Glenview CC - What on earth happened?

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2014, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Glenview CC - What on earth happened?

This has been our "local" for the past 8 years. We liked the lounge area and were there a couple of times a week. Just recently there have been some huge changes - the wait staff has changed, the bar tenders have changed, the food quality has changed, no longer able to get dinner menu items in the lounge, even the dinner menu has changed! We were so used to Melissa, Brett, Amanda and Penny knowing what we liked to eat and drink, coming to the table to ask how we were, just in general making customers welcome. No more Melissa, Amanda or Brett, and have not seen Penny for a long time.

Does anyone know, really know, what has caused these changes?

Thankfully we still have Cane and they are very good, and have almost the same menu as Glenview. Has the owner ever heard the saying "if it 'aint broke, don't fix it"?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Platinum member

This is just a guess. Glenview is / was owned by the same person who operated the 110th Street Grille in Bellview. That restaurant was always busy, but closed withour warning. Maybe Glenview had a change in ownership. Just a guess!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
This is just a guess. Glenview is / was owned by the same person who operated the 110th Street Grille in Bellview. That restaurant was always busy, but closed withour warning. Maybe Glenview had a change in ownership. Just a guess!!!
Their would appear to be some kinda connection ... I talked to 5 or 6 Belleview locals I know and no one knows what happened to 110th St Grille. One thing they all said was it was NOT for lack of biz there .... nor did the food / service decline before it closed.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:35 PM

Word is (from someone whom I believe actually knows the facts) is that a lot of the new help at Glenview is actually from the closed Belleview restaurant. Also heard that because the Belleview restaurant is closed, Randy (the owner) is spending more time at Glenview, which is not a good thing (too much interference). Food quality and service has definitely been declining, in my opinion. Then again, we'll be eating there again tomorrow night because it's so close to home.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Platinum member

Randy is not good for business.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Since writing my initial post I have been told that the lease ran out at 110th Street and he moved his good staff from there to Glenview - which is good for them, but bad for business. He must have pushed out his very loyal staff from Glenview .......... I'm sure it will all work out in the end, it always does.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-06-2014, 07:27 AM
Veteran member

6 of us ate at Glenview Weds evening this week. Food was excellent all around, prices seemed good and the wait staff was attentive and efficient. Won't hesitate to go back.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

9 of us ate there Wed.and some of the food was good, some not so much. The waitress smelled of cigarettes and was downright surly. I had eaten there several months ago and the same waitress was there then, just as surly. Good thing they added 18 percent tip, cause the whole table was upset at the attitude displayed.I witnessed one waitress crying and being consoled in one corner and overheard two servers talking about all the " tension " in the place. Looks like micromanagement at its worst. Soon Darwin will kick in and they will go the way of the dinosaur.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:50 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Poor management seem to be epidemic with restaurants around here
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.