Bad Augustine’s Experience

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2023, 10:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash4353 View Post
Sounds like you had a rough couple of days. Lighten up Francis.
Now THAT is a funny post!

Guess I'll add my 2cents worth to Gary's comment: when I tend to become impatient, I try to remind myself that I've made an enormously huge number of mistakes in my own life.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't understand why so many posters are defending a restaurant that obviously provided poor service. The OP was just giving an accurate review of what happened. No one is preventing anyone from going to the restaurant.
In my case, because it may be a perfectly fine restaurant where one person made one mistake on one day. I don't think anyone took exception to the accurate review, only to what appears to be an overreaction to the situation.

I am extremely grateful for those who didn't abandon me after the one or two (hundred) mistakes I made.

Make a mistake but don't admit it or blame me for it and you might not see me again. Make a habit of making mistakes and you definitely won't see me again. Admit to being human and apologize for the mistake - I might make a point of going back even sooner.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; 02-04-2023 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I had a craving for Prime Rib so I decided to try Augustine’s so I could then enjoy the rest of the evening at Spanish Springs. I entered the restaurant at about 5:45 and sat at the bar. I ordered a beer and my prime rib. Sat there on my phone not really paying attention to anything. After at least 45 minutes I asked the bartender if my food was ever going to arrive. She looked at me like I had three heads. She never entered it into the computer. I said I would pay for the beer and leave. She said no charge so off I went looking for someplace to eat. Will not be back there.
So she messed up, she didn’t charge you for your beer and now you’re going to cry and take your ball home and never play there again. Good, one less whiner they have to deal with. More room for the rest of us.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I had a craving for Prime Rib so I decided to try Augustine’s so I could then enjoy the rest of the evening at Spanish Springs. I entered the restaurant at about 5:45 and sat at the bar. I ordered a beer and my prime rib. Sat there on my phone not really paying attention to anything. After at least 45 minutes I asked the bartender if my food was ever going to arrive. She looked at me like I had three heads. She never entered it into the computer. I said I would pay for the beer and leave. She said no charge so off I went looking for someplace to eat. Will not be back there.
Why people feel that it is necessary to post that they had a bad experience at some restaurant or other venue here is beyond me. If they think that anyone cares, or that it will in any way influence others to avoid the venue, they are wrong. Write something to the manager if you must, but stop whining on TOTV. No one gives a hoot.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller703 View Post
Why people feel that it is necessary to post that they had a bad experience at some restaurant or other venue here is beyond me. If they think that anyone cares, or that it will in any way influence others to avoid the venue, they are wrong. Write something to the manager if you must, but stop whining on TOTV. No one gives a hoot.
I don't agree. I like reading restaurant reviews, both positive and negative, as long as they are fair and accurate. I don't see anything wrong with providing a review after only one visit. Professional restaurant critics do it all the time and get paid for it. Often, a poster will trash a restaurant and 10 other posters will contradict them, which is good publicity for the restaurant. Give the OP a break. He probably will go back to the restaurant.
Old 02-04-2023, 02:43 PM

Several (most) responders to this post have been critical of the OP. I'm wondering why those very responders don't take their own advice--after all, it appears the OP recognizes that he made a mistake but yet he keeps getting blasted. Furthermore, why are these responders getting so worked up over someone's rant about a restaurant. I for one like hearing about another's experience at a restaurant and then I can decide how much credibility to give to the info/opinion provided. I can't offer you a free beer but can offer some free advice: chill out, you're retired!
Old 02-04-2023, 04:24 PM

Aren't you the perfect privileged OP. Guess you must be in demand for everything since you don't make mistakes or forget things.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:06 PM

Quote:
My wife and I went there last week, sat at the bar and the bartender ( pretty girl with tattooed arms)looked at us and started rearranging the refrigerator which was directly in front of where we were sitting. Never took our order, and the bus girl told her that we had been waiting for for a long time. The bartender then said to the busier “I’ve had worse things up my ass tonight” and continued to rearrange the glasses in the refrigerator without taking our order. Two other people were at the bar who had drinks and restaurant was not busy at all. But she would not take our order. We complained to the manager on our way out. No we won’t be back there either.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:18 PM

My wife and I went there last week checked in with the hostess and sat at the bar. The bar tender (pretty girl with tattooed arms) wiped the counter where we sat and started to rearrange the small refrigerator that holds glasses. She never took our order and after about 10 minutes we made a comment to the busgirl about hoping to get a drink. The busgirl told the bartender that we had been waiting awhile and getting anxious. The bartender responded to the busgirl (I’ve had worse things up my a$$ today”, and continued to rearrange the glasses in the small refrigerator which was right in front of us and still not take our order. There were two other people at the bar who had drinks and the restaurant was not busy at all. We complained to the manager on our way out, and the manager offered to seat us immediately at one of the many open tables. No we will not be back to Augustine’s.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneysblue View Post
So she messed up, she didn’t charge you for your beer and now you’re going to cry and take your ball home and never play there again. Good, one less whiner they have to deal with. More room for the rest of us.
I don’t believe I cried, just posting my experience in a review.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller703 View Post
I don’t care if someone cares or not but I post good and bad reviews. If people only post good reviews some will be surprised when they go someplace and it is terrible.
Old 02-05-2023, 04:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson02852 View Post
Aren't you the perfect privileged OP. Guess you must be in demand for everything since you don't make mistakes or forget things.
Hey Wilson, you got off the island.

Privileged, no but I have the right to be if I want. In demand, possibly. Mistakes, maybe a few and forget things, since my mind is blown I guess so.
Old 02-05-2023, 07:14 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs down

Quote:
Trashing a restaurant on a public forum is a really bad idea. Perhaps if you got off your phone and asked her a little earlier about your food, it would have come sooner. People make mistakes.
Old 02-05-2023, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
Trashing a restaurant on a public forum is a really bad idea. Perhaps if you got off your phone and asked her a little earlier about your food, it would have come sooner. People make mistakes.
Indeed they do. But often it is how the service personnel react AFTER the incident that can either assure that the customer comes back, or if they avoid the place like the plague.

Case in point: some years (quite a few, come to think of it) My wife and I were dining at a buffet restaurant in Mankato, Minnesota. I hit the dessert bar after dinner for some ice cream, which I intended to top off with some strawberry sauce which was dispensed from one of a row of plungers. I pressed the plunger, but nothing: appeared to be stuck. A littler harder--still nothing. A third time--and SPLOOOOSH! The dispenser tip popped off and slathered me in strawberry sauce from my left shoulder down to right mid-thigh. A busser saw what happened and immediately called the manager, who hurried over and ushered my wife and I out of the immediate presence of other diners. He was hugely apologetic. "I'm SO sorry about what happened. We thought we had that thing fixed" etc., etc. He then gave my wife and I SIX free passes to the buffet, plus $50 in cash to buy a new shirt and slacks, which we bought on our way out of town, as J.C. Penney as I recall. Had the manager just tried to brush the incident off, he would have lost two customers. As it was, with the way he handled it, he not only assured that we'd be back but that word-of-mouth (no discussion boards back then) would also get him some positive publicity, which it did: I'm not shy about expressing opinions.

Amusing aside: we walked into J.C. Penney and the clerk at one of the registers gasped in amazement at my appearance. "It's OK", I told her, "The other guy looks worse".
Old 02-05-2023, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Hey Wilson, you got off the island.

Privileged, no but I have the right to be if I want. In demand, possibly. Mistakes, maybe a few and forget things, since my mind is blown I guess so.
Wilson was lost at sea...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
augustine’s, entered, sat, rib, prime

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.