Banana's Foster

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Julie
Default Banana's Foster

Banana's foster is my ultimate favorite dessert. While we were in TV a couple of weeks ago we dined at the Palmer Legends and ordered their BF for dessert. It is the best BF I've ever had served in a restaurant.

They bring out a dish with four generous scoops of vanilla ice cream then pour the bananas in their caramely (I'm not even sure this is a real word) sauce over the ice cream. The bananas were the perfect texture and the flavor of the sauce was outstanding! Mmm, good I can hardly wait to get back to TV and devour this tasty treat

Does anyone else know of area restaurants who prepare an excellent banana's foster?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

I've never had BF but after you description and recommendation, I'm making plans to go to AP and try it!!!

I have not been back to AP for several months because of two bad experiences in a row one for very bad service and the other for a food problem, but will make an exception in this case.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 03-28-2009, 05:51 PM

Bourbon Street has a good one too!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

The only thing closer to heaven tha a good Banana's Foster is a Banana Foster cheesecake.

Thanks for the tip I will try them
Old 04-26-2009, 07:37 PM

Vic's Ember's in Leesburg has the best Banana's Foster I have eaten. Made at your table.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Gold member

Bananas Foster generally is "flambe'd"at your table - it has banana liquor in it, and when the alcohol burns off, the flavors are amazing. No mention of flames in your description. Did they light it up?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.