Best place for steak

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Sage

I like the Renegade steak at Longhorns.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 AM
Sage

The rest of the story:

Florida is a large producer of GRASS FED BEEF, i.e. pasture feeders and this produces a leaner, tougher, stringier cut of beef. The grass fed beef is better for you, better for the environment and more humane to the animal, but unfortunately does not come to the table as tender and juicy as we are used to. The beef that bring the most complements is beef that is raised and fed a combination of grains in feed lots where the cattle have little room to move around; hence, higher and faster weight gain with more fat marbling in the meat that provides the lip smacking flavor that we enjoy. So when looking for a great steak, find out where the beef comes from and how it was developed as that has by far more to do with taste than the cook or the restaurant.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

We were extremely impressed with Vics Embers on the 441 Leesburg. The BEST!!! And closer by, Longhorns

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
The rest of the story:

Florida is a large producer of GRASS FED BEEF, i.e. pasture feeders and this produces a leaner, tougher, stringier cut of beef. The grass fed beef is better for you, better for the environment and more humane to the animal, but unfortunately does not come to the table as tender and juicy as we are used to. The beef that bring the most complements is beef that is raised and fed a combination of grains in feed lots where the cattle have little room to move around; hence, higher and faster weight gain with more fat marbling in the meat that provides the lip smacking flavor that we enjoy. So when looking for a great steak, find out where the beef comes from and how it was developed as that has by far more to do with taste than the cook or the restaurant.
I can "echo" what above poster says as the best chicken I ever had was grass fed organic poultry from a ranch in Colorado and the steak eaters, ditto, raved over their beef.........as mentioned above, grass fed, not crowded together in the slaughter houses.....

Above meals were enjoyed at a resort ranch high in the Rockies above Winter Park.........in Tabernash.....at 9,000 ft. / 8,000 ft.

I've tried to purchase organic /grass fed poultry but it gets pretty steep in price. Is it available in The Villages at one of the supermarkets???

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
Jeffrey Paul's Chop House in Leesburg is the closest you'll find to a serious steak house. It's on 441 just past the split from 27.
Totally agree! If you want to travel a bit further, Mark's Prime Steakhouse in Ocala is even better but a bit more pricey. Both beat anything in TV by an order of magnitude.

Last edited by kimball; 04-09-2013 at 08:49 AM. Reason: missing word
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.