AMELIA'S in the Waterfront Inn

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Veteran member
Default AMELIA'S in the Waterfront Inn

My wife and I had dinner during the soft opening at Amelia's at the Waterfront Inn. The food was spectacular. I had a tenderloin that was incredible, done perfectly to order, and just was exquisite. The she-crab soup was the best I have ever had. My wife had a steak salad which was also perfect. The bill for both of us without drinks: $32.00. Once the word gets out, this place will be hard to get into.

The ambiance was OK. The view was beautiful but the dining room is plain; the tables for two are too small; and, it will be noisy.

Overall...don't miss it.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 10-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: AMELIA'S in the Waterfront Inn

When is the official or grand opening of Amelias ??
We will be down for month of October in 3 days. :dontknow: :dontknow:
Old 10-04-2007, 06:02 PM

Itdrag - you lived in a few towns that had large printing facilities. Were you a printer or in graphic arts by any chance?
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 PM

Has anyone else been to Amelia's?

The menu looks great.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:09 AM

We went to Amelia's October 4th. The food was very good and the prices were reasonable. However, we were very disappointed in the size of the restaurant. The table for two (which is what they mostly have)is very small. We ordered a salad with our meal and there wasn't enough room to hold all the plates. They moved us to a bigger table. Not our choosing, we didn't complain about it but the waitress felt we were too crowded and moved us. The size and atmosphere left something to be desired.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:12 PM

Went there yesterday with some friends.

Food was wonderful.

She crab soup was out of this world. Just like Savannah, Ga.

I had the Tenderloin. Cooked perfect.

I like the fact that it is small and cozy. More intimate dining and excellent

food and service.

Will be going back for sure.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Veteran member

Irish, I was with IBM for 37 years...which accounts for most of those places. You are correct that the printing industry was in many of them!!
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 10-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Platinum member

I don't imagine that many of us eat breakfast out, normally, but I thought it worth reporting here that I did just that for a couple of mornings this past week. I had guests in town (unable to stay in my house due to allergic reactions to The Cat) who really enjoyed their stay at The Waterfront Inn.
However, I think the staff in Amelia's needs to take a close look at their morning service. While the very small breakfast buffet served up nice fresh fruits and decently done bacon and sausage, and a couple of egg-based casseroles (and to-order scrambled eggs were available), it took too long to clear a table, to bring coffee and/or juice.
I acknowledge that Friday morning they were perhaps overwhelmed - there was a large crowd of Italians, here for some sort of conference - but a well-staffed in-hotel restaurant should never be overwhelmed!
With time, I'm sure things will improve!
Old 10-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Veteran member

This seems to be a problem whenever a restaurant opens here...You'd think they would all be smarter....
Old 11-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

My husband and I are planning to have Thanksgiving Dinner at Amelia's
The buffet sounded nice..$25 a person...
and we are hoping it is good
Old 11-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Sage

Our ladies group had a luncheon at the Waterfront. It was so bad that the manager had
letters hand delivered to our homes expressing regret over the luncheon. They gave us coupons for a couple of drinks or appetizers. Unfortunately, over 60 women left the place feeling very underwhelmed.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:36 PM

Dinner at Amelia's on Thanksgiving was most disappointing. What is it with that loud, garish wallpaper in the lobby? Our party of 7 was ushered into the restaurant in good time, but the place was overcrowded to the point that those seating on the "outside" (not at the banquette) were constantly jostled by the wait staff & other diners as they moved about. The food, except for the salad & its dressing, was dull. Deli turkey breast & what appeared to be canned ham? Servers reached across us to retrieve plates. So noisy with that overcrowding that we couldn't carry on a decent conversation. Too ambitious an effort for a room that should be used for breakfast or lunch, not a nice, calm dinner. None of us plans to return.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Sage

We returned to Amelia's to give it another chance. To our surprise, the food was excellent.
The crab cake appetizer consisted of two nice sized crab cakes and a small serving of cole slaw. It was delicious. We shall return.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.