Best Village's Pizza Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2013, 12:16 PM

Funny reading some of the posts they remind me of out west in New Mexico or Arizona. When folks give directions they rarely site the address of a place but tell you its next to or in front of ... Which seem like a small town or Village and a friendly way to help several folks out for locating an address while driving in many cities is almost imposable.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:41 PM

we had pizza at NYPD and have to say it is VERY good! born and raised in NYC and we are very demanding about pizza quality but NYPD is a winner
Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 AM

Had Tierra Del Sol for the first time on Sunday and I thought it was very good but next time I would ask to cook it a little longer as the crust was not brown enough for me but lots of cheese which I love and the large is huge...$5.00 bacardi and coke and $3.00 copperridge merlot...not too shabby !!!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaGrandparents2013 View Post
Was looking for recommendations for the Best Pizza located within The Villages.

Yesterday we took takeout from Bravo Pizza located at Lake Sumter. Large cheese pizza was $ 14.50 with each additional topping $3.00.

Would be interested in hearing everyone's recommendation.
What did you think of Bravo's, other than it's a little expensive?

Generally, you will have a completely different pizza-experience when you eat it right out of the oven, or when you take it home. For example, Giovanni's is acceptable when you eat there but tastes like cardboard when you take it home. We're happy with Bravo's but we often pop it in the oven for 10 minutes if we're taking it out.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Gold member

Any take-out pizza will get soggy crust by the time it gets home. Putting it in the oven restores some of the crispness to the crust, as well as warming up the topping.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Default Best Pizza & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaGrandparents2013 View Post
Was looking for recommendations for the Best Pizza located within The Villages.

Yesterday we took takeout from Bravo Pizza located at Lake Sumter. Large cheese pizza was $ 14.50 with each additional topping $3.00.

Would be interested in hearing everyone's recommendation.
If you are from the Chicago land area I recommend a short trip to Belview. Belview Pizza, almost across the street from Mic e D's offers the best pizza as well as about generous portions of about 20 other Italian favorites. Be sure to bring cash as they don't take credit cards.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:34 AM
Sage

(Belleview)

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 06-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by w38k40@comcast.net View Post
If you are from the Chicago land area I recommend a short trip to Belview. Belview Pizza, almost across the street from Mic e D's offers the best pizza as well as about generous portions of about 20 other Italian favorites. Be sure to bring cash as they don't take credit cards.
Thanks for the info. about Chicago style pizza close to The Villages for my next trip to TV hopefully in the fall. If Lou Malnati's would open a restaurant in The Villages, they would make a killing. And if you are a pizza lover from the Chicago area, you are probably familiar with Lou Malnati's. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:25 PM

NYPD is the best. Uses high end ingredients. Great service. Best in the Villages. Pizza Bianco is outstanding with brocolli.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Our favorite is Mallory! Hand tossed, brick oven - I love the portabella and swiss, and you can add sausage if you like. We use Papa Johns website for delivery and like the choices and the specials you can join up to receive. Fast delivery, arrives hot, very good pizza ( I love the garlic sauce).
Old 06-17-2013, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung;690***
What did you think of Bravo's, other than it's a little expensive?

Generally, you will have a completely different pizza-experience when you eat it right out of the oven, or when you take it home. For example, Giovanni's is acceptable when you eat there but tastes like cardboard when you take it home. We're happy with Bravo's but we often pop it in the oven for 10 minutes if we're taking it out.
When I get a to-go pizza at Bravo's I have them cook it only half way and not slice it. When I get home I fire up the grill for indirect cooking and throw it on the grill away from the burner. It takes 5 minutes to cook and you can add your own toppings if you want to.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

Everyone's tastes are different, that being said, try them all. Giovanni's a full service Italian dining eatery is worth a try. Moderately priced, fast, pleasant service. Always a smile on the staff.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:45 PM

I agree with the assessment that taste in pizza is subjective, very subjective! Being from the NYC suburbs, that's what I look for in a pizza. Bravo was pretty good, but it seems they've lost their touch recently. Had a great pizza at Luigini's in Spanish Springs just last week that was probably the best I've had in Florida. Have yet to try NYPD, but it sounds like I should... soon.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Veteran member

I miss my Augustine's pizza from New Castle,Pa and my Pizza Joe's homestyle pizza.Pizza Joe's did have a shop somewhere down here in Florida but the owner moved back north.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 PM

Went to tierra del sol tonight had a terrible experience. The service was bad, the pizza had no taste and was expensive plus we were there two hours since they burnt the first one so bad. Had chicken tenders for appetizer got 6 pieces barley better than mickey d's. The bill was over thirty bucks, never again.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.