The Villages Realtors vs Multiple Listing Realtors

Old 04-21-2024, 11:57 AM
Default The Villages Realtors vs Multiple Listing Realtors

Which group of realtors are most successful selling pre-owned houses in The Villages in terms of number of houses sold, Properties of The Villages or Multiple Listing realtors? 1Q, 2024 stats were published by The Villages: 580 Houses closed, 717 Pending. How determine how many were sold by realtors not working for The Villages?
Old 04-21-2024, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,778 Times in 5,276 Posts

Terminology. There are no Realtors working for Properties of the Villages. The Properties of the Villages is not a member of National Association of Realtors (NAR), so their agents are licensed real estate agents, but not Realtors.
Old 04-21-2024, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinka View Post
Which group of realtors are most successful selling pre-owned houses in The Villages in terms of number of houses sold, Properties of The Villages or Multiple Listing realtors? 1Q, 2024 stats were published by The Villages: 580 Houses closed, 717 Pending. How determine how many were sold by realtors not working for The Villages?
Contact the local realtors association, they’ll have the MLS info
Old 04-21-2024, 02:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,676 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Terminology. There are no Realtors working for Properties of the Villages. The Properties of the Villages is not a member of National Association of Realtors (NAR), so their agents are licensed real estate agents, but not Realtors.
According to the original post, that didn't matter to 1500+ homeowners.
Old 04-21-2024, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,551 Times in 3,121 Posts

Quote:
Properties of The Villages focuses on new construction. Pre-owned is secondary. They have fewer listings, but they tend to close them more quickly on average than MLS companies.

There are more MLS listings than there are VLS listings, but they tend to take longer to sell and often have price reductions before they go into pending status.

Totally anecdotal, but I've seen two homes in my area that were initially listed with MLS, that remained unsold for many months. Both of them eventually switched to VLS, and the properties sold after only a couple-three months once Properties of The Villages re-listed under their own company.
Old 04-21-2024, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Properties of The Villages focuses on new construction. Pre-owned is secondary. They have fewer listings, but they tend to close them more quickly on average than MLS companies.

There are more MLS listings than there are VLS listings, but they tend to take longer to sell and often have price reductions before they go into pending status.

Totally anecdotal, but I've seen two homes in my area that were initially listed with MLS, that remained unsold for many months. Both of them eventually switched to VLS, and the properties sold after only a couple-three months once Properties of The Villages re-listed under their own company.
I just counted 575 preowned listing on VLS. That is not less than MLS.

A ‘couple-three months’ isn’t also many months? VLS pre-owned listings also often have price reductions. It’s just more difficult to tell. Only if you are watching houses for a period of time do you notice one day that the price is lower than it was the day before.

I have been watching both sides pretty closely for a few months as I am house hunting. There is actually a lot of parity with the number of pre-owned listings for MLS and VLS so far this year. Indeed I would say VLS has more right now than MLS. And there are many that have been on VLS for 3+ months. Basically any VLS number around 241500 or lower.
Old 04-21-2024, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,778 Times in 5,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
According to the original post, that didn't matter to 1500+ homeowners.
Correct. But, according to the NAR, you should hire a Realtor because they are better than a non-Realtor.
Old 04-21-2024, 09:25 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,640 Times in 1,768 Posts

Based on my experience the Villages real estate agents push new builds as they appear to be incentivized to do so.
An MLS Realtor can function as a Buyer's Agent. I do not know if that is possible with a VLS agent. I have heard more than one war story where a property listed with VLS withered on the vine and when finally listed with MLS sold within a reasonable time.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-22-2024, 12:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Correct. But, according to the NAR, you should hire a Realtor because they are better than a non-Realtor.
One would expect the National Association of REALTORS to say that
Old 04-22-2024, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

OP,

I agree with the first paragraph and that is your best answer. BUT if you are South of 44, MLS homes sell faster. I had a great house and I sold it harder than the agent. There are additional rules VLS agents follow (no signs) that MLS agents don't follow. I didn't care about rules - I wanted to sell my house before my designed home was finished. I probably took 2 months longer and $30,000 less because I went with the VLS. As you see by Orange's handle he is up North and sellers are not competing with 5,000 new homes - all cheaper as people want to recoup aftermarkets things they added.

Garden City, Long Island, NY
West Islip, Long Island, NY
Village of Citrus Grove (2021)
Village of Newell (2023)
Old 04-22-2024, 05:57 AM
Default My laugh of the morning

Quote:
That’s hilarious..
Old 04-22-2024, 06:12 AM

Quote:
In this market neither the MLS or TV wins. Too much inventory and high mortgage rates stiffle sales.
Old 04-22-2024, 06:13 AM

I can only speak to my own experience. I sold a pre owned home and listed with a villages realtor. BIG mistake for me!!! They brought people in for the first month and discovered they used my house to push selling their NEW build! They don’t need to follow the same rules as an MLS realtor. I had a huge war on my hand and much stress. I would never use them unless you want a new build. Also, if you list with them, they will not show your home to an mls realtor! Mine was a nightmare.
Old 04-22-2024, 06:41 AM

The village real estate agents are not Realtors!
Old 04-22-2024, 06:44 AM

The Villages real estate agents are not Realtors ! The Villages real estate agents do not cooperate with outside Realtors.

Tags
realtors, villages, houses, sold, listing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.