be "thoughly cleaned to VLS standards" by start of this week! Anyway,

Today was closing day.

We were not told any of this BTW, had to find it all out on our own. Still trying to go with the flow and adjust accordingly, but the no preemptive contact from anyone starting to not sit well.

No one shows up at the now revised closing time & location, except the title clerk and us, despite being told repeatedly, they'd all be there and everyone knew the new time/location.
The weather was not an issue by then, we drove it, the title clerk made it from outside the villages, bank staff was there no issue, in fact it had stopped raining hours earlier.
Kudos for that.
Sales office where we were to get our new gate cards & rez IDs post closing (original closing location), would not let us in, even though there were people inside and we were told we were "excepted". It was 2 hrs before their posted close time. Grrrr.

Some repairs not done.
*Inside was trashed during the move out (nails and screws from wall decorations being pulled out, littered every floor, literally hundreds of holes & scratches in the walls, dirt, clumps of pet hair & debris everywhere, including a small amount of junk we asked to have removed during the walk thru last monday..none of it has been corrected or remedied.

Our agent txt says "another week" to get a cleaning crew over, but I was told "I have to arrange" that thru the sellers agent - whose name & contact we were never provided, despite our asking.

I don't know when we are to get keys, etc. Have to now drive back down to get ID cards in addition to all this.
Not a single congrats or made to feel welcome at all by anyone, just a big fat nothing at almost every turn....SMH.

Old 11-12-2022, 02:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Story didnt change, I worded things poorly or at least less detailed than I should have perhaps...

Original closing was to take place at LSL sales office 2pm, where we were to have met all parties, sign docs, get keys, get cards, etc. This was agreed on days prior.
Easy peazy.

That plan was changed last minute to a met at the Citizens First Bank next door 4pm. The bank was clearly open and appeared to be operating normally as was most of LSL. That's the "bank people" I was referring to previously. It was they who then directed us upstairs to meet with the title clerk who also showed up.
Other people, most importantly was our acting "agent" and the sellers agent where supposed to be there as well. The sellers agent had all keys, neither of which felt it was important enough to arrive as stated they would!
Sorry if that one aspect of the greater story was unclear.

BTW - We were able to obtain the keys this evening.
Our acting "agent" readily admitted "several people totally dropped the ball on our transaction/close" and none of it at all, could be justified.
Thanks for the additional info. I know when I am upset and posting things my mind is a lot faster than I can type. Glad you got the keys and hope it all works out moving forward. It shouldn’t amaze me but the fact that the agents were not there is just not right.
Old 11-12-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
have you ever purchased a home before? Sorry for all that but really. How and why did you sign papers when the other side was not there? Something doesn't make sense.
Today's closings don't have both parties at the table. We were surprised when we sold ours in Oklahoma and bought here. However these people were kind and got abused by everyone including their realtor. Shame on those that failed these people.
Old 11-12-2022, 03:41 PM

My best advice. Get a Lawyer!!!
Old 11-12-2022, 03:47 PM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi

Thanks for your transparency.
Old 11-12-2022, 03:54 PM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

Never close on a home unless all contingency's have been met. I am sorry you had to go through that. Real estate is done real different here...
Old 11-12-2022, 03:55 PM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

No buyers agency here.
Old 11-12-2022, 05:06 PM
Default Agent is responsible and Liable

Quote:
Brief background:

We were also told home would be "thoughly cleaned to VLS standards" by start of

Today was closing day.

Kudos for that.

Some repairs not done.

I would talk to the Agents boss, seek a reduction in commission or compensation or do us all a service and name the agent so we can avoid him or her. My villages agent was outstanding and above and beyond in getting thing coordinated and done
Old 11-12-2022, 08:27 PM
Default I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephjmarchese View Post
I would talk to the Agents boss, seek a reduction in commission or compensation or do us all a service and name the agent so we can avoid him or her. My villages agent was outstanding and above and beyond in getting thing coordinated and done
It is well time to close this thing. About got it covered.
Old 11-12-2022, 10:19 PM

Hmm !!

I've always been told "you cannot close when any named storm is in Florida airspace" Due to home owner insurance rules. No insurance can be bound when this named storm is still over any part of Florida.
Old 11-12-2022, 10:22 PM

16 years ago we had the misfortune of not having a lawyer. Seller had buildings on property that never were permitted. Time had passed and structure not longer met current wind codes.
Closed Thread

Tags
closing, home, time, told, vls

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.