Bob Evans on 466

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Lightbulb Bob Evans on 466

Anybody know what's going on? Lots of work and semi trailers, and appears they are removing the name and sign today?

Mallory Square, Village of Hadley and now Gilchrist!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt and Gail View Post
Anybody know what's going on? Lots of work and semi trailers, and appears they are removing the name and sign today?
Bob Evans has posted the following on their Facebook profile:

Hey fans – Bob Evans restaurants in your area are getting a farm fresh refresh! We will be temporarily closed during construction, but look forward to seeing you at the grand re-openings. Details below:

Closing 6/2 and re-opening 6/9 -
9115 U S Highway 19 N (Rt. 19 & Salt Springs Rd.), Port Richey, FL
1721 Sternberg Road, Muskegon, MI
12272 Morris Bridge Rd, Temple Terrace, FL
2199 Parr Drive, The Villages, FL
One S Buffalo St., Corning, NY
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Eternal Member

Bob's are remodeling many of their restaurants. They removed the partition that isolated a section near the front of the restaurant and they removed the partition that had the slide downs to create a table of 8. They also reduced the counter seating. The check out near the entrance has been removed and a large counter / display case / checkout register area was created. They have a lot more baked goods to take home. Also gone were the wall of candy and other old home type items that were near the old checkout counter.

One other thing I noticed was that all the Bob Evans restaurants that I have ever been in had things on the walls from around the local area. Here in the Akron Ohio area they had things like old pictures of the rubber companies, All American Soap Box Derby, and even some near by high school memorabilia. I noticed that all that was gone but they may have just moved it to their side room area. I will check again on my next visit.

The one thing they did not do was replace the booths or tables.

VG
Old 06-03-2013, 07:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Yep. No worries. My wife and I go in there a lot. Their staff are so nice. I like the new look of their restaurants after they are done but I miss the local pictures. I like the use of local pictures and stuff in Cracker Barrel restaurants as well. In all our travels we've never had a bad experience at either of these two brands.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.