Anyone tried the new Mexican that went into Sam's old location ?

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2023, 04:39 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts
Default Anyone tried the new Mexican that went into Sam's old location ?

aSam's (despite its obvious lack of careful cleaning) was a favorite of ours. Now I see our favorite teppanyaki restaurant in the same plaza has closed for good. One of our favorite places, became regulars with the owners who lived in the development of Spruce Creek. Noted a similar teppanyaki is going in, cynic me, probably just higher prices and lower quality like the others in the area, but will give it a try of course. Will sure miss the early bird special there, filet, shrimp, and chicken breast all three for a more than reasonable price. Times change...LOL ! Has anyone tried the new Mexican place that took Sam's location ? What did you think ?

Last edited by Pairadocs; 11-08-2023 at 04:41 PM. Reason: addition
Old 11-08-2023, 08:31 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Has anyone tried the new Mexican place that took Sam's location ? What did you think ?
No bueno.
Old 11-09-2023, 12:23 AM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
No bueno.
Lol... who will be the first to report !
Old 11-09-2023, 05:27 AM

Real Mexican? I have my doubts. If you want good Mexican then you have to travel out of Florida and head to Colorado, New Mexico, some parts of Texas and some southern areas of California.
Old 11-09-2023, 06:30 AM

Quote:
aSam's (despite its obvious lack of careful cleaning) was a favorite of ours. Now I see our favorite teppanyaki restaurant in the same plaza has closed for good. One of our favorite places, became regulars with the owners who lived in the development of Spruce Creek. Noted a similar teppanyaki is going in, cynic me, probably just higher prices and lower quality like the others in the area, but will give it a try of course. Will sure miss the early bird special there, filet, shrimp, and chicken breast all three for a more than reasonable price. Times change...LOL ! Has anyone tried the new Mexican place that took Sam's location ? What did you think ?
I ate at Sam's once and thought it was gross and would not go back. I have been to the new Mexican restaurant and it is clean, the food is good and I love the guacamole that is made fresh at the table. I would definitely recommend it
Old 11-09-2023, 07:41 AM

We were anxiously awaiting their opening but we’re disappointed. The chile rellenos were dry and rubbery. My wife had the beef fajitas and meat was chewy. Also they charged for an extra tortilla. Complained to manager and were told, “sorry you didn’t like, that’s the way we prepare them.” Not going back.
Old 11-09-2023, 08:54 AM

I cannot figure out where this plaza is what else is in this shopping plaza or what is the address, thanks
Old 11-09-2023, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
Real Mexican? I have my doubts. If you want good Mexican then you have to travel out of Florida and head to Colorado, New Mexico, some parts of Texas and some southern areas of California.
Only real Mexican I found around here “Old El Paso” in box in store.. I lived in Texas and New Mexico authentic Mexican was good, but for my tastes Tex Mex was liken to my tastes.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill View Post
I cannot figure out where this plaza is what else is in this shopping plaza or what is the address, thanks
The Terrace Shoppes
17860 SE 109th Ave
Summerfield, FL
Old 11-09-2023, 09:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Only real Mexican I found around here “Old El Paso” in box in store.. I lived in Texas and New Mexico authentic Mexican was good, but for my tastes Tex Mex was liken to my tastes.
I'm with you, love Tex-Mex. Family was here last week and thought the margaritas at Jalisco were up to par.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
Actually Arizona Mexican is the best in the country!
Old 11-09-2023, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRcorvette View Post
Actually Arizona Mexican is the best in the country!
They probably get their peppers from hatch NM.

“Hatch is widely known as the "best chile place in the World," for growing a wide variety of peppers, especially the New Mexican cuisine staple, and one of New Mexico's state vegetables, the New Mexico chile”
Old 11-10-2023, 07:45 AM

We live close to Jelasco's, & have been there a couple of times, it's okay not the best, but the ice cream shop right down from it is great! If we want good Mexican we go to Tequila cantina, used to be Naldos, Wedgewood Lane in The villages. I'm sure some won't agree but it's our favorite
Old 11-10-2023, 08:48 AM

Went with a group of 8. Everyone liked it very much. Clean and great service. Have been back a couple of times and everything was great
Old 11-10-2023, 08:54 AM

Quote:
We went with our neighbors and thoroughly enjoyed the food and service. They new owners have done a great job in designing the place. Very clean and welcoming
We have back a couple of times and food has been consistently good
Plus there is a new great ice cream place a couple of doors down that does ice cream filled glazed donuts. Messy but good
Closed Thread

Tags
favorite, sams, teppanyaki, give, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.