Bluefin disappointment

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2023, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker View Post
And it will probably get worse as no one wants to work!
Actually, no one wants to work for slave’s wages in a place where many of the customers treat them poorly.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
I had a bad experience at another FMK restaurant. I had to email twice to the restaurant and received no response. Maybe the owner should make it a point to read e mails sent to his restaurants.
I agree. It’s not good business to ignore a past guest. But since it’s past, management often just moves on and can’t be bothered.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker View Post
And it will probably get worse as no one wants to work!

I don't know if its that "no one wants to work" but more that many people that have worked in the industry can find higher paying or more rewarding jobs elsewhere.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Real men know how to cook.
And do “real women” know how to change a car’s tire? With cooking, some men like to cook, others don’t at all. Doesn’t make them less “real.”
Old 03-02-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt57 View Post
Hate to bash on line but I received no response to my lengthy email. We went Saturday night with total of 8, wife’s fish came out cold and raw, came out warm and raw the 2nd time, 2 of us had raw scallops in our pescatore and 2 , yes 2 mussels per plate. Missing napkins and silverware came out after the food, bread came out when entrees were done or sent back. Manager comped the raw fish and gave us a gift card, which is fine, he made an effort. It’s just frustrating that we pay good money yet are disappointed time and againat so many restaurants. For now our weekly excursions as a group are going to be at our homes, everyone chipping in a dish. We will eat much better
Honestly I think the manager was very responsive, he gave you a gift card and comped a fish dish. Not sure what else he can do for you. But it’s true that meals at restaurants aren’t always consistently good or great. And that can be disappointing, especially as prices on menus have definitely gone up.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:09 AM

The Other Side of the Coin - My husband and I had a lovely meal at the Blue Fin on Valentine’s Day. While we were there we saw some of the rudest behavior from patrons we have ever seen. People hogging tables for hours and not ordering anything but a few drinks, ragging on their servers for no good reason, and, this is the one that really got us, a couple rushing our outside table the minute we stood up. We told them that they had to be seated by the staff to sit there. They didn’t care. The servers were so haggard. Frankly, too many people here treat them like the doo doo. If I was a server, id be looking for another job too.
Old 03-02-2023, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Hate to bash on line but I received no response to my lengthy email. We went Saturday night with total of 8, wife’s fish came out cold and raw, came out warm and raw the 2nd time, 2 of us had raw scallops in our pescatore and 2 , yes 2 mussels per plate. Missing napkins and silverware came out after the food, bread came out when entrees were done or sent back. Manager comped the raw fish and gave us a gift card, which is fine, he made an effort. It’s just frustrating that we pay good money yet are disappointed time and againat so many restaurants. For now our weekly excursions as a group are going to be at our homes, everyone chipping in a dish. We will eat much better
How does not getting a response make it okay to bash online? Don’t think you hate it like you claim
Old 03-02-2023, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Expected to find this in "what do you miss about the north." Restaurants in TV are the biggest disappointment for me
Old 03-02-2023, 08:47 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

Just want to say that groups of 8, 10, 12 in a nice restaurant ruins the experience for other diners. You'll are just too loud, and the more the drinks flow, the louder you get. Maybe the white tablecloth restaurants should limit the group size.
Old 03-02-2023, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,022 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele201 View Post
And do “real women” know how to change a car’s tire? With cooking, some men like to cook, others don’t at all. Doesn’t make them less “real.”
Lol… of course they do…but they may not want to. I used to give a ride to work to my colleague. On a wintery day when the car’s belt got loose, I asked her just to look at it while I pressed the accelerator, but instead she walked out to the middle of the road and lifted a leg and slightly pulled up her skirt. (She taught grade 5 at my school but used to be a “California model”.) Well, that was one way to get help. My daughter, on the other hand, who I sent to ballet school from age 4 for 8 years, works on building airplane parts.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Had some really outstanding meals there, and some really poorly prepared ones too, similar to what you described. I really think it's another sign of the times. Does anyone else remember when your favorite steak house, or sea food house, almost NEVER changed employees ? From our dating years until our children were nearly high school age, we frequented our favorite steak house, ordered our favorite filet mignon almost every time, had the same waitress who, at the time, had been with them 23 YEARS already, and the food preparation and quality never changed. Also has a favorite sea food house, same thing, always the host, always had same waiter, things are just not like that any more. Those days a long gone. I'm finally beginning to understand what I NEVER understood... how my grandmother would speak so longingly of the "old days".... LOL ! NOW I realize how nice it was to go into one of the major department stores and know the elevator operator, even in a big city ! How nice it was to know the mail person, the man at the filling station who pumped the gasoline AND cleaned your windows, etc. Never appreciated those things enough at the time I guess. "Ray", the mail man, always a nice smile, a few words of chatting, never received mail that actually belonged to someone else.. some good things about those "old days" !
Bingo!
Old 03-02-2023, 10:14 AM

Quote:
MOST restaurants do not have the trained wait staff to handle large groups (8) requiring separate checks, additional drinks, etc. I have found that (4) people works much better.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:16 AM

Lived just outside of Boston for 60 years, have been to restaurants all over the northeast. It is pure fantasy to say that food or service in restaurants anywhere is consistently good. There are good restaurants everywhere, they can all be "lousy" on any given day.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:25 AM
Default Agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
Just want to say that groups of 8, 10, 12 in a nice restaurant ruins the experience for other diners. You'll are just too loud, and the more the drinks flow, the louder you get. Maybe the white tablecloth restaurants should limit the group size.
Nothing wrong with a group outing but maybe these groups should have an area away from other guests or a private room. We have had to ask to be moved away from large groups, on more than one occasion, because they were too loud. Yes I know groups just want to enjoy their time out together but so do my husband and I.
Old 03-02-2023, 10:35 AM

Even after all is said and done you can always have a $14 drink there where they just short pour you especially the chophouse and coastal Delmar
Closed Thread

Tags
raw, fish, time, gift, card

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.