Another FMK Restaurant coming to Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2023, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
If anyone actually read the linked article, they would know why the McIntyre family is closing Augustines. And it doesn't involve not making money there.
I actually read it (twice now) but didn't find the reason they are closing. I see what they will be doing with their free time but no explanation for why that time became free.

In any case, the reason doesn't matter. Enjoyed Augustines and expect we will enjoy the new place as well.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-03-2023, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
I actually read it (twice now) but didn't find the reason they are closing. I see what they will be doing with their free time but no explanation for why that time became free.

In any case, the reason doesn't matter. Enjoyed Augustines and expect we will enjoy the new place as well.
Im with you , maybe we both need to go back a 3rd time. ,must be something we missed lol
Old 05-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,554 Times in 421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post

Did you see this part, or just not comprehend it?

The McIntyre family, which has operated the restaurant since November 2020, will remain in The Villages and turn its full attention to its other property in The Villages — Lighthouse Point Bar & Grille at Lake Sumter Landing.

“We’re going to pull the entire family back together and focus all of our efforts into the Lighthouse” said Brittany McIntyre, Lighthouse Point manager. “This is our home. It’s where our hearts are.”
Old 05-03-2023, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,943 Times in 1,114 Posts

Quote:

The McIntyre family, which has operated the restaurant since November 2020, will remain in The Villages and turn its full attention to its other property in The Villages — Lighthouse Point Bar & Grille at Lake Sumter Landing.

“We’re going to pull the entire family back together and focus all of our efforts into the Lighthouse” said Brittany McIntyre, Lighthouse Point manager. “This is our home. It’s where our hearts are.”
that doesn’t mean anything , it doesn’t say whether they were making money or not making money it also is what many people in different businesses say when they want to focus on some other’s business , because the present one isn’t doing well ,we don’t know what we don’t know , but saying we want to focus on our main business tells you nothing about how good or bad they we’re doing with 1812, FYI I like the light house ,the food is okay but that’s not the reason I go there , I go because it’s a fun place with a great view

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 05-03-2023 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-03-2023, 11:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,622 Times in 951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
that doesn’t mean anything , it doesn’t say whether they were making money or not making money it also is what many people in different businesses say when they want to focus on some other’s business , because the present one isn’t doing well ,we don’t know what we don’t know , but saying we want to focus on our main business tells you nothing about how good or bad they we’re doing with 1812
Correct, I am sure they closed the more profitable business, to focus on the less profitable business
They were making a fortune at 1812, and decided to walk away. That’s how operating a business works. Do you think they are going to say “we sucked at running 1812, we lost a fortune, but we will do better at the other place”
Old 05-03-2023, 11:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,420 Times in 2,076 Posts

Quote:

We’re going to pull the entire family back together and focus all of our efforts into the Lighthouse” said Brittany McIntyre, Lighthouse Point manager. “This is our home. It’s where our hearts are.”
My eyesight and my reading comprehension is just fine, thank you. It is my desire to jump to conclusions that is lacking.

A) Since Augustine's is closing....
B) Since Augustine's was losing money we chose to close it and now...
C) Augustine's seemed like a good idea at the time but we've had a change of heart and now...
D) Lighthouse has been suffering recently due to lack of attention and we want to correct that so now...
E) Our reasons are our own; what is important is...

Choose one of A-E or even some other reason. The article does not tell us the reason they are closing, just the result.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-03-2023, 11:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,082 Times in 744 Posts

Quote:

I'm shocked to read the same family own's both. I ate at the Lighthouse Point once and it was without a doubt, one of the worst dining experience of the last 20 years. It was horrendous.

From what I saw, the Lighthouse is more geared towards "drinking", which is a way more profitable business than selling food. It makes sense to concentrate on that location, given the scarcity of restaurant/bar help these days.
Old 05-03-2023, 12:18 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,797 Times in 3,658 Posts

FMK is going to be hitting their quality standards diminishing returns.
Old 05-03-2023, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,685 Times in 1,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
If 1812 was so good and the service was so good, it would not be leaving. The only reason they are wrapping it up is because they weren’t making enough money

If FMK food was so boring and service so bad, they wouldn’t be expanding, because no one would eat there.

Villagers talk with their wallet.
"Nobody goes there any more. Its too crowded". (Yogi Berra)
Old 05-03-2023, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
We enjoyed many meals at Augustine's 1812 House and went there several times with large groups. They were always accommodating to reservations made for groups. Sorry to see them go. Problem with FMK is all their restaurants serve same food.
Harvest Chop House Coastal Del Mar and Blue Fn each have unque menus.
Old 05-03-2023, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,558 Times in 3,126 Posts

Loved the food when we ate at Lighthouse. Was not fond of the service. If the St. Augustine family is planning on improving on the Lighthouse, then I'm all for it. "We want to focus our efforts on THAT restaurant" is good enough for me, no other reason needed.

No one is a stockholder of St. Augustines, and therefore no one is entitled to their financials. It's frankly none of your business whether they were doing well or not. And even if they weren't doing well, that wouldn't be a good enough explanation for some of you. You'd want to find out WHY they weren't going well, and coming up with theories and anecdotes about your last visit where the bartender didn't give you a cherry on your fruity cocktail and therefore the service is subpar and blah blah blah.

Really. Y'all need to find a better hobby.

Meanwhile I'm looking forward to seeing what FMK plans to do with St. Augustine's. The seafood joint they opened sounds nice, will eventually give it a try. We've been happy with the Orange Blossom Country Club menu, and it's in walking distance, plus we can order from the pool menu when we're at the pool. If they had the same butterfish dish at every single one of their restaurants - that'd be okay since - I like their butterfish.

Not understanding why people can be so nasty about restaurants that aren't "bad." FMK restaurants aren't Manhattan 5-star chef reservation-only $400 per person fixed price meals served with tuxedoed waiters and whatever the current trendy champagne is this week. They're just decent dine-in restaurants with waiter service. For what they are, they're nice places.
Old 05-03-2023, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,143 Times in 5,377 Posts

Quote:
If anyone actually read the linked article, they would know why the McIntyre family is closing Augustines. And it doesn't involve not making money there.
Sorry do not buy their answer. More to it than that.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,393 Times in 2,404 Posts

Does the reason they really, really left…….make any difference at this point. Whole lot of hand wringing over nothing!
Old 05-03-2023, 04:43 PM
Veteran member

OK, let me set this straight because reading comprehension is very much lacking here. I have had conversations with the owner. She stated exactly what was in the article and since some people didn't pass reading comprehension, I'll splain it for you.
A family business decided to branch out and open a 2nd restaurant. Prior to this 2nd restaurant, the WHOLE FAMILY was putting their time and efforts into ONE restaurant. After dealing with splitting up the family to work at 2 different venues, and having to hire outside the family to fill the missing holes, they decided that they would prefer to own ONE family business where they are all involved and not having to run from place to place to keep things running smoothly.
Reading is one thing. Comprehension is very lacking here.
Old 05-03-2023, 04:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Sorry do not buy their answer. More to it than that.
And guess what, they don't give a flying flip what you think. You think you can do better? Jump in there, cupcake!

Tags
fmk, restaurant, coming, spanish, springs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.