Big City Grill colsed

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Sage

Aurelio's too!

http://www.aureliospizza.com/aurelio...nForm&Cat1=LA6

Pictures of my kids still on their wall at the original Homewood, IL store.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 07-12-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Eternal Member

We went to Big City Grill in SS one time and swore we would never return. Terrible.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
Don't forget that both Portillo's and Malnati's can be shipped to The Villages quite easily. Order today, here tomorrow.
Got a sausage Malnati's in the freezer right now (but not for long). Did not know about ordering Portillos or Aurelio's. Good to know. On a more somber note, there is now another empty storefront in Spanish Springs square. As we all know, there is not much more of a negative image than shuttered businesses in a "downtown" area. Let's hope that the Big City Grill site doesn't stay closed like Bourbon Street has been for over the two years that I know about.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Sage

Now I don't feel bad that we never made it there. From the other posts, it sounds like we would have gone only once.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Got a sausage Malnati's in the freezer right now (but not for long). Did not know about ordering Portillos or Aurelio's. Good to know. On a more somber note, there is now another empty storefront in Spanish Springs square. As we all know, there is not much more of a negative image than shuttered businesses in a "downtown" area. Let's hope that the Big City Grill site doesn't stay closed like Bourbon Street has been for over the two years that I know about.
You and Mallory are making me hungry. We have a Portillos and Aurelio's (Giordano's too) a short drive away. Might have to hit one of them for dinner tomorrow. No Malnati's nearby though.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Default Went once ..............

The wife is from New York and couldn't wait till we went to the 466 spot. Once there, we couldn't wait to leave. 1) wouldn't accept credit cards, 2) no plates on which to put your "food", 3) food was poor quality for a spot that was hyped as being so great.
Went once and never went again.

Wifey keeps telling "Joey" at Caravelli's (deli/restaurant) in Oviedo they need to grab a spot in the Villages. Now there is some good Italian food.
But he wants his own place not someplace he has to rent up here.
They make a cheese and bacon quiche' to die for!!

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKat1 View Post
You and Mallory are making me hungry. We have a Portillos and Aurelio's (Giordano's too) a short drive away. Might have to hit one of them for dinner tomorrow. No Malnati's nearby though.

You're a lucky man, BobKat1.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Now I don't feel bad that we never made it there. From the other posts, it sounds like we would have gone only once.

Actually, I went there and the store they had on 466, many times in hopes that they would get the hang of making an Italian Beef Sandwich - they were sort of close; maybe a 3 on a scale of 10. Their pizza was the pits.

The only place I know of that you can get a Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich is in Chicago - all over the place.

When my brother and his wife (from the Chgo South Burbs) came down in March they brought Italian Beef and fixings for a big feast for all the family in TV (Uncle & Aunt, other Bro and wife, me and wife, and our daughter and her family from Deland).

Last edited by chuckinca; 07-12-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
When my brother and his wife (from the Chgo South Burbs) came down in March they brought Italian Beef and fixings for a big feast for all the family in TV (Uncle & Aunt, other Bro and wife, me and wife, and our daughter and her family from Deland).

Chuck???
Where was my invite???
I thought we were friends???

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.