Bonefish Grill Strange Policy

Old 03-22-2024, 09:19 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

a bit off subject but this reminded me of an experience years ago.

I was on a business trip and 4 of us went out to dinner. We sat at a table for 4 in a restaurant that was almost empty. We asked the server for separate checks (since we were on per diem) and were told they would not do that and for us to split the bill between us.

It was late and we did not want to go to another restaurant so we did this to make a point. Each of us moved to a separate table. The server (and manager) thought this was OK and we each got our separate bill. Sometimes a policy overrides common sense.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 03-22-2024, 01:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
This is a 1st world problem
We, here in The Villages, live in a first world. I'm so tired of hearing that expression. We are all damned lucky to live in our first world so, yes, any first world problem, effects us.

Off my soap box now. Carry on.
Old 03-22-2024, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post

I was on a business trip and 4 of us went out to dinner. We sat at a table for 4 in a restaurant that was almost empty. We asked the server for separate checks (since we were on per diem) and were told they would not do that and for us to split the bill between us.

It was late and we did not want to go to another restaurant so we did this to make a point. Each of us moved to a separate table. The server (and manager) thought this was OK and we each got our separate bill. Sometimes a policy overrides common sense.
Reminds me of the diner scene from "Five Easy Pieces" with Jack Nicholson at his finest........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlwibCZbF8Y
Old 03-22-2024, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post

Very strange policy
Old 03-23-2024, 07:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryTheBird View Post
Bonefish Grill may be remaned Bonehead Grill. That may be policy but it wasn't doing the customer right.

Walgreens does something similar, if you have a vendor coupon, they won't allow you to use your Walgreens rewards dollars.
That's different. One discount per person on the same purchase. No problem, but one discount per table? Seriously, I would have questioned that with the manager. Never mind being embarrassed with your neighbor.
Old 03-24-2024, 11:48 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
FYI, here is what it says about the promo certificate on the Bonefish website:

"Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount or coupon."
I have not read the entire thread but will still offer my comments.

Thank you, Ed and Sandy for your service. Shame on you Bonefish. If the coupon said what is stated above, there is no implication that it is limited to one discount per table. At best it means only one discount per customer. I went to Bonefish last week with a group of four and I paid the bill and put out my AARP card and got that 10 % discount off the entire check with no question. I was the only AARP member. Would they only let one person claim a Military discount? I could picture a scenario where each party at the table received a promotional coupon and planned their event together because of the coupon.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
I have not read the entire thread but will still offer my comments.

Thank you, Ed and Sandy for your service. Shame on you Bonefish. If the coupon said what is stated above, there is no implication that it is limited to one discount per table. At best it means only one discount per customer. I went to Bonefish last week with a group of four and I paid the bill and put out my AARP card and got that 10 % discount off the entire check with no question. I was the only AARP member. Would they only let one person claim a Military discount? I could picture a scenario where each party at the table received a promotional coupon and planned their event together because of the coupon.
As a poster previously stated…tired of hearing its a first world problem…im tired of hearing thank you for yoir service.

Both are overused trite statements that are almost meaningless at this point.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
As a poster previously stated…tired of hearing its a first world problem…im tired of hearing thank you for yoir service.

Your irrelevance is duly noted.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Wow! And this from Captain Ketchup aka Admiral 'Tube Steak'!
Old 03-28-2024, 12:24 PM

Quote:

im tired of hearing thank you for yoir service.

We need HALAL now!
makes perfect sense
Old 03-28-2024, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Excellent point by you sir
I alway tip based on the retail price not the discount price.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post

What about all the Firefighters out there? Police officers? Teachers? Sanitation workers? Doctors? What about them? Shouldn't they be getting discounts too?

Who else "Should" is not part of this. The fact is that OP Does- NOW have that perk. Your opinion that OP doesn't deserve any perks beyond those you complained about doesn't change the fact that he has that perk and uses it when invited to do so. This issue is wheather or not the business was acting in good faith when it declined to give OP the perk it advertised.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlR33 View Post
I alway tip based on the retail price not the discount price.
Agree
I’m one of those weirdos that still tips in cash....as long as it’s still circulating!
Old 03-29-2024, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
She returned with our credit card and told us that since “the table” used a gift certificate already we were ineligible to receive the customary military discount for our meal - only one discount to the same table regardless if on separate bills as a matter of “corporate policy”.
Its business, its not personal, save the coupon for next time.

If its printed or advertised and you missed it,
your expectations / interpretations / judgements don't matter, its business, its not personal, save the coupon for next time

now you know, you can deal with it.

you didn't know before, you didn't deal with it properly
Old 04-15-2024, 01:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Its business, its not personal, save the coupon for next time.

If its printed or advertised and you missed it,
your expectations / interpretations / judgements don't matter, its business, its not personal, save the coupon for next time

now you know, you can deal with it.

you didn't know before, you didn't deal with it properly
Ok. A lot of folks missed the point. Those who read it carefully and did not have any predisposed biases on military service, coupons, discounts, etc. Probably got the total insanity of the policy. Even if I had known the policy before we sat down I would have still joined our neighbor for a meal. In any case it is a screwed up policy. Would prefer it if they gave no discount.

Tags
separate, wife, neighbor, bonefish, grill

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.