Burger King 466A

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2021, 05:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I lived about two miles from those Edgewood Maryland locations for 20 years before moving here. Even though they were that close, I never ate at any of them. I-95 is like a dividing line in Harford County Maryland, crime and everything that goes with crime (drugs) happens on the east of I-95 and west of I-95 it's a totally different world. It's like going from TV to Wildwood. I wouldn't even stay in those motels. Next time go about three more miles to Exit 80 exit east Belcamp and go right at the light, there is a Spring Hill Suites, very nice motel and a nice Pizza Hut in the shopping right next door.

If you stop at Exit 77 again, next time bypass Edgewood exit East, take the exit in the opposite direction. Exit Route 24 West (Bel Air) and go to the first light about a 1/4 mile and turn right, it's Route 924 Tollgate Rd. On the right side of the road about 100 yards is a WaWa, it's very nice and big, at the second light about another 100 yards is a Wegman's Grocery Store, it's the best grocery store you'll ever go inside. I use to live across the street. If you continue on 924 Tollgate go about a 1/2 mile and you'll pass a Walgreens and then a 7/11, the shopping behind the 7/11 has a restaurant that's called Box Hill Pizza, it has the best steak subs in the world, best crabs cake in Maryland, and they have great pizza and spaghetti dinners. That's all within 2 miles of I-95.

The Villages Florida
JohnW, Thanks for the education!! I usually head east, but if we stop there our next trip I will go west of I-95. I do know where the Wegman's is, on one of our trips we ordered some take out from the nearby Panera. I think we have stayed at exit 80 in 2014 when we were in MD to visit some friends in Forest Hill. Thanks again for the tips! P.S. I just did some looking around next trip Exit 80 will be the one we stay at. Spring Hill Suites looks great.

Last edited by B-flat; 02-11-2021 at 06:24 PM. Reason: To add a P.S.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I lived about two miles from those Edgewood Maryland locations for 20 years before moving here. Even though they were that close, I never ate at any of them. I-95 is like a dividing line in Harford County Maryland, crime and everything that goes with crime (drugs) happens on the east of I-95 and west of I-95 it's a totally different world. It's like going from TV to Wildwood. I wouldn't even stay in those motels. Next time go about three more miles to Exit 80 exit east Belcamp and go right at the light, there is a Spring Hill Suites, very nice motel and a nice Pizza Hut in the shopping right next door.

If you stop at Exit 77 again, next time bypass Edgewood exit East, take the exit in the opposite direction. Exit Route 24 West (Bel Air) and go to the first light about a 1/4 mile and turn right, it's Route 924 Tollgate Rd. On the right side of the road about 100 yards is a WaWa, it's very nice and big, at the second light about another 100 yards is a Wegman's Grocery Store, it's the best grocery store you'll ever go inside. I use to live across the street. If you continue on 924 Tollgate go about a 1/2 mile and you'll pass a Walgreens and then a 7/11, the shopping behind the 7/11 has a restaurant that's called Box Hill Pizza, it has the best steak subs in the world, best crabs cake in Maryland, and they have great pizza and spaghetti dinners. That's all within 2 miles of I-95.

The Villages Florida
Now this is a helpful post!!
Old 02-11-2021, 06:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Complaining about bad service and product here won't change anything. Get the name and phone number of the franchise owner and call that person and let them know of your displeasure. When the owner gets direct complaints from customers it won't be long before a new manager will be in charge of the restaurant. I have called or wrote to corporation headquarters a few times and got quick results.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:47 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Wow! That's a broad brush you got there.......
A broad brush for sure ! WOW ! Our children all worked at fast food at one time or another, learned a great deal, some good, some bad. But also provided a place for many who have no fancy educations, special skills, or union protected wages for in demand trades. Fast food workers can be the "care less" kind of course, we've all had that experience, but also many are the ONLY places who will give an older worker (like a cousin of mine) who can't make it any more on all she has, SS, and has found several fast food places to work. Just saying, it's unfair to paint all folks who want to have some kind of job, as greedy or lazy or "dumb", walk in the shoes of another and say a prayer that you are in a better place than some (due to your own hard work and caring, just like many in fast food are too).
Old 02-11-2021, 10:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
all of the above AND the food is consistently served cold, without a smile or greeting of some kind
Still can’t beat flamed broiled!
Old 02-11-2021, 10:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The Villages Florida

Talking about our kids working in fast-food, when I was 19 I worked in a place you probably never seen or heard of, it was called "Wagon Ho". Here's a photo of the one on Pasadena Ave going from St. Petersburg to St. Pete Beach. I worked there twice, the spring of '69 and the fall of '69 and they went out of business. That was real yachting type sail stretched over steel rafters to create the look of an old west wagon, with a 15' tall fiberglass cowboy.

We had what I thought was the most wanted items. Arby's had just started up and was doing great, so we had the sliced roast beef and sliced ham sandwichs on a sesame seed bun, flame broiled hamburgers on a conveyor belt just BK and string type french fries like McDonalds. We wore white cowboy hats, cowboy shirts and string ties with jeans. A middle aged couple had the franchise in St. Pete and invested their life savings. After about 3 months I left to go work in my cousin's sub shop on the boardwalk in Ocean City Maryland for the summer. When I returned I got my job back. Unfortunately business took a turn for the worse and the company took the franchise back.

Originally they had planned to build 200 locations in a couple of years. The chain started in Birmingham, Alabama, and was another in Bradenton, Florida and I believe another in St. Pete and one in Canada. Only five total were built and opened. They closed down the five locations and cowboys statues were sold off for about $3,000 apiece. Soon after they closed, I headed off to the Army and a career in aviation.

One of the cowboys sat in front of a used car dealer in Pinellas Park (just north of St. Pete) for many years. The cowboy in Birmingham went to a Mexican Restaurant. The cowboy in the Pasadena location went to a mini-golf on Treasure Island.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-12-2021, 05:50 AM

Sounds like every Burger King
Old 02-12-2021, 05:59 AM
Default Burger King is consistent

This spot does not seem to show any concern for improvement

Only Customer
Didn't seem too enthusiastic to have a customer. Marilu, at first said only breakfast items were available. The somewhat sour manager said burgers were available. Bunless burgers were requested. They were presented bunless...but they were also without mayo or ketchup. Rest rooms were grimy and messy despite the early hour. With no other guests, one would expect workers to attend to cleanliness. On-going style of this new venue, it appears.

Show less
Date of visit: July 2019
Value
Service
Food
Old 02-12-2021, 05:59 AM

That happens all the time on the one on 441 past Spanish Springs.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:13 AM

I've had good service and food at that Burger King.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
The above postings are why we gave up fast food hamburger places years ago. No amount of management correcting can change brain dead workers waiting for gov. Pay raises.
Bingo, because then those over paid brain dead workers would just make their crappy food more expensive...
Old 02-12-2021, 06:24 AM

Sign of the times.. get use to it.. or go elsewhere..
Old 02-12-2021, 06:25 AM

Why don't you just admit the fact you have never been to Burger King (or maybe not even out of your basement) instead of your condescending remarks. All Burger Kings - all of them - are poorly managed. Since BKs problems are not isolated, then it is an issue with upper management from their headquarters in Miami.
Old 02-12-2021, 06:25 AM

Choice of food wagon's..not healthy.. gave these places up.. many many yrs ago
Old 02-12-2021, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
All that's going on in world...Hamburger joint is major concern Really Folks
Why don't you just admit the fact you have never been to Burger King (or maybe not even out of your basement) instead of your condescending remarks. All Burger Kings - all of them - are poorly managed. Since BKs problems are not isolated, then it is an issue with upper management from their headquarters in Miami.
Closed Thread

Tags
burger, king, management, lack, 466a

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.