Best Restaurant in Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2020, 12:23 PM

As newcomers these recommendations were helpful to us also. Thanks to all that contributed.
Dave
Old 10-01-2020, 01:01 PM

Redneck but good food.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:42 PM
Default Thanks

For all the restaurant recommendations... I will check out the menus and send a gift card their way!
Old 10-01-2020, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,054 Times in 5,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deantilman@comcast.net View Post
Redneck but good food.
Quoting another post lets us know which post you are referring to.

Now we have no clue.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
All over priced, I go to eat not screwed.
Chop House has lovely atmosphere. We have no problem paying for that plus their food is exceptional. Another vote for Chop House.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteelenov View Post
The Rose Plantation in Fruitland Park is outstanding.
Another restaurant with lovely atmosphere. It is in an old Victorian home converted to a restaurant which overlooks a lovely pond. Service is excellent as is the food.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:32 PM

Miz Kathi’s Cotillion has a wonderful chicken salad plate. I’ve taken many guests there for lunch, but more so for the desserts. If we are celebrating a special birthday, I get my cakes from the bake shop. They are very expensive, but worth it. And when I feel like indulging just a little I visit the bake shop for just a slice which you can also purchase. Again, not inexpensive, but so very decadent.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Everyone has a different price point. I eat at those restaurants frequently and enjoy the food and service. I do not think they are over priced. IMO they are the best restaurants in the area. I forgot to include Wolfgang Puck which has great food.
We were just at Wolfgang Puck a few weeks ago and they did not have gift certificates
Old 10-01-2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyralud View Post
I have some dear friends that have been so helpful to me as an absentee homeowner in the Villages. I would like to get a gift card to a good restaurant in the area, but don’t know anything about any of them. They like most kinds of cuisine.
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!
I love seafood, so I would most like Blue Fin or Bone Fish card, but..... may I politely point out that with all that is going on right now, the speed at which restaurants are given the "okay" to open and then it's rescinded in a few days or a week. have you ever considered a gift card such as Amex, Visa, etc. and just allow your friends to choose a restaurant that meets their needs. Keep in mind, some folks do not eat at restaurants that do no have outdoor dining areas, even though indoors is now permitted. But, why not give them a card which would allow them ALL choices, including with Amex, Visa, etc. they could order pick-up and take home at ANY place the choose. And additionally, if they would prefer right now, they could purchase prime steaks they might not ordinarily buy due to the price, and enjoy an extra ordinary meal at home ! ? Just a suggestion because it's very tricky right now, some do not eat out at all !
Old 10-01-2020, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
During the pandemic I will vote for any restaurant that does curbside pick-up for takeout orders. During normal times I would vote for Blue Fin, Bonefish, Chop House, VIKI, and Sakura.
I agree, really like all those you mentioned, but, in this environment, I suggested why not an Amex, Visa, MC, etc. gift card so it could be used at any restaurant, could be used for curbside even at more informal places like a barbecue, and could be used to purchase high prices prime steaks for a special meal at home if that is what they prefer right now.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Hahaha, decent seafood but the atmosphere is 1950s filling station chic.
Seems that is the charm of it, found out many tell friends who visit Florida to seek it out just for that "unknown, one of a kind, thing".... Southern Living once did a feature article on those types of restaurants and bars called "unknown" Florida... think O' shucks and some others were not as "unknown" after that article appeared.
Old 10-01-2020, 05:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
One day excellent the next not great. I found a huge difference in Havana since Vinnie left. The best fried chicken IMO is McCalls or Cheers.
I went to McCalls for the fried chicken. The only way you can get it is with both dark and light meat. I only like light meat so I ordered a fish dish and it was inedible.
I will never go back there.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,054 Times in 5,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
I went to McCalls for the fried chicken. The only way you can get it is with both dark and light meat. I only like light meat so I ordered a fish dish and it was inedible.
I will never go back there.
Guess if we go to McCalls have to go with another couple who promise to only eat dark meat.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:18 PM

Eaton beach , or grand oaks resort great places
Old 10-01-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyralud View Post
i have some dear friends that have been so helpful to me as an absentee homeowner in the villages. I would like to get a gift card to a good restaurant in the area, but don’t know anything about any of them. They like most kinds of cuisine.
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!
eaton beach , or grand oaks resort great places
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, restaurant, don’t, good, kinds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.