Bonefish Grill Strange Policy

Old 03-21-2024, 05:42 AM

Forget it. Your choice to sit at that table. Don't be a village griper. Too many already. Move on.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:45 AM

First, Thank you for serving your country, both of you!
Second, call the manger on the carpet for showing such disrespect for those who made the sacrifice.
Semper Fi
Old 03-21-2024, 05:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huge-pigeons View Post
This does not say ‘per table’. IMO, this refers to the person/couple per check holding the coupon, not the other people that might have a different discount on a different check. Bonefish doesn’t want 1 person/couple per check to apply multiple discounts.
Now that makes sense. Logical. However what happened to me seemed illogical. But nowadays- up is down, right is left, good is bad, bad is good, etc. Who am I to say what is logical anymore. Reason I asked you guys. I don’t chase discounts (I’ve got too much money in the bank to care) but I do question insanity occasionally. And no, I don’t worry about the 10% discount - just the policy. Either give it or don’t. Make up your mind.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsil View Post
Forget it. Your choice to sit at that table. Don't be a village griper. Too many already. Move on.
Thank you Junior
Old 03-21-2024, 05:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Makes full sense. One coupon per table regardless of how the bill is paid.
Maybe you should think this through again. We shared a table - not the meal nor the bill. Again, illogical
Old 03-21-2024, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
My wife and I went to Bonefish Grill on 466 for lunch and met a neighbor already seated so we joined her.

I told the waitress we were on separate tabs.

As requested, we receive separate bills. Our neighbor paid with cash plus one of those free $10 promo certificates.

Bonefish Grill honors military discounts and my wife and I are both 20+ year veterans. She returned with our credit card and told us that since “the table” used a gift certificate already we were ineligible to receive the customary military discount for our meal - only one discount to the same table regardless if on separate bills as a matter of “corporate policy”.

Sounded irrational to me but decided not to embarrass my wife, my neighbor or myself to call in a manager for a couple of bucks and let it go. But still…

My wife and I were dining together on a separate check, the neighbor paid her bill first while we waited to pay ours. Again, it just doesn’t make a bit of sense

What say ye??
I agree with everything you said in your post. A discount for being a veteran and a promo coupon or voucher are like apples and oranges. As it’s the restaurant’s corporate policy to offer military discounts to its customers, you and your wife should have received that discount — whether you’re dining at a table with other people, at the bar or wherever.

Having said that, I think you were correct in not making an issue out of it. After all, it’s just 10 percent off the check. So for example, $3 off a $30 check. But it’s the principle of the thing, just feels unfair. Btw Your neighbor got a pretty good deal though, a $10 coupon/voucher off of her lunch bill, so good for her.

By the way, Thank you for your service, your wife as well!
Old 03-21-2024, 05:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
I'm guessing that the checks were separated at the end and I'm sure it all had to be rung up as 1 table when she was putting in the order. You probably could have gotten the military discount for everyone instead of the $10 promo.

I can understand the frustration but it's just a system issue.
That I would not do. I take mine and my wife takes hers. We are not opportunists bilking a generous establishments’s offer to discount our meal due to our service.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
So now you know and can consider that when choosing a restaurant next time.

Not the server’s fault for a corporate policy but I wonder how well it would go over if you had a one tip per table policy and put the single tip in the check that received the discount. For some reason I believe that the two checks would then be seen as separate and each worthy of separate tips even thought they weren’t worthy of separate discounts.
Now that was funny. Good sense of humor. I don’t slight the waitress and I will go back to Bonefish. Food and service is great and bartenders know us. Makes my “perfect gin martini”, perfectly. I just have an issue with an insane corporate policy. Call it an itch that I just can’t scratch
Old 03-21-2024, 06:16 AM

Ask for the manager. For me it would be a matter of principle, something that I thought was wrong. Corporate policy? Let the head person tell you, so you can express to him/her your disappointment. Although you just might get an exception. If you don't ask, the answer's always no.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
FYI, here is what it says about the promo certificate on the Bonefish website:

"Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount or coupon."
Separate checks is not used “in conjunction”. The restaurant was wrong here. I’ve been in large groups that split the check many ways, never been an issue before.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:23 AM

Brian99,
Jealous much?
Old 03-21-2024, 06:29 AM

Quote:
My wife and I went to Bonefish Grill on 466 for lunch and met a neighbor already seated so we joined her.

As requested, we receive separate bills. Our neighbor paid with cash plus one of those free $10 promo certificates.

Bonefish Grill honors military discounts and my wife and I are both 20+ year veterans. She returned with our credit card and told us that since “the table” used a gift certificate already we were ineligible to receive the customary military discount for our meal - only one discount to the same table regardless if on separate bills as a matter of “corporate policy”.

Sounded irrational to me but decided not to embarrass my wife, my neighbor or myself to call in a manager for a couple of bucks and let it go. But still…

My wife and I were dining together on a separate check, the neighbor paid her bill first while we waited to pay ours. Again, it just doesn’t make a bit of sense

What say ye??
The waitress should've accepted your military discount. If that's actually a "corporate policy" it needs to be altered.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:31 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:

What say ye??
Most restaurants are like that and this has been in effect for many years. One coupon, gift card or discount per table. Not odd at all.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:32 AM

Thank you for your service.
So you got shorted a few dollars, Is it that important to you that you post it or go crying to the Manager.
I’m a veteran myself and occasionally discounts offered are not recognized but I have more important things to do in my life than fret over being shorted a few dollars in a restaurant.
If you think the waitress shorted you by not recognizing your discount you could have not left a tip to compensate for your veteran discount.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:44 AM

Quote:

What say ye??
the villages is loaded with cheapskates.

Tags
separate, wife, neighbor, bonefish, grill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.