Another FMK Restaurant coming to Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2023, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,396 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by affald View Post
I have accumulated some fmk gift cards. Grandkids , ages 2 and 8, are coming in October and one is celebrating a birthday. What fmk restaurant or country club would you recommend? There will be 5 adults and two children. Thank you.
Harvest or Evans Prairie for us.

Bonifay and Scooples are good but not as good as the two above.

Bluefin has a really good brunch but we haven't had dinner there.

Chop House is probably really good but steak houses aren't for us.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 08-26-2023, 10:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
And this sums up 90% of the posts on this site. I happen to have a life, so I rarely post. But I come to read just to get a laugh from the pearl clutching antagonists who have nothing better to do.
I will, however, step in to defend good people and business owners who have brought nothing but their heart and soul to make the villages a better place. But they will always be bashed, second guessed, and slandered by those who wish to destroy good people here.
Let me get this straight. You bashing, second guessing, and slandering people on this forum, people you have never met, is okay. And, you reading posts with an emotion that may or may not be there, is also okay. All this you do "to defend good people and business owners." Sure! I believe that! Pot meet kettle.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 08-26-2023 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-26-2023, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
It's a gold mine because Sysco basically has a near-monopoly. If you want to dine out, you can eat from steak place #1, 2, 3, or 4, or nachos from Mexican joint 1, 2, 3, 4. They all taste almost the same, they're all priced similarly, and if you want to pay extra you can go to the nicer one and get the same exact steak but with the "aoli" (which is just fancy mayo, I mean c'mon) or your sauteed mushrooms with less pepper in the seasoning than the other ones have.
Sysco has a market share of 17% so I would not call that a near-monopoly. They are the largest food distributor granted but US Foods and GFS have significant presence.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
Let me get this straight. You bashing, second guessing, and slandering people on this forum, people you have never met, is okay. And, you reading posts with an emotion that may or may not be there, is also okay. All this you do "to defend good people and business owners." Sure! I believe that! Pot meet kettle.
Dont you just love people who believe their bashing is appropriate and needed. But, whenever others do it, they are "pearl clutching antagonists who have nothing better to do with their life." The post is extremely inappropriate since the poster believes most people who bash or complain are women. Never saw a man clutching his pearls! I am glad shut the front door doesn't post often. I understand why you responded this way, Margaret.

Last edited by Randall55; 08-26-2023 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2023, 09:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
I'd love to see a simple restaurant, offering soup, sandwiches and a salad.
Nothing fancy, but good food at a good price.

Oh, and no annoyingly loud live "entertainment".
Aren't you describing a Panera? Which happens to be down the street?
Old 08-26-2023, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmieK View Post
Could be a great opportunity for them to stretch their menu imagination? Something along the lines of a “Columbia” style restaurant — great venue for Spanish/Cuban cuisine, which is lacking in this area.
So is Indian.
Old 08-27-2023, 02:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Spanish Springs to welcome new FMK restaurant | News | The Villages Daily Sun | thevillagesdailysun.com

Another gold mine for this company and a welcome addition to this town square.
Wow, I haven’t been to Spanish Springs since I ate dinner at Cattleman’s Club. Many many years ago.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
If 1812 was so good and the service was so good, it would not be leaving. The only reason they are wrapping it up is because they weren’t making enough money

If FMK food was so boring and service so bad, they wouldn’t be expanding, because no one would eat there.

Villagers talk with their wallet.
Ditto!
Closed Thread

Tags
fmk, restaurant, coming, spanish, springs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.