The Villages Realtors vs Multiple Listing Realtors

Old 04-22-2024, 07:00 AM

"Realtor" is a trademark used only by the National Association of Realtors (NAR).

Old 04-22-2024, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinka View Post
Which group of realtors are most successful selling pre-owned houses in The Villages in terms of number of houses sold, Properties of The Villages or Multiple Listing realtors? 1Q, 2024 stats were published by The Villages: 580 Houses closed, 717 Pending. How determine how many were sold by realtors not working for The Villages?
I have only been watching the market for the last 4 years or so, but have been a part of 4 home purchases in that time. Seems to me it's a 50/50 split, which you would expect in a competitive market. I would say that the VLS people do navigate the intricacies of this market better.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:22 AM

I've bought from both. MLS realtors told me more about the house. VLS people stand around. One VLS realtor didn't even know the house was a short sale. I did. However many buyers seem to believe the VLS sales people know more.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:22 AM

If you want to know how the MLS sales in TV are doing. This guy does a weekly show that he breaks down sales in TV via the MLS. Lots of slicing and dicing of the sales numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKlTnfAuZFs

Old 04-22-2024, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,155 Times in 5,382 Posts

If buying a new house would use both.

Old 04-22-2024, 08:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandres View Post
"Realtor" is a trademark used only by the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
and we call all brands of Tissue "Kleenex" even though "Kleenex" is a trademark of Kimberly-Clark. Of course Kleenex has not lost a recent court case for price fixing either like the NAR just did. Not sure what this has to do with the OPs post.

To answer the OP, I will have a house to sell in 2027, and I am highly torn. I bought a new house in 2014 from VLS after looking at existing homes with MLS AND VLS. My experience was that the VLS agent did not push either and showed me everything I wanted. He even pointed out the upgrades in the existing homes. I bought my second (rental) FSBO. They look like they both sell about the same number. I think the location and the price are the main things no matter who you use. I always wonder how many people do a lifestyle visit and never talk to an MLS agent.......
Ed
Snow Flake until I retire

Old 04-22-2024, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,956 Times in 1,117 Posts

A little off topic ,but a story in Boston Globe today a realtor has sold 3 parking spaces in a garage on Beacon Hill for $500,000 , yeas ago when they opened prices started around $10,000 now it’s $ 500, 000 and there’s a long waiting list fo r a space to come open . All over city spaces going for $250,000 and higher people feel I’d your spending a couple of million on a condo why not .. This is why never take a car home to move around in a walkable city

Old 04-22-2024, 09:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,813 Times in 5,293 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
and we call all brands of Tissue "Kleenex" even though "Kleenex" is a trademark of Kimberly-Clark. Of course Kleenex has not lost a recent court case for price fixing either like the NAR just did. Not sure what this has to do with the OPs post.

To answer the OP, I will have a house to sell in 2027, and I am highly torn. I bought a new house in 2014 from VLS after looking at existing homes with MLS AND VLS. My experience was that the VLS agent did not push either and showed me everything I wanted. He even pointed out the upgrades in the existing homes. I bought my second (rental) FSBO. They look like they both sell about the same number. I think the location and the price are the main things no matter who you use. I always wonder how many people do a lifestyle visit and never talk to an MLS agent.......
Ed
The term Realtor is not just a trademark, like Kleenex. The NAR claims that Realtors are better at selling houses than non-Realtor agents.

Old 04-22-2024, 09:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Correct. But, according to the NAR, you should hire a Realtor because they are better than a non-Realtor.
Oh the irony…..
Benefits of Joining NAR and Becoming a REALTOR®
Industry recognition: The title of REALTOR® is regarded with considerable prestige because of the strict code of ethics that NAR members agree to abide by. Clients may be more inclined to trust someone who has taken steps to adhere to this code of ethics.

The NAR settled all of their lawsuits for $418 million……….. for lack of ethics….
The real estate industry has long been plagued by 1,000's & 1,000's & 1,000's of low to no skill part time agents who do a handful of deals per year.

But hey, if they pay their NAR dues, they’re the BEST!! It’s so funny because they take the exact same classes and tests but they don’t pay a fee to join NAR so they’re subpar.

Old 04-22-2024, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
If buying a new house would use both.
If buying new, you’d have to use TV agent. MLS can’t sell new homes in TV

Old 04-22-2024, 09:10 AM

I have had a home listed with VLS for nearly six months and am trying to decide if I want to continue with them or find a MLS agent. Interesting and timely discussion.

Old 04-22-2024, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,310 Times in 4,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The term Realtor is not just a trademark, like Kleenex. The NAR claims that Realtors are better at selling houses than non-Realtor agents.
You DO realize that NAR stands for the "National Association of Realtors", don't you?

What else would you expect them to claim? That they're worse than the VLS agents?

-Tom Petty

Old 04-22-2024, 10:37 AM

When we were looking at homes to buy we had one of each. Sellers are the one who list with either MLS or TV agents. If you don’t use one of each, you may miss out on your perfect home.

Old 04-22-2024, 02:52 PM

Both.

Old 04-22-2024, 03:15 PM

If it's any help for you, we just sold a house and we used the Villages. First open house on a Sunday, contract on Monday. I don't know if it was just our house or location, but the Pope group didn't give us a feeling of new house verse used.

Tags
realtors, villages, houses, sold, listing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.