Another thumbs UP for...

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Sage
Thumbs up Another thumbs UP for...

Lighthouse Seafoods on 466 near the fruit stand.

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I'm not sure where to post.

Today we finally stopped and picked up some delicious fresh fish for dinner. Mike got cod, I got salmon, Scottish salmon to be specific. I feel in love with Scottish salmon this spring when we visited the country. It has a fresh, sweet, of the sea flavor and I really missed it. Well, now I know where to get that delicious fish!

We'll be back to try other varieties, I have no doubt. I've never bought food from a vendor who has a roadside stand and meat or fish on ice. Today I took a chance, mostly because of the great recommendations I've read here. Try it, you'll like it!

Last edited by pooh; 10-30-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Sage

Pooh,
Do you know anything about where he gets his meat and fish? Is it "fresh frozen"? Is all of his fish wild caught? Do you know whether it is free of additives?
Old 10-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Sage

Says he's caught some, but not all I'm sure. Scottish salmon is probably flown in. I do believe most is fresh, but
I'll ask more questions the next time I stop for fish. Lobster tails were frozen. They do have a shop in Lake Murray. Reviews on the store were great, too.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Sage

Where's the Fruit Stand (there are a few on 466)?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Where's the Fruit Stand (there are a few on 466)?

I'm not the best at giving directions, but here goes....
When you get to 466 from Morse, coming from Lake Sumter Landing, take a right on to 466. Turn left at the Santa Fe Crossings shops, on the left, across 466. There you'll see a large fruit and veggie stand and near it, in the front is a wooden roofed type of open structure where Lighthouse Seafoods offers fish and other ocean delights on Thurs - Sunday 12-5.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.