$23.00 to add piece of salmon to Caesar salad at the Lighthouse Point Bar & Grill

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2023, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
The Lighthouse location would be a great place for a casual seafood restaurant.
It would be, when people start telling us again it is worth a visit we will come back. For what we paid last time did not appreciate cheap plastic utensils that kept breaking.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Agree ! For those out there with some background in human psychology and personality; it's sometimes interesting to ponder comments at a deeper than surface level. Not trying to get too "Freudian", but according to statistics this is a community with a higher than average educational level, so most have probably at least had one psychology course post high school. Why DO (some) people have to have the "last word" ? Why DO (some) people refute the experiences of others, but give no foundational evidence ? Why do people feel compelled to give advice NOT asked for and/or do all they can to insist others do as they have done ? (LEAVE your "stuff" where you are, buy all NEW "STUFF" here.... obviously that made one person very happy, another might experience deep regret). The point of this is there are much better ways to express one's self. One of the best is to is to "share" a thought or opinion, NOT issue a written directive in a manner to (as you said) belittle others. For extreme examples of this type of personal insecurity, there is an on line "news paper" that posts every negative they can find concerning the villages (not so much about other retirement communities, but some). Reading the "comments" following the "articles" is most enlightening, and illustrates the EXTREME need some have to "trash" others in an attempt to feel better about their own life, choice of location, career, etc. Calling an entire population of ANY retirement community, or town, or traditional development such things as "idiots", "entitled trash", "drunks", etc. only illustrates the internal issues of the writer ! To a lesser degree, some posters on totv's are going to display the same characteristics, elevating themselves (in their own minds) not by the wisdom of their thoughts, but by diminishing others. When people begin comments with "YOU"..... that can be a red flag. When people post comments with ... I or We... and then relate their experience, it is a more civil exchange of ideas ! "YOU should cook at home then", or "YOU should move as soon as possible" say a lot about the poster. Writing "We have found buying quality ingredients and preparing fine dining experiences at home has given us a whole new hobby" is a far better way to express the same thought then beginning with YOU should do this or that. Rather than "just move, get out", could post: "If I really was as unhappy as you relate about circumstances here, I think I would begin to explore other locations and communities, no use spending your last years in unhappiness". So, just some examples of how people "could" write when they make posts, and be less abrasive, insulting, and self-righteous.... IMHO, which may be useless !
one of the best posts I have ever read on TOTV. Thanks
Old 05-11-2023, 07:57 PM

salad and $23 for add-on salmon = $35.. . Asked for mgr and she said that's how much a salmon add on is and it's fresh. Told her I eat a lot of salads and usually $7-9 for add on. She WOULDN"T budge. Told her I can buy 1lb of Atlantic salmon for $8.99/lb at Fresh Market.
I did ask ahead of time for the price and had I understood the add on was $23 extra and not the TOTAL cost, I would have passed on it.
BYE-BYE Lighthouse and my 2 visits a month.[/QUOTE]
Old 05-11-2023, 07:58 PM

If this happens to you again just refuse to pay for it. Simple
Old 05-12-2023, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrento19 View Post
If it happens to them again, they already know what the answer will be. And by going there again, they accept that they'll be charged $23 for the salmon again. If they refuse to pay, then they're buy food and refusing to pay for it. That's called theft. They can be arrested for it.
Old 05-12-2023, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrento19 View Post
Then management detains you until the police arrive----simple.
Closed Thread

Tags
salmon, add, salad, $23, lighthouse

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.