$23.00 to add piece of salmon to Caesar salad at the Lighthouse Point Bar & Grill

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2023, 01:17 PM
Default $23.00 to add piece of salmon to Caesar salad at the Lighthouse Point Bar & Grill

Lighthouse menu has a Salmon berry salad for $28. I didn't want some of the items in it. Asked waiter how much would a $12 Grilled Caesar salad be to add a piece of salmon. She came back and said $23. I thought that $11 for a piece of salmon was high, but what the heck.
Check came and it was $12 for salad and $23 for add-on salmon = $35.. . Asked for mgr and she said that's how much a salmon add on is and it's fresh. Told her I eat a lot of salads and usually $7-9 for add on. She WOULDN"T budge. Told her I can buy 1lb of Atlantic salmon for $8.99/lb at Fresh Market.
I did ask ahead of time for the price and had I understood the add on was $23 extra and not the TOTAL cost, I would have passed on it.
BYE-BYE Lighthouse and my 2 visits a month.
Old 05-07-2023, 01:39 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

Could have had a complete salmon dinner for $26.

$23 seems steep.
Old 05-07-2023, 02:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieH View Post
Lighthouse menu has a Salmon berry salad for $28. I didn't want some of the items in it. Asked waiter how much would a $12 Grilled Caesar salad be to add a piece of salmon. She came back and said $23. I thought that $11 for a piece of salmon was high, but what the heck.
Check came and it was $12 for salad and $23 for add-on salmon = $35.. . Asked for mgr and she said that's how much a salmon add on is and it's fresh. Told her I eat a lot of salads and usually $7-9 for add on. She WOULDN"T budge. Told her I can buy 1lb of Atlantic salmon for $8.99/lb at Fresh Market.
I did ask ahead of time for the price and had I understood the add on was $23 extra and not the TOTAL cost, I would have passed on it.
Um, Atlantic salmon? Farm raised? Oh, nonononono.
And, "fresh"? Most likely "fresh frozen".

Last edited by fdpaq0580; 05-07-2023 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-07-2023, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Could have had a complete salmon dinner for $26.

$23 seems steep.
Can you say, "rip off"? Outrageous! imho.
Old 05-07-2023, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
If only you hadn't added the "I can buy this for less at the store" your complaint would be mostly valid.

You invalidated the complaint with that single statement though.

To explain - since I realize logic is not everyone's forte:

You can buy ALL of your food cheaper at a supermarket, and prepare it yourself from scratch. However, you won't have the experience of being served, having someone else do the dishes, someone else doing the cooking, the cleaning, paying for the electricity needed to run the oven and dishwasher, the experience of "dining out," preventing all those fish skins you can't put in the garbage disposer stinking up your house until trash day, etc. etc. etc.

A valid argument might be "I can make BETTER for less, and so I shall." That's my argument for shrimp scampi, everywhere I go. No one makes it as good as I make it. I'm always disappointed, and so I just stopped ordering it entirely. When I want shrimp scampi, I make it.

If you know you can get something for less somewhere else, and that is your argument for complaining about the price of something, then - get it for less somewhere else. Or just accept that at THIS place, there's an add-on price of $23 for salmon. Lighthouse is not an inexpensive middle-quality chain restaurant.

You would've been better off not trying to do things "cheap" and instead selected the bourbon salmon dinner, with a caesar salad add-on. That would've been only $32 and would've included vegetables and rice.

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 05-07-2023 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2023, 03:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,382 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Um, Atlantic salmon? Farm raised? Oh, nonononono.
And, "fresh"? Most likely "fresh frozen".
Easy to tell difference between Farm and Atlantic Salmon.
No pronounced fat lines on Atlantic Salmon.
Same for Trout as well.
Old 05-07-2023, 04:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,047 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
& I bet it was awful, too.
Old 05-07-2023, 04:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Not to worry, 1812 will close and management will get better. At least one could hope.
Old 05-07-2023, 07:21 PM
Default 3rd post

Quote:
Can anyone say "agenda" or "troll". Please...
Old 05-07-2023, 08:22 PM

I was going to eat there Sat. so glad I didn't
Old 05-07-2023, 08:39 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,611 Times in 946 Posts

Just looked at the Chop House menu, +$12 to add Salmon to a salad.
Old 05-08-2023, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Easy to tell difference between Farm and Atlantic Salmon.
No pronounced fat lines on Atlantic Salmon.
Same for Trout as well.
Reminds me that the bears will soon be returning to Brooks Falls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJNtrbmpVVs
Old 05-08-2023, 05:02 AM

So $12 for a "grilled" Ceasar salad? What was grilled in it (chicken)? Did the "grilled" item come with your salad and salmon?
Old 05-08-2023, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
If only you hadn't added the "I can buy this for less at the store" your complaint would be mostly valid.

You invalidated the complaint with that single statement though.

To explain - since I realize logic is not everyone's forte:

You can buy ALL of your food cheaper at a supermarket, and prepare it yourself from scratch. However, you won't have the experience of being served, having someone else do the dishes, someone else doing the cooking, the cleaning, paying for the electricity needed to run the oven and dishwasher, the experience of "dining out," preventing all those fish skins you can't put in the garbage disposer stinking up your house until trash day, etc. etc. etc.

A valid argument might be "I can make BETTER for less, and so I shall." That's my argument for shrimp scampi, everywhere I go. No one makes it as good as I make it. I'm always disappointed, and so I just stopped ordering it entirely. When I want shrimp scampi, I make it.

If you know you can get something for less somewhere else, and that is your argument for complaining about the price of something, then - get it for less somewhere else. Or just accept that at THIS place, there's an add-on price of $23 for salmon. Lighthouse is not an inexpensive middle-quality chain restaurant.

You would've been better off not trying to do things "cheap" and instead selected the bourbon salmon dinner, with a caesar salad add-on. That would've been only $32 and would've included vegetables and rice.
"Lighthouse is not an inexpensive middle-quality chain restaurant."

No, it's a low quality over priced restaurant. I'm not a restaurant basher, but this is quite an over statement. Just what is high quality about this place? Other than a nice water view.
Old 05-08-2023, 05:48 AM

Nice views and high prices.
Closed Thread

Tags
salmon, add, salad, $23, lighthouse

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.