Cuisine of India

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Sage
Default Cuisine of India

would like to highly recommend a lovely Indian restaurant on 200 in ocala, the Amrit Palace...it is on the left shortly after getting off 75 from the villages, going toward the college and paddock mall....family run, excellent food, authentic atmosphere...a nice change when you are in ocala or worth the drive in any case...352-873-8500.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
would like to highly recommend a lovely Indian restaurant on 200 in ocala, the Amrit Palace...it is on the left shortly after getting off 75 from the villages, going toward the college and paddock mall....family run, excellent food, authentic atmosphere...a nice change when you are in ocala or worth the drive in any case...352-873-8500.
Have you tried the Indian restaurant in Spanish Springs? If so, how does it compare with the one in Ocala? We have been to the one in SS but are not "blown away" by it.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
We have been to the one in SS but are not "blown away" by it.
Neither were we ... we felt Urban Curry was overpriced and the fare just average, especially the naan ...
Old 06-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Veteran member

We've tried the one near SS and were also not impressed. We really enjoy the lunch buffet at Tandoor in the Leesberg mall. How does Amrit compare to that?
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Veteran member

The Tandoor in Lessburg is often hit and miss. When it's on, it's delicious, but when it's off, it's just OK. Has never been bad.
Amrtiz Palace is overpriced but the food is good. Urban Curry is overpriced and the food is mediocre at best. I had vindaloo that I requested Hot (can vindaloo be anything else) and felt that is still needed spices.
Also on Route 200 in Ocala is another Indian place, The Bay Leaf. It's in a small strip mall across from the Paddock Mall. They have, by far, the best Indian food in the area. I highly recommend it.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
The Tandoor in Lessburg is often hit and miss. When it's on, it's delicious, but when it's off, it's just OK. Has never been bad.
Amrtiz Palace is overpriced but the food is good. Urban Curry is overpriced and the food is mediocre at best. I had vindaloo that I requested Hot (can vindaloo be anything else) and felt that is still needed spices.
Also on Route 200 in Ocala is another Indian place, The Bay Leaf. It's in a small strip mall across from the Paddock Mall. They have, by far, the best Indian food in the area. I highly recommend it.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
We've tried the one near SS and were also not impressed. We really enjoy the lunch buffet at Tandoor in the Leesberg mall. How does Amrit compare to that?
We went to have lunch at Tandoor today. They are closed. As in totally empty, permanently closed. So sad.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Gold member

Sorry to hear that Tandoor has permanently closed it's doors. I remember the disappointment I experienced when Babu closed his restaurant thanks, in no short order, to Jerry Seinfeld:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4_TeT4XhlY[/ame]
Old 09-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Sage
Default babu, babu!

tkret has a cold and has too much time on his hands....to get back to the original subject, Amrit Palace has DELICIOUS food...try it!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
tkret has a cold and has too much time on his hands....
Thank you, chachacha, for you emails and good thoughts for my recovery soon. However, a plate of that delicious meatballs and Franco-American, for which you are famous, would be appreciated. I should state that my taste buds have not yet returned.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.