2 drinks with specials

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2020, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

The 2 drink minimum means one for you and one for the other person.. At least at Lopez. Hardly a deal breaker.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:23 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Can't help but think of my ancestors from northern Ireland who came to America in 1748 and moved to Carlisle Pa which was the edge of the frontier. They then tried to settle in the mountains of PA. Wonder if they were very selective of which restaurant they ate at as they crossed the mountain ridges. Booths with covers to stop the arrows, hygiene of the cooks and servers? Or was food whatever, where ever it was found. Would we ever have been able to habitat this country with our current views.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Can't help but think of my ancestors from northern Ireland who came to America in 1748 and moved to Carlisle Pa which was the edge of the frontier. They then tried to settle in the mountains of PA. Wonder if they were very selective of which restaurant they ate at as they crossed the mountain ridges. Booths with covers to stop the arrows, hygiene of the cooks and servers? Or was food whatever, where ever it was found. Would we ever have been able to habitat this country with our current views.
Do not think you would find many overweight people with diabetes back than either.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this is hurting their businesses. We still are not comfortable going to local restaurants, but would be doing more business with local restaurants if they had curbside and I didn't need to purchase 2 drinks to get specials.
If they are making more money this way and it keeps them in business, I applaud them.
Do not want any business have to close because they are not making any money.
Just my opinion, being a previous business owner, I would not discourage ANY business I could get.
What restaurant is doing this?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
What restaurant is doing this?
The FMK group which is Evans Prairie, Bonifay, Belle Glade and Orange Blossom.
Closed Thread

Tags
business, making, money, drinks, restaurants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.