Bad set up for customers at Piesanos Pizza on Friday.

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 07:55 AM

It has forced us to find another restaurant to pick up from. The line take too long plus everyone is closer than the CDC suggested 6ft line.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:56 AM

They’re running as fast as they can. The service industry and restaurants in particular have to put up with chronic complainers who only think about themselves.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:08 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

It seems that the service is very spotty. Some people have a good experience and some do not. I do not think that restaurants are prepared but restaurants that have pizza should be because so many people get pizza to take out. Hopefully will end soon, and I think it will, and we will all be back to normal.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:01 PM

No matter which restaurant you choose in this time of the pandemic, I do not trust those restaurant employees who may spread the virus over the food, even cooked!
Old 03-29-2020, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafDeaf View Post
No matter which restaurant you choose in this time of the pandemic, I do not trust those restaurant employees who may spread the virus over the food, even cooked!
I too worry about who is preparing the food and how it's being handled. With lot of time on my hands, I'm enjoying cooking at home and trying recipes that I normally wouldn't make because of being out and about.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Jersey Mike's at Trailwinds was a bit backed up yesterday. I went in about 11:30 and no one was in line but about 15 people were waiting while trying to stay apart. I ordered as usual and and had it Mike's Way and I was out the door with my sub within 5 minutes. However, the people waiting around for subs who apparently called in their order for pick up, were still there when I left, maybe 1 or 2 had gotten their sub. So if you want a Jersey Mike's sub, just go and order as usual, don't call it in over the phone.
We went their Saturday around 1:00 and they were not excepting walk-in orders. You either had to order online or call to place order. If you ordered online, you received 50% off on any size sub which was a plus!
Old 03-29-2020, 03:27 PM

I seem to have heard that, since Vatican Council II, the object of not eating meat on Fridays (for Catholics) is not the point . I I suppose, if you ABSOLUTELY must eat meated pizza on a Friday, then, not having one would be a form of self-denial. But the Church developed a whole new idea then about "mortification". Basically, it is to force yourself to deny food, statements, actions that make you temporarily happy-- done occasionally--like having a robust cut of pie for dessert, or not making put-down statements when someone cut you off in traffic. As humans in the US, at least, we have been giving in to our desires so often and so deeply, that the Lenten concept of "self-denial" sorta makes sense. It's a form of self-cleansing; and it is not limited to Fridays but to any day or days we wish to do that for ourselves. IMHO.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:42 PM

I as well as many others enjoy the quality of the on site restaurant pizza, While I have not heard of this locally but we used to be able to call in and have a pizza made to our preference done as half baked, we could then finish it off when we were ready to serve. which would be as good if not way better than the store bought frozen grocery store products. I also believe that in finishing at home in our own oven would eliminate any virus contamination. How about if the local restaurants would offer this with instructions for the best finish.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:22 PM
Platinum member
Default No way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnston7649 View Post
We went their Saturday around 1:00 and they were not excepting walk-in orders. You either had to order online or call to place order. If you ordered online, you received 50% off on any size sub which was a plus!
Guess I will just avoid cooked food bought out and do my own cooking. No fuss no hassles with different rules at different places.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:38 AM

We found flippers pizza to be better than pisanos
Closed Thread

Tags
line, minutes, told, pizza, ready

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.