Best “Value” restaurant within the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2023, 12:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts
Default Best “Value” restaurant within the Villages

As an offshoot to the “Great Restaurant” thread, I would be interested in people’s opinions on what are the best value restaurants that are golf cart accessible within the Villages. I’m not looking for great restaurants, or the most expensive places, but rather restaurants where one can get a consistently decent quality meal at a reasonable price relative to the quality. Take out availability is always a plus because we prefer to eat in our birdcage, sitting by the pool, and watching the sunset over the wildlife preserve. My top choice is biased by my food preference, which would be take out sushi from Sakura.
Old 11-07-2023, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

If we eat fast food, (quick service) take out, it’s PDQ. Tenders or chicken breast can be grilled or fried if one needs that.
Side options waffle fries, zucchini fries, or better choice broccoli

Can have any sandwich as a lettuce bun, or brioche. Salads made with special requests.

Have zero calorie and caffeine free drinks or Milk shakes with real ingredients (peanut butter, not fake morels)

Food made when you order, since you can customize.

Also have great family and party packages

Bonus….employees are great.
Old 11-07-2023, 01:54 PM

I’d recommend TooJays for good value. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. An extensive menu, takeout available and in the villages.
Old 11-07-2023, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondboy View Post
I’d recommend TooJays for good value. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. An extensive menu, takeout available and in the villages.
I will add the LSL TooJays has never been a disappointment, we stop once a week when coming back from golf in the Northern areas.

Brownwood TooJays has been very hit or miss. Last 3 visits with 4-6 people, food was lukewarm, scrambled eggs, still uncooked on the bottom, bagel a little burnt. Above all service has been a very unhappy employee. Yes we have spoken to management, that’s why we gave them 3 chances. Off our list for breakfast for a few months.
Old 11-07-2023, 02:57 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Fiesta Grande Mexican Grill
Old 11-07-2023, 02:58 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Bonefish.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I will add the LSL TooJays has never been a disappointment, we stop once a week when coming back from golf in the Northern areas.

Brownwood TooJays has been very hit or miss. Last 3 visits with 4-6 people, food was lukewarm, scrambled eggs, still uncooked on the bottom, bagel a little burnt. Above all service has been a very unhappy employee. Yes we have spoken to management, that’s why we gave them 3 chances. Off our list for breakfast for a few months.
Maybe I need to try the LSL location of TooJays. Have tried the Brownwood twice and extremely disappointed both times!
Old 11-07-2023, 04:35 PM

Cody’s, Brownwood only.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Fiesta Grande Mexican Grill
Will have to give that place a try. Ay Jalisco also has great Mexican food and is high on my list for value. Island Fin Poke in Brownwood is another place high on my value list. Also, I agree with you about Bonefish.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:56 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
If we eat fast food, (quick service) take out, it’s PDQ. Tenders or chicken breast can be grilled or fried if one needs that.
Side options waffle fries, zucchini fries, or better choice broccoli

Can have any sandwich as a lettuce bun, or brioche. Salads made with special requests.

Have zero calorie and caffeine free drinks or Milk shakes with real ingredients (peanut butter, not fake morels)

Food made when you order, since you can customize.

Also have great family and party packages

Bonus….employees are great.
What a deal veterans have on the first and third Monday of every month with 50% off everything even milk shakes and cookies I haven't found a better deal yet and Tyler helps VVA Chapter 1036 with a meal for our Christmas party!
Old 11-07-2023, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
As an offshoot to the “Great Restaurant” thread, I would be interested in people’s opinions on what are the best value restaurants that are golf cart accessible within the Villages. I’m not looking for great restaurants, or the most expensive places, but rather restaurants where one can get a consistently decent quality meal at a reasonable price relative to the quality. Take out availability is always a plus because we prefer to eat in our birdcage, sitting by the pool, and watching the sunset over the wildlife preserve. My top choice is biased by my food preference, which would be take out sushi from Sakura.
If you like asian, KOYAME, on 441, near hospital, without a doubt best value, 1 lunch menu EASILY FEEDS two and maybe 3, love their orange chicken and sesame chicken, with soup or spring roll, with white or brown rice, under $10, plus fried noodles and sauce if you eat there, we always get to-go! You won't be disappointed, BUT DONT TELL ANYBODY, ITS OUR SECRET, LOL.

Last edited by jebartle; 11-08-2023 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-07-2023, 06:04 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,045 Times in 731 Posts

If you decide to try TooJays, trust me ... you'll disappointed. Worst managed restaurant I've ever been in.

TOOJAY’S DELI * BAKERY * RESTAURANT - 91 Photos & 132 Reviews - 1129 Canal St, The Villages, Florida - American - Restaurant Reviews - Phone Number - Menu - Yelp
Old 11-07-2023, 07:21 PM

I Second Toojay's, great food, fair prices never disappointed.
Old 11-07-2023, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
I Second Toojay's, great food, fair prices never disappointed.
?? OP, I guess you’ll just have to try for yourself.
Old 11-08-2023, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The Lighthouse Point at LSL has the best lunch value around. Look at their basket specials. Combine that with happy hour drink prices and the value can’t be beat. Good food and service as well.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, quality, villages, top, eat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.