Bluefin disappointment

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2023, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyO View Post
Even after all is said and done you can always have a $14 drink there where they just short pour you especially the chophouse and coastal Delmar
I had an excellent martini at Chop last evening for 10 and the glass was full to the rim.
Old 03-02-2023, 12:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Large groups are hard on restaurants. There is only 1 perfect thing.
Try upscale retaurants like Turner's Kitchen ,Leesburg. They only seat groups of 4 or less. Quiet with great service and wonderful food.
Old 03-02-2023, 12:25 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Had some really outstanding meals there, and some really poorly prepared ones too, similar to what you described. I really think it's another sign of the times. Does anyone else remember when your favorite steak house, or sea food house, almost NEVER changed employees ? From our dating years until our children were nearly high school age, we frequented our favorite steak house, ordered our favorite filet mignon almost every time, had the same waitress who, at the time, had been with them 23 YEARS already, and the food preparation and quality never changed. Also has a favorite sea food house, same thing, always the host, always had same waiter, things are just not like that any more. Those days a long gone. I'm finally beginning to understand what I NEVER understood... how my grandmother would speak so longingly of the "old days".... LOL ! NOW I realize how nice it was to go into one of the major department stores and know the elevator operator, even in a big city ! How nice it was to know the mail person, the man at the filling station who pumped the gasoline AND cleaned your windows, etc. Never appreciated those things enough at the time I guess. "Ray", the mail man, always a nice smile, a few words of chatting, never received mail that actually belonged to someone else.. some good things about those "old days" !
Great post and you are spot on. I could add much to your sentiment but will only add that it all starts with “discipline” that starts with parents who taught me and others that a “job
worth doing is worth doing well”.
Old 03-02-2023, 05:34 PM

We've had good luck at Blue Fin. The very first time we ate there my scallops seemed undercooked. From then on, I've ordered them well done. Problem solved. We are not fussy people and rarely have a bad meal at any of the restaurants in the area. I just can't stand undercooked meats. In fact, I remember the worst 2 meals I've ever had in my life were at expensive restaurants; one was the Contemporary Resort at Disney World and the other was Cattlebaron's in Spanish Springs. Not only inedible food, the service was terrible too. Never went back.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 03-12-2023, 10:21 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt57 View Post
Hate to bash on line but I received no response to my lengthy email. We went Saturday night with total of 8, wife’s fish came out cold and raw, came out warm and raw the 2nd time, 2 of us had raw scallops in our pescatore and 2 , yes 2 mussels per plate. Missing napkins and silverware came out after the food, bread came out when entrees were done or sent back. Manager comped the raw fish and gave us a gift card, which is fine, he made an effort. It’s just frustrating that we pay good money yet are disappointed time and againat so many restaurants. For now our weekly excursions as a group are going to be at our homes, everyone chipping in a dish. We will eat much better
I have eatern there a few times. Never disappointed but never left there thinking how great it was either. Just an average restaurant in TV even though they market it as high end.
Old 03-13-2023, 05:06 AM

I was not impressed with Bluefin the first and only time I’ve been. Have no desire to go back.
Old 03-13-2023, 07:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker View Post
And it will probably get worse as no one wants to work!
Specifically no one wants to work HERE! I can’t imagine why?
Closed Thread

Tags
raw, fish, time, gift, card

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.