Burger King on Bichara Blvd

Old 02-05-2024, 11:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
We went to the BK on 466, the Whopper was beyond unedible, just horrible. The fish sandwich was not really much better.
My last trip ever to a BK, kinda sad but time to move along.
Had the same experience last time I ate at a BK, it was sometime in the 1970’s.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
It amazes me how many people don't understand inflation. The only way to not have inflation is for the world to become totally stagnant. Nothing new, ever. Zero growth. Zero improvement. Tomorrow the same as today. Today same as yesterday, and the day before, as far back as forever.
Inflation is one sign of advancement or improvement. "New and improved" costs more to produce. Therefore it will cost more. Greater population means greater demand for everything. Everything will cost more. It isn't just here, it effects the whole world. It is a fact of life.
PS. And as for BK, I was never a fan. I was also creeper out by the King.
You are talking about 1 -2% inflation being the desired rate, the higher the rates go above that is the effect of economic distortions , supply and demand issues
Old 02-06-2024, 08:35 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,323 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We still have inflation but we have a lower rate of inflation. The goal of the fed is not to have no inflation but to have 2%.

Prices will not come down overall but will go up more gradually.
One of the problems is in the calculation of inflation. Core inflation does not include food or energy - which people deal with on a daily basis.

In 2023, food prices increased by 5.8 percent. Food-at-home prices increased by 5.0 percent, while food-away-from-home prices increased by 7.1 percent.

And yet people are told that inflation is only at 3.4% and are only given a social security increase of 3.2%.

If the goal is 2%, we are 70% above the target rate.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Im sure many of us lived thru the inflation of the 1970s. Perhaps some remember when Nixon put in wage and price controls. He also had a nice little program…called WIN…Whip Inflation Now….none of that worked…took the economy to finally stabalize.

Yes, we have had inflation for the past year or two…its going down…not as much as we would like.

When inflation hits and then goes down..prices dont fall…i believe economists call it “sticky pricing”. Retailers who bought a product at a high price are reluctant to lower it even though the replacement price on that item is lower.

But I think retailers…fast foid, supermarkets, restaurants..are now just taking advantage and raising prices unnecessarily.

Read an article today..the ceo of mcdonalds is looking at their inflated prices. A big mac meal is $18 in some areas!
Old 02-06-2024, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Fast food is a very competitive industry. So, I really don't think there is much room for price gouging. If you don't like the cost of a fast food meal at Burger King or McDonald's, you can eat at Wendy's or somewhere else. I think competition works well at controlling prices.
Old 02-06-2024, 02:06 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Fast food is a very competitive industry. So, I really don't think there is much room for price gouging. If you don't like the cost of a fast food meal at Burger King or McDonald's, you can eat at Wendy's or somewhere else. I think competition works well at controlling prices.
McDonald's will focus on affordability in 2024, CEO says!

Amid backlash over $18 Big Mac meals, McDonald's will focus on affordability in 2024, CEO says
Old 02-06-2024, 02:51 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Last week, a McDonald’s location in Connecticut was criticized after a customer was charged $7.29 for an Egg McMuffin and nearly $5.69 for a side of hash browns. The franchise in Darien, Connecticut was called out for charging $17.59 for a Big Mac combo.
From: McDonald's CEO says fast food chain will focus on affordability amid outrage over menu hikes

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-06-2024, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
We went to the BK on 466, the Whopper was beyond unedible, just horrible. The fish sandwich was not really much better.
My last trip ever to a BK, kinda sad but time to move along.
The last time my husband and I were there was probably 5-ish years ago. The service was bad.

When I paid the cashier I gave her the change part, for example if it was $7.26 I gave her $10.26. I know that people aren't taught how to make change. She gave me back something along the line of 90 cents and closed the register. When I pointed it out to her she denied making a mistake and she seemed rude about it. I was so hungry, and irritable because I was overly hungry that I told myself to keep my mouth shut, which was a mistake.

After I finished eating I decided to go back to the register and ask for a manager. I told the manager what happened and she didn't seem to care or want to be bothered. I never went back in there again. The other BK on Bichara wasn't much better. I remember going in there with my husband and we waited, and waited, and waited. Nobody ever came to the register.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:39 PM
Platinum member

Go to COSTCO, get a hot dog and a soda (or water) for $1.65.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lea N View Post
The last time my husband and I were there was probably 5-ish years ago. The service was bad.

When I paid the cashier I gave her the change part, for example if it was $7.26 I gave her $10.26. I know that people aren't taught how to make change. She gave me back something along the line of 90 cents and closed the register. When I pointed it out to her she denied making a mistake and she seemed rude about it. I was so hungry, and irritable because I was overly hungry that I told myself to keep my mouth shut, which was a mistake.

After I finished eating I decided to go back to the register and ask for a manager. I told the manager what happened and she didn't seem to care or want to be bothered. I never went back in there again. The other BK on Bichara wasn't much better. I remember going in there with my husband and we waited, and waited, and waited. Nobody ever came to the register.
Sorry that you had that experience but amazing how managers can care so little about losing customers.
Old 02-06-2024, 09:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Prices are very high for all food. At the grocery, at the fast food restaurants and at fancier restaurants they are extremely high. The very few times we have gone out to dinner lately in one of the Villages restaurants, we noticed sparse attendance. Is it the lack of competent staff? Is it the high prices? Is it a nefarious plot? It is certainly happening. EVERYWHERE. I am sorry you couldn't get free water.
History is going to repeat itself.
Remember as a kid, going out to eat was a treat?
Welcome back to the 40's and 50's.
These places will not survive doing business like this.
Old 02-06-2024, 09:32 PM

You could have considered carry out and had it your way somewhere else with a water? Sometimes there is a work around in life. I’d be interested if they had provided the water where was it coming from? Do you drink tap water at home?
Old 02-06-2024, 10:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

so here's the reasons for the cost increases:

Why McDonald's is charging $18 for a Big Mac meal; there's no relief in sight

Amid the uproar, McDonald’s franchisees say they are being financially squeezed by the rising cost of insurance, equipment and labor. “I just got my quote for my insurance and it went up by 31% and the cost of equipment is out of this world,” griped one operator who did not want to be identified.

Experts warn that fast food prices will climb even higher as minimum wage hikes are implemented across the country.
California’s $20-an-hour minimum wage for fast food workers goes into effect in April.

McDonald’s and Chipotle both announced that they would be hiking the prices of menu items at Golden State locations beginning this year.

good luck to us. .
Old 02-07-2024, 06:11 AM
Platinum member

I stopped at a 7-11 the other day for a coke ($2.89) and a snickers bar ($2.99). More than $6 with taxes!
Old 02-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

I remember going into a Hardee's in Bemidji, Minnesota; ordering a cheeseburger, fries and a coke--and getting change back from my dollar. 'Course, that WAS back in '71...

Not to oversimplify, but I think that what people are complaining about is the result of a lack of a work ethic. And even more so, the lack of NEED for a work ethic.

Tags
water, drink, cups, cup, king

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.