The Back Porch Restaurant Mulberry

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2022, 08:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Soooo, what happened to Cody's???
Codys was mismanaged and dirty. For a newer restaurant they did not take care of it well. We stopped going because it was gross.
Old 03-28-2022, 04:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Codys was mismanaged and dirty. For a newer restaurant they did not take care of it well. We stopped going because it was gross.
I agree. Service was terrible. Cody’s could have easily survived if it was run properly. Our experiences there included food orders not put in, drink orders not put in, and being served our meals after all of our golf group had finished theirs. Then there was the time we looked forward to listening to the music of “He Said, She Said” on the outside patio. Five minutes was all we could take as their were swarms of flies everywhere. Spoke to the manager who didn’t seem to care.
Old 03-28-2022, 06:24 AM

That’s funny. Fenney and Ezell are way too far for me. I live up north in a villa of Mulberry, near the Back Porch restaurant. We can use a real good restaurant here, after disastrous Cody’s
Old 03-28-2022, 06:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Soooo, what happened to Cody's???

Someone else also wrote it was “dirty and mismanaged.” The last time we went my wife’s order of ribs were ice cold. It was as if they took them out of the refrigerator and popped them on a plate.
Old 03-28-2022, 10:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I never go to the gourmet club for some reason. I did a search and found 3 different restaurants called the Back Porch all with very different menus.
Don't know where you got 3 but there IS a Back Porch Pizza Bar coming to Mount Dora (LINK) but it's not connected with the Back Porch Mulberry that we're talking about in The Villages. As long as the names are not exactly the same, the state of Florida allows variations. With a common name like Back Porch, there are probably 100 restaurants in the US that include those words.

Skip
Old 03-28-2022, 11:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What is “most”? What is “too far”?
"Too Far" is further than you want to go!

or is it . . . . . . .
Old 03-28-2022, 03:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensor17 View Post
That’s funny. Fenney and Ezell are way too far for me. I live up north in a villa of Mulberry, near the Back Porch restaurant. We can use a real good restaurant here, after disastrous Cody’s
We are in a Villa up north as well, an hour 45 minutes to Fenney grill. We love the ride, over the bridges etc. lots of fun. Of course, 5 minutes to The Back Porch will be great as well.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:07 AM
Platinum member

Friends went there the other night and said they were running out of food. That's odd for just opening.

Skip
Closed Thread

Tags
porch, back, thought, open, supposed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.