Beef O'Brady's

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2016, 10:41 AM
Gold member

I don't like their food anyhow and never go yhere.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:18 AM

I am not saying the manager was right in his approach, but just a thought... Perhaps with a restaurant full of people, he did not want to create a scene when a customer is very upset and wants to "speak to a manager". His thoughts are: the policy is such and he was just adhering to it. In many cases, the discussion doesn't lead to a civil tone of voice by one or both parties in the long run. No matter what he would have said it appears it probably would not have been an accepted answer here.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
as a friend of mine once noted: there's a difference between a hardship and an inconvenience.
It depends on if you are the hardhsip(ee) or the hardhip(or), the inconvenience (ee) or the inconvenience (or)
Old 05-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
I am not saying the manager was right in his approach, but just a thought... Perhaps with a restaurant full of people, he did not want to create a scene when a customer is very upset and wants to "speak to a manager". His thoughts are: the policy is such and he was just adhering to it. In many cases, the discussion doesn't lead to a civil tone of voice by one or both parties in the long run. No matter what he would have said it appears it probably would not have been an accepted answer here.
that is a sensible response. However may I offer an alternative thought. If the manager/owner did not want to make a scene a yes to the request would have gone unnoticed. Any person who ever did customer service work in any capacity is well acquainted with the concept of the damage just one customer complaint generates

Its not visible to the company but over time it has a cumulative affect. Trust is a living thing and once its breached it dies
Old 05-29-2016, 12:34 PM
Default Civil Action in Place

I can tell you from experience... this is definitely a Civil Case from the word Go. You need to see a Civil Lawyer.. make sure your facts are exactly as they appear... Do not inflate or change... Keep accurate notes right now in your folder for future depositions..

If one lawyer is too busy head for the second lawyer... this is not a high money case but there is an amount there to cover all expenses etc... In the area of $5000.00 to ++++ . Be careful of future postings here.. that is not good for your case after general notifications to all residents to be aware only.. Save his postings here in a copy... get the actual name of the person (employees you talked with) inquire his full name and position... get full address of business so a registered letter will be coming there way by your lawyer... save all attempts to contact him (manager) and method, times, even send your own registered letter to attempt to make contact with them... do not let this end this way..
Old 05-29-2016, 01:02 PM

When I read the original post it obvious to me what the issue is. Think about all the complaints that are posted on this site, how many times do we read about having to "get the manager". These managers are inundated with complaints, many times over trivial issues. Do you think they don't get tired of it? This particular manager seemed to have had enough for that particular night, and before someone says "that's his job", we have all had our moments where we are fed up.
I recommend less complaining, let the little issues go, and more complimenting of an individual.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:44 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stdole View Post
I can tell you from experience... this is definitely a Civil Case from the word Go. You need to see a Civil Lawyer.. make sure your facts are exactly as they appear... Do not inflate or change... Keep accurate notes right now in your folder for future depositions..

If one lawyer is too busy head for the second lawyer... this is not a high money case but there is an amount there to cover all expenses etc... In the area of $5000.00 to ++++ . Be careful of future postings here.. that is not good for your case after general notifications to all residents to be aware only.. Save his postings here in a copy... get the actual name of the person (employees you talked with) inquire his full name and position... get full address of business so a registered letter will be coming there way by your lawyer... save all attempts to contact him (manager) and method, times, even send your own registered letter to attempt to make contact with them... do not let this end this way..
Really! Do you recall St Paul's advice to the Corinthians "Lawsuits before Pagans"? Lest you think me naive' man know I had supervisory involvement concerning litigation all over this nation. I can tell you "Civil" is not a word I would use in connection with "Lawsuit".

This OP rightly vented his frustration...got it off his chest. The Christian thing, the right the humane thing the sensible thing and proper thing to do now is for him to let it go

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-29-2016, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,763 Times in 971 Posts

Quote:

This is said in humor, right? I mean, really, a joke, right?
Old 05-29-2016, 02:28 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:

I trust this is meant as a light hearted joke.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,322 Times in 548 Posts
Default Good Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
The problem is the attitude of the owner. He could be 100% correct (I think he is not) but refusing to talk to an unhappy customer is a very poor business policy.
I've read all the various posts and overall like this one the best. Lots of interesting responses regarding the OP'S post from filing a lawsuit to ignoring the incident and moving on after venting frustration with BOB'S. I like the idea of moving on.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,049 Times in 372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I trust this is meant as a light hearted joke.
At first I thought not... but having given it more thought (why I have no idea) I think it was a joke.
Old 05-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,939 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyP View Post
When I read the original post it obvious to me what the issue is. Think about all the complaints that are posted on this site, how many times do we read about having to "get the manager". These managers are inundated with complaints, many times over trivial issues. Do you think they don't get tired of it? This particular manager seemed to have had enough for that particular night, and before someone says "that's his job", we have all had our moments where we are fed up.
I recommend less complaining, let the little issues go, and more complimenting of an individual.
This is my favorite post.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
The problem is the attitude of the owner. He could be 100% correct (I think he is not) but refusing to talk to an unhappy customer is a very poor business policy.
Don't forget, there are two sides to every story.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:40 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
This is said in humor, right? I mean, really, a joke, right?
My view is the poster was not joking. The poster addressed very specific issues that an attorney would caution a client on so as not to incriminate himself. The poster made references to keeping record. The poster even drew speculation on the value of such a claim/lawsuit. The poster may be an attorney himself, work for an attorney or be a runner for an attorney. If the poster was joking s/he should have ended it with a smiley
Old 05-30-2016, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
My view is the poster was not joking. The poster addressed very specific issues that an attorney would caution a client on so as not to incriminate himself. The poster made references to keeping record. The poster even drew speculation on the value of such a claim/lawsuit. The poster may be an attorney himself, work for an attorney or be a runner for an attorney. If the poster was joking s/he should have ended it with a smiley
I think so too. I am saddened by this. It is such a small issue. In money a couple of dollars, in wasted food, a couple of ounces. I don't blame the manager for being annoyed, he probably should have allowed this request, but people all too often think that things should be changed for their unusual situation.

A lawsuit over this? A lawsuit??????? Come on.

I would have liked to be a fly on the wall and saw and heard the conversation. I wouldn't last more than five minutes working in a restaurant here. I think how some people treat folks who work in restaurants here is often rude, unrealistic, selfish and demanding and then they don't tip fairly.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-30-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, obradys, return, order, care

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.