Bonifay

Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Watch out for the huge swarms of flies if you eat outside or use the outdoor bar. The flies are all over the table, the bar, the silverware, the food, and the rims of the drink glasses.

Really disgusting!

Inside, Bonifay has a very pretty bar area and a nice beachy feel to the restaurant. Food is pretty good inside.
I thought they had roll down screens installed out at the bar. Saw them rolled up a few weeks ago. Are they not using them?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Sage

try this trick for the flies...carry along a little plastic baggie with about five ounces of water and three pennies in it....supposed to dazzle their 100 eyes and keep them away? it seemed to work for me in another location. my favorite dish at bonifay is the southern pot roast! delicious. but now that i will try to be a vegetarian i guess i have had my last bite of that don't know if i can do it!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
try this trick for the flies...carry along a little plastic baggie with about five ounces of water and three pennies in it....supposed to dazzle their 100 eyes and keep them away? it seemed to work for me in another location. my favorite dish at bonifay is the southern pot roast! delicious. but now that i will try to be a vegetarian i guess i have had my last bite of that don't know if i can do it!
There used to be a cuban restaurant in Crystal River that utilized this trick and it seemed to work. The interior of the restaurant was open on two sides to the outside dining. Hanging from the top of the walk-through on both sides were four or five large clear plastic, water-filled bags. Never experienced a problem with flies at all and the place was right there on the water on King's Bay.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.