Bad Taste Left In The Mouths Of Our Guests

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Location: The Villages, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Memphis, Los Angeles, Boston, New York, Norfolk, Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet & Carl View Post
I email this letter to Glenview Country Club on June 19th. Needless to say no response as of today, July 8th, 2013.

On Saturday June 15th we visited the Glenview Country Club and were extremely disappointed with the service. Let me explain. We are a group of up to 30 plus and we travel via golf cart once a month to a nice restaurant in The Villages. We came from The Village of Sanibel to Glenview Country Club since some of us had never been to your establishment. My husband called the restaurant during the week so you would be expecting us on Saturday. We were connected to the Banquet Manager's voice message. My husband left a message explaining we would have close to 30 people for lunch on Saturday. We never received a return call. On Saturday we arrived at Glenview around 11:15. We explained to the hostess we had 23 people for lunch and would like to be seated around 12:15. Keep in mind a message was left for the banquet manager that we would be there on Saturday. The hostess said she would try to accommodate us and not until we all showed up. We asked for tables on the porch and were told a certain room was used for large parties. We asked to speak with the banquet manager and he was standing right there. My husband asked, do you not return phone calls? The banquet manager told us he was very busy and if he had a receptionist calls may get returned! So we had to wait until we all came back to see where we would be seated. We were placed in a large dining room with one oblong table, one round table and a table for 4. When I walked into the room there was a table of 10-12 set up in the center toward the porch area. Sure would have been nice if we had 2 tables of 12 set up for us, even in an L shape. We all would have been together. A few minutes later, 2 more of our people came in. One of the waiters said to the banquet manager, here are 2 extra people and I said no, these people are in our count. She explained to me that the round table could hold 10!!! I asked the banquet manager if we could have another small table to place next to ours and he said he didn't have any more tables!!! Our people at the oblong table moved around so our guests could be seated. Why couldn't we have had 2 oblong tables placed in an L shape??? So everyone’s order is placed and is served in what I thought was a timely manner. Well, I finished my lunch when I noticed one of our guests being served silverware. I asked her if she was just now being served and she said yes. A hamburger and french fries! Four people at the end of the oblong table were being served while others were finished their lunch. Gets better, another couple was served after the last 4. The reason they were being served so late, their french fries were being cooked. Oh they received their hamburger placed on 2 bottom pieces of the roll!!! So what kind of a picture was painted for our group at Glenview Country Club? Twenty three people ate at your restaurant ordering hamburgers, sides, drinks and other menu choices. Nice tab for the restaurant and tips for the servers. Foul tastes left in the mouths of our guests.

Janet Hohenberger
Try Hacienda CC. I KNOW that Al will make sure you are happy with the seating, service and attitude of the servers. He will work with you.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missypie View Post
We are a successful business, but each and every person counts. To have enough customers to not worry???? Really???? WOW!!!!
Based on my personal experience that's Glenview to a "T". They are the most customer unfriendly place in TV. Try going there with a large (12+) golf group to find out what really crappy service is. The attitude starts at the Host/Hostess desk and reflect the I don't give a s--t attitude of the Manager. Hard to complain since the owner is never there and probably has no idea what his managers are doing to infuriate customers. Yes I have complained and No I never get a response. They simply don't care. PS; don't think the food's very good there either.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Veteran member

I've noticed the same attitude of the hostess there.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
I've noticed the same attitude of the hostess there.
The very young and very beautiful hostess?
Old 07-26-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
1 guest check or 32
16 checks, does it really matter?
Janet
Old 07-26-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I email this letter to Glenview Country Club on June 19th. Needless to say no response as of today, July 8th, 2013.

On Saturday June 15th we visited the Glenview Country Club and were extremely disappointed with the service. Let me explain. We are a group of up to 30 plus and we travel via golf cart once a month to a nice restaurant in The Villages. We came from The Village of Sanibel to Glenview Country Club since some of us had never been to your establishment. My husband called the restaurant during the week so you would be expecting us on Saturday. We were connected to the Banquet Manager's voice message. My husband left a message explaining we would have close to 30 people for lunch on Saturday. We never received a return call. On Saturday we arrived at Glenview around 11:15. We explained to the hostess we had 23 people for lunch and would like to be seated around 12:15. Keep in mind a message was left for the banquet manager that we would be there on Saturday. The hostess said she would try to accommodate us and not until we all showed up. We asked for tables on the porch and were told a certain room was used for large parties. We asked to speak with the banquet manager and he was standing right there. My husband asked, do you not return phone calls? The banquet manager told us he was very busy and if he had a receptionist calls may get returned! So we had to wait until we all came back to see where we would be seated. We were placed in a large dining room with one oblong table, one round table and a table for 4. When I walked into the room there was a table of 10-12 set up in the center toward the porch area. Sure would have been nice if we had 2 tables of 12 set up for us, even in an L shape. We all would have been together. A few minutes later, 2 more of our people came in. One of the waiters said to the banquet manager, here are 2 extra people and I said no, these people are in our count. She explained to me that the round table could hold 10!!! I asked the banquet manager if we could have another small table to place next to ours and he said he didn't have any more tables!!! Our people at the oblong table moved around so our guests could be seated. Why couldn't we have had 2 oblong tables placed in an L shape??? So everyone’s order is placed and is served in what I thought was a timely manner. Well, I finished my lunch when I noticed one of our guests being served silverware. I asked her if she was just now being served and she said yes. A hamburger and french fries! Four people at the end of the oblong table were being served while others were finished their lunch. Gets better, another couple was served after the last 4. The reason they were being served so late, their french fries were being cooked. Oh they received their hamburger placed on 2 bottom pieces of the roll!!! So what kind of a picture was painted for our group at Glenview Country Club? Twenty three people ate at your restaurant ordering hamburgers, sides, drinks and other menu choices. Nice tab for the restaurant and tips for the servers. Foul tastes left in the mouths of our guests.

Janet Hohenberger
Last Saturday our Sanibel Cart Cruisers were highly appreciated and accommodated with open arms at BONIFAY C C. I went a week in advance and spoke with the Manager John. He immediately entered our reservation in the book, in front of me. We had another call during the week to insure our reservation. We had 36 happy Cart Cruisers arriving between 11:30 and noon. Our orders went in together and everyone was served together. We had our own space outside and our 3 tables were set up in a U. Everyone could see and hear as I gave out prizes for our Scavenger Hunt. All of us were very happy with service from BONIFAY C C , John, the manager and his staff.
Janet
Old 07-26-2013, 03:22 PM

era

Last edited by Janet & Carl; 07-26-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: era
Old 07-26-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The very young and very beautiful hostess?
You must be thinking of a different place.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:24 PM

era
Old 07-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Last Saturday our Sanibel Cart Cruisers were highly appreciated and accommodated with open arms at BONIFAY C C. I went a week in advance and spoke with the Manager John. He immediately entered our reservation in the book, in front of me. We had another call during the week to insure our reservation. We had 36 happy Cart Cruisers arriving between 11:30 and noon. Our orders went in together and everyone was served together. We had our own space outside and our 3 tables were set up in a U. Everyone could see and hear as I gave out prizes for our Scavenger Hunt. All of us were very happy with service from BONIFAY C C , John, the manager and his staff.
Janet
Some actual advance planning...............
Old 07-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Janet
Does Bonifay still have the problem of swarms of flies outside? Last year, the flies were all over the food outside and on the rims of glasses. It was disgusting.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimball View Post
Based on my personal experience that's Glenview to a "T". They are the most customer unfriendly place in TV. Try going there with a large (12+) golf group to find out what really crappy service is. The attitude starts at the Host/Hostess desk and reflect the I don't give a s--t attitude of the Manager. Hard to complain since the owner is never there and probably has no idea what his managers are doing to infuriate customers. Yes I have complained and No I never get a response. They simply don't care. PS; don't think the food's very good there either.
We have received that attitude at Glenview's front desk also. What really surprised us when we went there after a show at Savannah that they close at 8 on Sunday nights. Tons of people being turned away at 7:30 coming from show.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:08 PM

you deserve what you got sorry==== im thinking that no one returned your call or your voice mail might have been enough to give you a clue you were in for trouble BUT NO all 30 of you that droped to 23 went anyway lets see we have to blame someone for this ??????? ??? i couild go on but but it would be fingre execise for me only soo maybe stop by the next place get a name if you promise 30 dont deliver 23 and expect no penality
Old 07-28-2013, 08:12 AM
Sage

The above poster has it right. Your phone call promised 30 people for lunch. Only 23 people showed up. Maybe Glenview should have charged you the average cost for 7 lunches that never were served.

Maybe it would be fair if the club had taken your credit card information at the time of the "reservation for 30" and you would be responsible for 30 lunches. How would you feel about that?
Old 07-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I have been present when people speak to restaurant staff as if they were there to lick their shoes. They speak harshly, commanding them and without a tad of politeness or consideration.

I have seen them berate them for minor situations like running out of water and I have seen them order them like slaves.

I can't imagine on a daily basis what it must be like to be subjected to that kind of atmosphere. I have found the servers in The Villages are the best and most patient of any that I have encountered in my whole life.

I think most of us old farts have very high expectations from the country clubs that are not really country clubs but come through with eatable food at a very low price.

Our village has a dine around group that goes out on a Friday night in high season and of course cannot get reservations during that time for our group that gets as big as thirty, sometime. We are prepared to wait and to chat outside or be seated in smaller groups, enjoying the conversations with each other during waiting. When we are seated because so many have entered at one time, there is usually a LONG delay for food and other service because so many of us came in together. We understand why and I haven't heard any one in our group complain.

It is what it is. There are some restaurant owners that run things better than others and some don't give a care about diplomacy. We have a choice to throw business their way or not. Apparently there is so much business here that even the poor managers stay afloat.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.