The Villages Realtors vs Multiple Listing Realtors

Old 04-22-2024, 05:14 PM
Default the big lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Correct. But, according to the NAR, you should hire a Realtor because they are better than a non-Realtor.
NAR is currently facing billions in fines to be spread among their fine agents. Except, sine they fixed rates to make sure there's no competition, they will likely be paying people who used "realtors" in the past few decades.

So, no, there's nothing better about a realtor.
Old 04-22-2024, 09:12 PM
Default Really, do have any data to back that up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Properties of The Villages focuses on new construction. Pre-owned is secondary. They have fewer listings, but they tend to close them more quickly on average than MLS companies.

There are more MLS listings than there are VLS listings, but they tend to take longer to sell and often have price reductions before they go into pending status.

Totally anecdotal, but I've seen two homes in my area that were initially listed with MLS, that remained unsold for many months. Both of them eventually switched to VLS, and the properties sold after only a couple-three months once Properties of The Villages re-listed under their own company.
I know a number of villages homes that were listed over comp price and not sold by the
the Villages. MLS listed them at fair market value and sold them. The villages is happy to list your house higher than the comps. It allows them to compare the house to a New Villages property. they guide the buyers to new homes.
Old 04-22-2024, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,542 Times in 3,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkruege1 View Post
I know a number of villages homes that were listed over comp price and not sold by the
the Villages. MLS listed them at fair market value and sold them. The villages is happy to list your house higher than the comps. It allows them to compare the house to a New Villages property. they guide the buyers to new homes.
That wasn't my experience, when we bought our pre-owned home in the "Historic Section." We used a Property of The Villages sales agent to help us find a home, he helped us find it, helped us negotiate and get an inspector, got a handyman to do a couple of very minor (but important) repairs before we moved in, helped us with finding a lawn guy, internet setup, utilities, all the things we didn't know how to do while we were still stuck up in Connecticut. And then, he attended the closing with us. All this - even though he wasn't representing the seller, and it was a pre-owned home.

The seller had a different sales rep helping them sell their property, but theirs was through Properties of The Villages as well.

These sales agents are very good at what they do, because they specialize in this community. They don't sell properties outside The Villages at all. So it's in their best interest to help the seller sell, and the buyer buy. If a buyer says they don't want a new home, then they won't be shown new homes.
Old 04-22-2024, 09:39 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,640 Times in 1,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
That wasn't my experience, when we bought our pre-owned home in the "Historic Section." We used a Property of The Villages sales agent to help us find a home, he helped us find it, helped us negotiate and get an inspector, got a handyman to do a couple of very minor (but important) repairs before we moved in, helped us with finding a lawn guy, internet setup, utilities, all the things we didn't know how to do while we were still stuck up in Connecticut. And then, he attended the closing with us. All this - even though he wasn't representing the seller, and it was a pre-owned home.

The seller had a different sales rep helping them sell their property, but theirs was through Properties of The Villages as well.

These sales agents are very good at what they do, because they specialize in this community. They don't sell properties outside The Villages at all. So it's in their best interest to help the seller sell, and the buyer buy. If a buyer says they don't want a new home, then they won't be shown new homes.
My initial Villages sales rep evaded showing me even one resale house after multiple requests but steered me to new spec homes.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,120 Times in 5,364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
My initial Villages sales rep evaded showing me even one resale house after multiple requests but steered me to new spec homes.
that is when you know if you have a keeper as an agent. Either they listen to you or help them to go away

Tags
realtors, villages, houses, sold, listing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.