Properties of the Villages - failure to market?

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2022, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

Or the flip side owner may have wanted an astronomical price , why spend money foolishly to sell it.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 967 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwood4d View Post
Don't be a tool, fool. I love it here, doesn't mean we shouldn't ask questions - ffs
But, why not ask your questions to those that know the answer? Give POTV a call.
Old 01-31-2022, 10:29 AM
Default We sold with an outside agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwood4d View Post
There is a home in our neighborhood that has had a Properties of the Villages for sale sign on it for 4 weeks now. Being curious we looked for it on line when it was "listed" (when the sign went up). This seems to me to be a failure to properly market the property and I'm curious how common this is. I'm certain that my $20,000 + commission should afford *SOME* marketing within the first month. Pretty sure I'll never list with these guys if we decide to sell...JMHO
We sold about a year ago and choose an outside agent. We had friends that listed with TV and their house sat on the market for 3 months. Finally the agent told them that TV offered bonuses on selling new inventory. That’s a problem!
Old 01-31-2022, 10:51 AM

Sell your home by yourself.
Old 01-31-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclairela View Post
Sell your home by yourself.
Exactly….boggles my mind why more people don’t consider this (extremely easy) option. Paying $20,000 plus for “someone” to shuffle the paperwork is a nice savings.
Old 01-31-2022, 11:49 AM

Houses, right now, are selling within days of being listed. The FOR SALE remains until closing because it brings inquiries to the broker who can 'capture' them as a customer and redirect them to other properties.

We bought our home in April of 2021'. It has gone up 30% in value since then due to people just wanting to retire now. A buyer has to be preemptive to get anything. It will be a year or two at least before the days of just driving around and picking out a house on the block are back.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:14 PM

In the not too distant past. before the RE market went crazy, the Villages sales people were more interested in selling new homes rather than previously owned homes. So people who were selling their homes didn't get much attention as the sales people's efforts were directed elsewhere. Maybe it's still that way ???
Old 01-31-2022, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,591 Times in 1,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by damille View Post
In the not too distant past. before the RE market went crazy, the Villages sales people were more interested in selling new homes rather than previously owned homes. So people who were selling their homes didn't get much attention as the sales people's efforts were directed elsewhere. Maybe it's still that way ???
Both of our homes sold in 3 days by properties of TV. A sale is a sale, who would not try to sell any house if there was a potential buyer
Old 01-31-2022, 07:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,232 Times in 5,428 Posts

Quote:
Two years ago when we moved here our salesman was very much focused on selling us a resale.

For awhile we considered buying a larger house and that sales rep also gave us good attention.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,591 Times in 1,333 Posts

Address OP listed for this home is not on site at the present time. Could be many reasons, repair needs to be done, owner has put it on hold……

So OP concerns about how long on the market is a mystery. Not a home we are interested in so didn’t bother our agent to check it out.

Home we are looking at tomorrow has been up for sale for 3 months, at inspection roof had issues, buyer backed out. New roof installed, so here’s hoping

Last edited by asianthree; 01-31-2022 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,934 Times in 925 Posts

property in question is under contract through zillow? does selling through Zillow like selling with TV, no MLS reciprocity?

1254 Piney Woods Path, The Villages, FL 32163 | MLS #G5050412 | Zillow

just curious, or maybe i am an idiot not able to follow the thread . . .
Old 01-31-2022, 07:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
property in question is under contract through zillow? does selling through Zillow like selling with TV, no MLS reciprocity?

1254 Piney Woods Path, The Villages, FL 32163 | MLS #G5050412 | Zillow

just curious, or maybe i am an idiot not able to follow the thread . . .
1211 not 1254
Old 01-31-2022, 08:06 PM

I follow homes that are for sale on the villages website. What I have found is that when homes go on the market there is a time lag between the listing date and when they put them on line. From looking what I have found is first the sign goes in the window and the agents bring people from other agents in their office. So if you have been looking and are with a Villages agent they will show you homes that may not yet be on the website. In our neighborhood many homeowners get offers within a week of the sign going in their window before the property ever goes on The Villages website.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,939 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Both of our homes sold in 3 days by properties of TV. A sale is a sale, who would not try to sell any house if there was a potential buyer
I'm curious to know when those homes sold.

We bought a designer in Tamarind Grove in late 2011. We had asked the agent to also show us resales, but he showed us a couple he/we knew we wouldn't like. We ended up with new.

Right after they opened Fenney, we decided to downsize because of a new purchase overseas making us snowbirds. We listed with the TV agent we had used to buy. I was leery because of his reluctance to show us resales initially, but he gave us a good sales pitch on resales.
We signed the listing. The house never hit the market and was sold in less than 24 hours for mucho over the asking price. More than one offer over asking.

I think we were in the right place at the right time. Fenney was brand new, with no bridges or town square, so the agents were pushing resales, and people wanted to be in the thick of things.. I believe that has changed now.
So perhaps it makes a difference where you are and when you want to sell. Everyone's situation is different, and anecdotal doesn't count for much IMO.
Old 01-31-2022, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,341 Times in 4,337 Posts

Quote:
2+ years ago, when we first visited, we met with a realtor who showed us both re-sales N of 44 and new construction S of 44...

When we returned, a year later, we began looking in earnest. On one of our outings, she took us down to several of the southern villages so we could see all of the models, and when we told he we wanted to concentrate on S of 466A and N of 44, the southern villages were never mentioned again...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
properties, curious, sign, failure, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.