BOGO at Glenview

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2020, 05:51 AM
Veteran member
Default BOGO at Glenview

There was a full page add in yesterday's papae for a BOGO at Glenview for yesterday and today. I think they they were totally unprepared for what happened. I think they underestimated the amount of participation they would get. We got there on time for a 5:30 pickup and there were 30 to 40 folks waiting outside the restaurant waiting for their name to be called (food came out at 6:15). Many were crowding the table hoping that would make their food come out quicker. No coordination at all and no social distancing except for a few that stood back in the parking lot hoping they could hear their name being called. Several folks complained that the phone lines were tied up and couldn't get through and several left rather that wait. I hope they do a better job today.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:35 AM

we went at around 430, no problems.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhood View Post
There was a full page add in yesterday's papae for a BOGO at Glenview for yesterday and today. I think they they were totally unprepared for what happened. I think they underestimated the amount of participation they would get. We got there on time for a 5:30 pickup and there were 30 to 40 folks waiting outside the restaurant waiting for their name to be called (food came out at 6:15). Many were crowding the table hoping that would make their food come out quicker. No coordination at all and no social distancing except for a few that stood back in the parking lot hoping they could hear their name being called. Several folks complained that the phone lines were tied up and couldn't get through and several left rather that wait. I hope they do a better job today.
The exact same thing happened at Havana on Tuesday. Total chaos. It happened with the fish dish over angel hair pasta BOGO.

I ordered meatloaf it was dry and I tossed it.
Old 04-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Glenview wait tonight was approx 45 minutes passed pickup expectation. It looked like there was bunch of food sitting around that wasn't picked up......we saw several folks leaving apparently unwilling to wait. The manager did come out and explained that they got really slammed with orders. Let's see, you run a full page ad in the paper for a BOGO in The Villages.....and you're surprised?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
folks, waiting, called, food, hoping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.