Bob Evans has messed up my T-day order, can't get a hold of them.

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2020, 06:12 AM
Veteran member

For gosh sakes people, it's just potatoes. Peel, boil, mash. Don't have to Google it!!!
If it helps, put on an apron, roll up sleeves, find a spot on the kitchen counter and go for it!!
Old 11-26-2020, 06:23 AM
Veteran member

A mistake has been made , certainly a reason to never go back. Potatoes and gravy ?
Old 11-26-2020, 06:32 AM

I also had a miserable experience. Ordered online to have curbside pickup. Called from the lot at the designated time. After 15 minutes went inside, stood online for another 15 only to find they LOST my order. Took another 15 before I got my meals, which were incomplete. The manager looked frazzled and the staff was obviously trying but totally unprepared. All goes back to insufficient training.
Old 11-26-2020, 06:34 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Hang-um High
Old 11-26-2020, 07:10 AM

BE over time has had problems with orders. You k ow you could have DRIVEN to the store and got your order fixed. Happy Thanksgiving
Old 11-26-2020, 07:39 AM
Default Bob Evans Thanksgiving

I managed to have a good experience at Bob Evans for Thanksgiving.

I did get through by phone once (but not on other subsequent tries). They told me they had 500 orders on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I then decided to go at 3:30 for my pick-up after ordering online. There was one person ahead of me in line. The line was an outdoor line of cars pulling up to a tent in the back parking lot. They filled my order perfectly with no mistakes.

My "secret" will be to use Bob Evans but to arrive at an off-hour. The food is given to you at room temperature in to-go packs, no matter what time you pick up, if you order the family dinner.

(You could order hot meals instead of the room temperature family pack, but yes, it would be difficult on Thanksgiving or the day before - very crowded because Bob Evans Turkey dinners are really good.)

I've had Door Dash mistakes with various restaurants in The Villages. Door Dash itself is a risk.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:53 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,561 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmurray View Post
Bob Evans forgot the potatoes and gravy part of the order. Door Dash delivered without these and they claim they delivered what Bob Evans gave them. Bob Evans is impossible to contact (their phone is always busy, tried 15 times). Very disappointed. I suggest everyone avoid them, I certainly will going forward.
Geez. Its only potatoes. You could have gone to Publix and bought some with the time you wasted on the phone. Many people cant afford a Thanksgiving meal and youre complaining about potatoes??
Old 11-26-2020, 07:57 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,561 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
We tried ordering from Publix today, to cover the missing mashed potatoes, and they were out.
Im sure Publix isnt OUT of potatoes. They might be out of the pre cooked ones. Buy some potatoes, boil some water and make them yourself. You already have the rest of the meal pre cooked and delivered so no doubt you have a spare 20 minutes to make your own potatoes. Or heres a thought. Skip the potatoes if you cant make them yourself
Old 11-26-2020, 07:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Im sure Publix isnt OUT of potatoes. They might be out of the pre cooked ones. Buy some potatoes, boil some water and make them yourself. You already have the rest of the meal pre cooked and delivered so no doubt you have a spare 20 minutes to make your own potatoes. Or heres a thought. Skip the potatoes if you cant make them yourself
Might as well a bowl of sugar as to a bowl of potatoes.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:28 AM
Gold member

Had great experience at Bob Evans , the one on 466, this year. Went at my appointed time.....from the time I entered the parking lot to the time I left with my correct order was maybe 10 minutes. Never had to get out of car. Two very pleasant people getting the orders to the cars.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Bob Evans forgot the potatoes and gravy part of the order. Door Dash delivered without these and they claim they delivered what Bob Evans gave them. Bob Evans is impossible to contact (their phone is always busy, tried 15 times). Very disappointed. I suggest everyone avoid them, I certainly will going forward.
Honestly, what you need to avoid is door dash. Door dash gets 30% of the order which is paid by bob evans (or whatever restaurant you order from) and you pay the delivery fee. A friend of mine in the restaurant business said they cheap out on all delivery services such as grub hub and door dash because of the 30% big they are charged. Not saying it’s fair but it’s a fact. I always pick up my food.
Old 11-26-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,015 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkshop View Post
I also had a miserable experience. Ordered online to have curbside pickup. Called from the lot at the designated time. After 15 minutes went inside, stood online for another 15 only to find they LOST my order. Took another 15 before I got my meals, which were incomplete. The manager looked frazzled and the staff was obviously trying but totally unprepared. All goes back to insufficient training.
can i ask which location you used?
Old 11-26-2020, 09:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,554 Times in 421 Posts

Quote:
You are seriously asking everyone to boycott a restaurant because they make a simple mistake?
Old 11-26-2020, 09:40 AM
Veteran member

Seems like a 1st world problem. It is in fact THANKSgiving
Old 11-26-2020, 09:41 AM

I picked up my fantastic order at Bob Evans on Tuesday afternoon. No problem whatsoever. Let's not get too excited because one person had an order mistake.
Closed Thread

Tags
bob, evans, delivered, order, phone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.