bourbon Street

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2009, 04:37 AM
Banned
Thumbs down bourbon Street

We visited last weekend and went to Bourbon Street for dinner on Saturday Night. After we ordered, I went to the bathroom where I found nasty conditions. I would not have stayed, but felt obligated since the order was in and drinks were on the table. Four of us had full meals and when asked about the bread, the waitress simply said that someone forgot to take it out of the freezer so there would be no bread tonight and walked away. This was the worst ever for me. Never again under current management.

Lou
Old 04-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Veteran member

When you discovered the poor conditions in the bathroom, did you tell anyone about it? I would have immediately. When the waitress gave you the inane response about the bread, did you ask to see the manager for an adjustment to your check as you had not received a "full meal?" I realize that you were probably just p.o'd about everything, but if there are no official complaints, then management will assume that no one had a problem with it and things continue to be bad. I certainly would have let the manager know that these situations were unacceptable and that not only would I not be returning, but I surely would advise many more people of the problems. There are too many good places to eat in and around the Villages that one should not have to accept poor, rude or shoddy service.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:32 AM

Ate there a week or two ago and thought the quality of the food was below par. Crossed that restaurant off my list.

-Dave-
Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Eternal Member
Default Bourbon Street Is Closed

Just incase you haven't heard, Bourbon Street is closed up now.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Veteran member

Sorry to hear they closed.......Would love to see Augustines (village operated) return. With out a doubt the best ever at that location.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Eternal Member

Yes, I agree Chuckster. Loved Augustines.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Veteran member

Had never been to Bourbon Street and went there Thursday to have lunch with friends. Surprised to find the doors closed and lights off at 1 pm. There were no signs to indicate they were closed. Another one bites the dust.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Sage

Big City to be next
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-02-2009, 07:00 AM

They just keep coming and coming and going!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Big City to be next
I agree !
Old 05-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Veteran member

I am surprised that The Daily Sun printed a blurb Friday that reported the restaurant had closed and that calls weren't being returned. It sort of implies that they had just skipped out. I don't recall them printing anything when any of the other places closed their doors. Just a bit strange.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:37 AM

Oh no, I wonder where Mr Midnight and those other creeps hangout now?
Old 05-04-2009, 05:28 PM

With Banner Mercantile moving to the old sales center and Bourbon Street closing and probably Big City Grill, seems like the sales dept. has it's work cut out for it to prove to Village-wanna be's that this is a thriving community. The Main Street Bistro, which is across the street from the new sales center has been closed for quite some time. Pretty soon all we'll have in Spanish Springs is Starbucks, Katie Bells and Margaritaville.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Veteran member

I guess I am confused.
Why would Big City be closing.
I don't eat there very often; maybe twice a month but I've never had bad food there. The Chicago Dog is good, the Philly is good, the pizza is okay and the Italian Beef is okay.
I've had to wait in lines out the door on some days and I've never walked into an empty place.
So I think it'll be around for a while and if not I'll miss it.
But I don't miss Bourbon St
Ate there 3 times and 3 times disappointed.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfal View Post
With Banner Mercantile moving to the old sales center and Bourbon Street closing and probably Big City Grill, seems like the sales dept. has it's work cut out for it to prove to Village-wanna be's that this is a thriving community. The Main Street Bistro, which is across the street from the new sales center has been closed for quite some time. Pretty soon all we'll have in Spanish Springs is Starbucks, Katie Bells and Margaritaville.
Don't forget Panera's, McCall's, Pauly's Pizza, Ruby Tuesday, and Cattle Baron's are still there. It is not like it is a ghost town. Every time I go down to SS it seems to be thriving.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.