Breakfast story

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2022, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,908 Times in 917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Sounds like poor grammar.
how do you hear the words posted here or on signs?

Old 09-12-2022, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,080 Times in 2,746 Posts

Hmmmm, not golf cart accessible and a Bitcoin ATM? Wouldn’t go there for a great breakfast that is free, to each his or her own.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Sorry, as posted earlier, not open to the public. And, no printed menu (although I have written one for a set menu on special occasions). Since DW and I do the shopping together, she knows what ingredients are available and just orders what ever she wants. Examples: Belgian waffle wit fresh strawberries and whipped creme, poached eggs on sourdough with ham, crispy bacon or sausage (links or patties, steak and eggs with hash browns, home made biscuits with sausage gravy, banana nut pancakes, and lots more. Hungry yet?☺
No, because breakfast is the easiest and cheapest meal to prepare. This morning I started stone ground grits at 3am. Biscuits are rising, waffle mix is resting. Have thick cut bacon, sausage from the our raised pig. And eggs that were dropped yesterday sitting on my counter.

Not everyone has the ability to have farm to table, but it beats anything out there, we eat breakfast 5 days a week at home, 2 days we left early and had to take away from the fridge. Breakfast out is so disappointing for me
Old 09-13-2022, 05:34 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scudder View Post
Eat at home and you won’t have these problems
How does not solve anything
He really just wanted to know how any of us would handle prices being higher then on menu and no paper bill which I find is a legit question
Old 09-13-2022, 10:23 AM
Gold member

I think is illegal in Florida to have one price on the menu and charge you a higher price. I doubt their disclaimer would hold up in court. Contact the Attorney General office and they will confirm if it is illegal. I know there was a place I was going to in Ocala that was doing the same thing, somebody complained to the Attorney General's office and that practice was stopped.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:03 PM

Having worked in foodservice, not tipping or providing a gratuity is not okay. That said, how would I handle this situation, first off, if you have a QR code and refuse me a menu, I will walk out. If you are cash only, and tell me at the door, I will turn around. The irony of wanting technology for payment but not menus is not lost on me, I just don't like to read a picture of a menu on my phone.

For issues with pricing, I've been to several places, with great food, that have a "sign" taped in the menu that alerts me to the fact that the prices are not really the prices. I usually don't care to ask about the new prices but if they came back 30-40% higher than the menu, I'd likely pay, tip, and not return. Saying something to anyone has never made a difference in my entire life so I've gotten away from it. My patronage is the only control I have.

Just an aside, what's the most interesting about the story to me is that square makes it's money from cc purchases. It feels like he does take cc but cash is more lucrative.
Closed Thread

Tags
bill, menu, prices, text, breakfast

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.