Burger King

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Unfortunately, it won't save animals. The beef cattle only exist to be converted into steaks and burgers.
It isn't to save animals, it is to help reduce their population.

Cows eat an enormous amount of protein to makes steaks and hamburgers. That protein is grown in place of food that could be eaten by us, o used to grow more efficient critters like chickens, eggs, fish or goats. All of which also produce less methane that cows.

Last edited by Martian; 09-02-2019 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Hmmm, bet you won't find a FAKE medium rare steak at Chop's Restaurant at Sumter Landing.
Give it a year or two, they are being grown in test tubes as we type
Old 09-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Cows eat an enormous amount of protein...
Eat protein???
Last I knew, cows eat grass!
Cows are devout herbivores.

Skip
Old 09-02-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Eat protein???

Skip
Yes and it has protein. The protein (grass, corn, wheat, soybean hulls, cottonseed meal and soy oils and others all of which contain protein, which is needed by the cows to grow their meat/bodies) is fed to the cow and is converted which is beef, which has protein. It can take from 7 to 25 pounds of vegetables to produce one pound of beef. The numbers are debatable and what is included in the numbers.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Eat protein???

Skip
They are actually getting their protein from the bacteria on the grass. They consume immense amounts of vegetation and it nets a significant amount of protein, as a result.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I am really surprised that the new Burger King on 466A has such poor service. Why would the corporate office let that happen? McDonald's in Colony Plaza has way better service than Burger King.
If it's a franchise, then Corporate wouldn't be "letting" or "not letting" it happen. Franchisees are supposed to hit certain metrics but customer service doesn't always meet them. If it's a Corporate store then you should definitely call Corporate about it, they can (and should) actually do something to remedy it.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
They are actually getting their protein from the bacteria on the grass. They consume immense amounts of vegetation and it nets a significant amount of protein, as a result.
Vegetables do have protein, a cup corn for example is about 5g of protein. No tall proteins are equal and it takes a blend of vegetables to create a "complete" protein, which is what eggs, beef, fish, etc provide. Beans (which cows don't eat) combined with rice provide "complete" proteins.

Bacteria is present and contributes as well, but it contributes very little protein.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
If it's a franchise, then Corporate wouldn't be "letting" or "not letting" it happen. Franchisees are supposed to hit certain metrics but customer service doesn't always meet them. If it's a Corporate store then you should definitely call Corporate about it, they can (and should) actually do something to remedy it.
All of their receipts have an online survey that rewards customers with discounts, so they at least pretend to be monitoring customer satisfaction. I just think they must be getting poor reviews, franchise or not. I don't think McDonald's would allow a new store to get away with bad reviews.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:33 AM

I think franchises can get away with anything regardless of which company. Once upon a time a long long time ago McDonalds ruled over their stores with a iron fist. Whether you liked the food or not you knew what you were getting when you walked into any McDonalds anywhere in the world. Consistency was the norm. Not so much now. Whether it is Wendys, McD's, BK, Tacio Bell, it doesn't matter, each time you walk through the door you have to make a decision to turn and run away or stay and chance the food - you never know if the person working the line is mad or not...
Old 09-03-2019, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

The trend toward meatless is for our environment. Animal farms create methane and other environmental hazards.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
The trend toward meatless is for our environment. Animal farms create methane and other environmental hazards.
So do people
Old 09-03-2019, 12:01 PM
Veteran member

Here's an alternative to beef and meat substitutes:

Customer Records Mouse Running Around Whataburger & Jumping Into The Fryer! | Video
Old 09-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Our oldest grand born with one kidney, and surviving kidney is 60% size of normal kidney. He has been on and off the transplant list since birth.
He has never had meat in his diet. His mom makes a great veg burger, filled with black beans, mushrooms, and other veggies. Grilles it like a burger. One must make from scratch to control the sodium, and have no preservatives present. We fondly refer him and bread and pasta boy.

In November he will turn 22. He is 5’10, and has little health issues other than longer healing of tissue. He tried the BK, said if he were really starving it would do, but the sodium taste was too overpowering for him.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:40 PM

The sodium level alone keeps me from trying the impossible whopper. Oh well.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:29 AM
Gold member

Stopped at the BK on 27/441 near Winn Dixie on Sunday, and ordered a Whopper meal. Girl at the register apologized, said they were out of whopper meat. Huh? I've never heard of such a thing. She offered a whopper junior or meatless burger, but I passed. Went to Wendy's a few hundred yards down the road. I wonder if BK has a corporate problem, or if it's just incredible incompetence of the local manager.
Closed Thread

Tags
beef, burger, meatless, fast, easier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.