Bamboo Bistro and Sweet Tomatoes

Closed Thread
Old 03-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Join their email club and you will get coupons every couple of weeks. Yum -- can't wait.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Gold member

Sweet Tomatoes makes Crispers look very lame. It is a wonderful place and their soups are the best. The cream of mushroom will make you cry, it is so good. Thye do not have it everyday though. The everyday ones were chicken noodle (with huge home made noodles and very large chicken chunks), a vegetable soup and some kind of tomato based soup. They also have pasta, lots of muffins, all kinds of greens and prepared salads. Their baked potatoes were also great. This is the one veggie place the hubs liked. They always ran ads in the Sunday paper in California...with the coupons I think the dinners were $8 something and the lunches $7 something. I have not been to one in many years, so the prices are probably higher now.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default A Big Yippie

I do not know how their prices compare to Crispers because it is a different setup. We go to one in St. Louis and it is wonderful. I am soooo excited. It is a buffet type restaurant where you pay one price and can go back as often as you want. We take the grandkids so It probably is reasonable.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Sage

I drove by it today - looks like an April opening is doable. Don't be fooled by the signage (as I was), it takes up three units of the building (sign is only over one unit) and should be good size - about the same size as the one we used to go to in Fremont, CA. Probably a double line on the entry salad bar (don't fill up on the prepared salads at the front of the salad bar, don't fill up on the salad further down the salad bar - leave room for soup, pasta, pizza, hot breads, biscuits, fruit, and then ice cream with sprinkles. Not bad for under ten bucks.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

yummmmmmmmmmmmmm -- Loved it in Walnut Creek, California. Getting it here will be such a treat!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-11-2011, 10:21 AM

Ohhh, I'm getting so excited!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:28 AM

I just checked their website. Opening is scheduled for April 4, 2011. Can't wait!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:58 PM

Prices at Sweet Tomatoes very good and it is an all you can eat buffet. We just moved to TV from Fort Myers where we have eaten at ST for years. Since moving here, we have been dining at ST in Orlando whenever we go there, love it ! Fresh food, soups, salads, baked potatoes, pasta, breads, muffins and more. We have never brought anyone there that has been disappointed. I just checked their website and it does say they will open April, 2011.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
I just checked their website. Opening is scheduled for April 4, 2011. Can't wait!
Just in time for my Birthday. I wonder if they have a special for Bdays. LOL

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Sage

Bring a candle and put it in the soft serve ice cream!

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
Yea! That is my birthday!!

Measure your wealth not by the things that you have, but by the things you have for which you wouldn't take money.
The world needs dreamers; the world needs 'do'-ers. But most of all, the world needs dreamers who are do-ers.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Sage

Believe I have a grandchild with that birthday or maybe a long ago GF.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.